The "GET GUD AT THE GAME" Crowd:

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is why I asked which logical fallacy you thought I committed. You can't name one because I haven't. Something is not a logical fallacy just because you don't understand something. smh. If you don't understand; ask.

1) "Generalizing" is not a logical fallacy. Whoever taught you that, taught you incorrectly. When players say the game is "too easy" they are specifically referring to being able to one-shot stuff. You just agreed that's what it meant when you explained that's why you left in your own anecdote and now you're arguing that's not what it means when I explicitly explain it back to you.* You're not even sure what you're saying at this point and just arguing for the sake of it.

note*: we agree on what it means but I do not agree that that's generally why people leave the game. Your own personal experience is not representative of the experience of players who never get past the tutorial because you were building an alt and have multiple endgame characters and are specifically not who we're talking about.

2) You agree there is no influx of new players and then continue to argue and "reject my reasoning". Again, you're arguing for the sake of it.

You're right, it makes no sense what-so-ever. That's why so many people are upset. Because they understand that you have to attract players to the game before you introduce changes that drive the existing ones away. That's exactly the issue.

3) it is. And it's a distinction necessary because it requires its own specific solutions that have nothing to do with this discussion. You literally explained the player came in and laughed at them bc they had to wait for respawn. If it's not intentional action, then that's not an example worth mentioning and it doesn't provide supporting evidence for the argument you offered it in support of. People in the game often kill your objectives before you do. If you don't believe it's intentional (griefing) it's a random tangent that doesn't offer the discussion anything. smh

4) I've already repeatedly answered this. No one is leaving because the game is too easy. They are leaving because the game does not offer the features and systems they expect from it based on its genre and age.

5) We can. We can talk to people, we can understand the demographic, we can empathize, we can intuit based on our experiences and informed understanding of the issue and subjects. You may not be able to but many of us can.

To make sure their cost of labour is in line with their profit margin. It's that simple. Their financials were released in the acquisition and this game is carrying DB. It is their cash cow. It has well under 500k players and is still making money because of how committed DC Comics fans are to the IP.

No I don't think they're giving up on the genre. They have another secret project in the works already. No one knows what it is but I'd bet it's DC comics related since they do have the license fo the IP for another decade while this game will fizzle out over the next few years more or less because they refuse to add the features players have been asking for and expect.

They probably used it from the beginning and aren't introducing it to a decade of existing players.

Perfect.
    • Like x 3
  2. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

LOL :D
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm just curious on the same people that tell you to get good or learn the mechanics cried Clocktower's last boss was too hard. I remember they had to nerf Oracle bot because majority of the players couldn't beat it. Had people turn red or blue, had to stand in the correct circle.

Don't remember anyone saying learn the mechanics or get good then.
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Correction: "It's not get gud", it's "get involved and participate" to judge content legitimately, fair?
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I actually agree with the changes of bringing marks back, but like you guys have pointed out, there still seems like something is missing to freshen out the update regarding rewards and all.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not disagreeing with you, but just wanted to add that it's only its main competitor, in as much regard as they're both MMO's in a similar game type genre.

DCUO has unique intellectual property that regardless of what else is out there, will always pull people in because even if it isn't the only MMO, it is the only MMO with a high profile comic character property. :)
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My league beat it when it first came out. We had to figure it out. Try, fail, try something different. Meow!
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ok, I had to look it up, Final Fantasy 14 uses Crystal Tools game engine, it was developed for Square Enix in 2007. And knowing is half the battle.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Omnibus does need a good draw. Something as simple as added ally xp or a fate token or whatever they're all called as a random drop. Except in fos3 and dd lmao
    • Like x 1
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

I sit on my bed :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I sit and play on the lawn of the house I used to own, but had to mortgage to finance the purchase of the new legendary allies, but then lost because I couldn't service the mortgage following losing all my savings to time capsules.

And all I wanted was that Batman cape I remember from my childhood.

[IMG]

At least the new owners let me use their WiFi.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Thank you. The "virulent" replies I received came from exactly the sources I would expect and reeked of "I think the lady doth protest to much." I jest of course, why would anyone want us bringing interesting and verifiable facts into to any conversation when we can just hurl the same opinions and fallacies, they seem to believe are gospel, in every thread critiquing the game.

Maybe they post endlessly, sleeplessly, because this is their life. Maybe it's because they are a secret undercover agent for another MMO trying to create strife, maybe they are a true believer that DCUO does no wrong, maybe it is beyond the grasp of any rational minded mortal as the reason comes from the elder gods floating in the vast reaches of darkest endless space. BUT it will remain interesting that they post so much virtually 24 hours a day for whatever the reason. And it is also interesting the virulent responses to it being noticed and mentioned. Hmm.

• Like x 1
  13. Flaves Level 30

Well quite.

It is a shame, but if there is one thing I've noticed it is that a lot of people now simply talk past one another without engaging. It is somewhat depressing to see an inelegant verbal bunfight in place of reasoned debate - but that is often what we seem to see online (and in the real world - as my work at many an election has taught me). It is as if nuance and dialogue have been declared dead, buried and cremated.
    • Like x 2
  14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Well said.

I find little point in responding to the replies of people ignoring facts and going straight to hyperbole, fallacy, and barbed comments. I think there is a disconnect between actually making a valid point based in reality that addresses the topic at hand and the weird, bizarre, and often virulent responses they actually give. I think some are just arguing to argue, some seek attention of any kind, and others are perhaps so devoted to DCUO they can't handle anyone critiquing it in anyway even when the critique is a verifiable observable fact.