The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

Ok so you're working on a controller right now. Just a heads up, if you haven't already finished leveling up it's faster to do it in damage stance. Try to get yourself more skill points. Explore, speed and style feats

As a controller: Sticky Bomb, Defib and Gauss Grenade are fine. Word of Power is instant power restore supercharge to the group over the course of 5 ticks. The last 2 slots are open for you to choose what you want in there. Foam and Fear Gas are good for damage & apply damage over time/crowd control effect. There are other powers you could use. I have them described in the first page. I can break down the ones you want more info on.

Any particular tiered gear you wanted to start modding? Perhaps one you think you'll spend most of your time in will help. If you want to deal damage you can dual mod with anything Vitalization related and Precision or Might in Red and yellow slots.

For damage, you don't need 2 damage supercharges. If you choose one, I really recommend Bunker Buster. Asphyxiation Gas is really weak compared to it.
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

oh boy... CR...

What I did was I started solo challenges > duos > alerts > t1 raids to get marks or triumph. They also drop gear you can use with higher stats. Going in that order and doing all the content will give you experience. Experience you're not going to gain if you just jumped into t4 content to get superior armor. If you let yourself get carried through the content, it just makes everything easier. If you have to solo something or strategize in future content you wont know what to do. Only thing is it's time consuming but it's fun. I wouldn't do it again but I value what I learned from struggling.

I guess just work to get your t1 armor. Then t2, t3 and so on. This is a MMO so having a group or league available that runs the same content you do will definitely help. Are you in a league?

Also a warning, when you join Pick Up Groups (PUGs) ignore the bs. 90% of in game myths are spread in there.
    • Like x 1
  3. iKahnic New Player

Just switched my power to gadget from fire.

Could someone give me a beast loadout with a good rotation for dps?
    using a 1h right now.

here some info of what i am wearing

full t4 set

with

Sockets:
    red: prec & might
    yellow: prec & power
    blue: might & health

question is, was it a good move to go from fire to gad, if not. what is a good power to go with, with my gear?
  4. AlphaW0lf2013 New Player

Thanks. I've played MMOs before so I'm familiar with the ups and downs of PUGs. I'm not currently in a League, I'm not fond of drama. How do these daily quests fit in with this equation? Should I be trading in any of the previously mentioned skills/powers now that I'm 30? I like MA but I've been reading that being ranged may benefit somewhat is that true? What Iconics should I be looking at using?
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Think of it as you're still leveling up only with CR. since you hit 30, you most likely don't have the gear or CR to enter raids. The reason you want to do solo challenges, duos and alerts is to get gear that drops in there and marks. Acquire enough marks of triumph and you can purchase t1 gear. Both will increase your CR. which means you'll be able to que up for the raids since they have a minimum requirement. The first raids you'll enter will be kan and outer. Those 2 raids drop better gear that t1 duos and alerts.

You can still use what you learned leveling up. You can use shields for damage mitigation and pets as a distraction. As for powers, one of gadgets strengths is melee. Since your toon will be weak and "squishy" I recommend taking advantage of ranged power attacks. If you find you can pull off melee then take advantage of melee powers like cryofield. It's one of the best powers we have.

Melee weapons give you a 15% critical weapon attack bonus. MA, staff and 1 hand I've used and have 1 combo that hits really hard. Use range weapons to increase your survivability. Bow is quick and I've heard something positive about the rifle. I think it's the hold range attack.

In the iconics tree there's 2 damage innates at the bottom right corner. Nab them. If you have anything left other you have the option if choosing the increase to your health innate, defense or power bar innate.
  6. Doc Holliday New Player

The scoreboard damage registration was also the problem with Clown box/Trans but they nerfed that, no way they are not going to nerf the decoy now. Whats done is done, doesnt look like they will be fixing Damage Registration cause if they do, a ton of Sorcery players will be slightly steamed to say the least.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

There's nothing to nerf in the decoy itself. Worse thing is they get rid of the self destruct trigger. Which is actually where the situational fake damage comes from. Either way it's not a huge indent to the power set.

You don't know for a fact if they have plans to rework the scoreboard. Unless a dcuo staff members states it. You're talking to me as if I have a say in the next meeting with the developers.

If they did address the scoreboard issue, which would mean nothing happens to the decoy, why would I care if it PO sorcery users? Players shouldve found where the real problem was and complained about that. Their power set is scheduled for a revamp down the road so they need stop acting like its the end of the earth and voice ideas to make the power set better for the devs to read.
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Thought id try gadgets on my main for the first time. Think im going to take stealth off and keep bunker buster as normal. Been interrupted a couple times trying to cast it in some test raids and even tho all the hits will crit ill live with a trinket'd modifier. Photon Blast is more for pvp so not running that as a finisher and cryo foam is more single target so may rotate that in depending on the situation but think ill keep field on.

• Like x 1
  9. Ogat New Player

lvled a gadget toon recently same rotation as OC in the video up. Question is there an economical version of this rotation? :x For people with the powerpool of a teaspoon :p

Also i have to giggle about "Gadgets has no cookiecutter loadouts".
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

I wouldn't switch to stealth to take advantage of bunker buster. Some players do and if they can pull it off great. I personally see a faster execution for it.
    Same with photon blast. When it comes to a damage per second approach a player isn't going to use either of these because you're not in constant motion. PB can be used in either depending on the plan of attack.
    The reason CF is viewed as single target because of te small cone AoE. There is a way to make it hit more targets but it becomes a loss in damage per second doing it. Foam will hit more target than fear gas.
    You're looking at it from the DPS approach which is fine I'm for it since I play that way. That certainly is not the only way to play and I'm not going to go and promote one approach. The powers you mentioned are great for applying more damage but the draw back is the lack of speed applying it.
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

Gadgets has options. I use the load out in that video except I have bunker buster in there instead of stealth. That load out and rotation certainly gives great results if you play aggressively. But to set the pathway to say this is the only way to play you should all take my approach is ignorant. I giggle when players want everyone to play their way. I'm looking to get more players to play around with the powers. The guide gives details on all the powers and doesn't promote only one way. So no, gadgets does not have a cookie cutter load out. The player approach does.

Considering some powers hit for exactly the same amount but only apply a different PI there is no cookie cutter build. Some powers are just easier to access through power points.

Gadgets is a very power hungry power set when it comes to the D.P.S play style. i believe more so than light. The constant motion and clipping you have to do to deal damage makes it difficult to find a real solution for power consumption. Most likely, there will be a drop in damage score but I'm up for working with someone to find one.
  12. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Yea I realize there are different playstyles for gadgets, I switched mostly for the pvp aspects of the powerset, not to competitively dps against players I would just do that as light. In terms with what you said about the lack of speed applying it what do you mean by that? There is a faster rotation out there for gadgets using different powers? GG and FG are 2sec cooldowns, Intim and CF will be up in 15secs, WD is 5secs and spin chop is only a 2tap hold, been trying flurry as well and thats just 1 more tap. If the controllers could keep up a CF/Intim>spin>FG>GG>WD>GG>spin>FG>GG>spin>FG>GG>WD>GG>spin>FG>GG>CF/Intim setup I doubt anything would come close to the speed at which you could execute that in 15-20secs. Yea that's more power I bet the trollers could provide but if they do that's what's possible.

I know the FG dots don't stack so lower power raids Id just do spin>FG>GG>spin>GG>spin>FG>GG etc or leave FG just for the beginning of the chain. If there is a "faster" way to apply dmg id love to try it
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

The lack of speed comment was referring to the how to apply CFoam onto more than 1 target, the use of bunker buster in stealth to take advantage of the crit bonus and to stop to use of photon blast on targets. All those consume to much time for the per second execution.

In lower tiered instances, using Spin chop/flurry >WD>FG on trash mobs is idiotic. I use spin chop/flurry> WD > GG or just skip WD to GG. Burst attacks on trash is quicker and Eliminates the targets before you competition can do anything.

Also using the dazing device consumable to cancel the intimidation animation shaves off, I believe, a second. Or just about.
  14. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

better to use that over electrostatic pulse device?
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

-_-

I'd let you know if I had that consumable plan. I never tried or heard of it.
  16. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Its widely used in pvp, especially with electric healers. Its the consumable plan that electrifies to help out our PI's. It's animation is near instant as its a bit quicker then doing distract or smoke bomb. It does 100-400 dmg aoe and is a 2sec stun. Thats in the lvl IV plan.
  17. Potent New Player

IMO, Staff has trumped 1-Hand(even before the nerf in high end content). Using the 3 Tap 2 hold, can net 2 Crits, for at least 1.5K each. The second one can actually hit up to 22xx(I've seen 24xx and 3xxx with trinkets/supply drops up).
    It takes roughly the same amount of time 2 perform 2 Downward Smash combos, as it does for 3 Spin Chops. ir 2 1/2 Flurrys.

I'm talking mainly in crits, but if crits are higher, base damage technically should be as well.
    In 2 Downward smash combos, I have a chance for 2 1.5k Crits and 2K crits from weapon combos, as well as(we'll just clip it with gauss) a chance at 2 1K crits with Gauss. Thats a total of 9K possible damage in Crits.(This doesnt include tap attacks, intim procs, etc)

3 Spin chops, after the nerf, are looking at 3 Crits of MAYBE 1.5K(Personally I think that is pushing it since the nerf, I've barely seen consistent 1200's) and clipping with just gauss is 3 more 1K crit chances. (3 x 1.5) + (3 x 1) = 7.5 and remember I was being generous with the 1.5 crits.

Of course this is all considering enemies are actually living long enough to get the slightly longer Staff combo off.
    In lower tier content, the speed of 1Hand can trump Staff simply because things are dying before the damage is dealt.

For the most part this is all IMO and my own personal experiences on the PS3.
    However this lowers power consumption by a good fraction, as the extra time taken to clip the second flip of the staff combo.
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Aside from the stun and animation, how long is the cool down?
    I'm looking for something that can not only be used to clip intimidation but whirling dervish also in a short amount of time. This is to adjust when the devs fix WD. That's assuming they don't nerf the damage and make it so supportive, defensive and self buffs clip animation.

I'll try to acquire it but I'll most likely go for a level 3 plan. I consume too many consumables to clip. The level 4 cost 100 something MoT. Level 3 is only 25.
  19. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

The cooldown is the exact same as the others like dazing device etc. It costs cybernetic actuators. If your just looking for a clip then I imagine that taking the level 2-3 plan would be fine, it will still electrify and do some dmg. If your looking to keep wirrling after the nerf, phase dodge might be the best way, unless u really want to spend alot of consumables :)
  20. Potent New Player

Pretty sure Dazing, EPD, and Crushing Formula are all the same animation(Looks like Cryofield/Hide) not sure if they are the same animation time, but I believe they are pretty much the same, as well as being 360 AOE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.