The Force will be with you. Always......Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 23, 2017.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It will be available to download a day after release
    Oh, you mean legally? Then you will have to wait until after Christmas
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

General SW news, a new trilogy and a live action TV show.

The Disney streaming service is beginning to look like it might be worth it, unlike others.
  3. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

So we can expect Episode X, XI, and XII. SWEET!
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

In time, yes there will be those episodes, that was stated some time ago as a planed thing but what Rian Johnson is doing is being pushed as something else.

It seems to be a completely separate trilogy dealing with stuff unrelated to the Skywalker saga and in different parts of the galaxy.
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The latest trailer and some cool behind the scenes fight training with much of the cast, then his commentary.

Only 13 more days left to wait for those who will be doing the first weekend crush, I'll be waiting until January.
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is a fun show.

7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Taika may get to direct the next Star Wars movie, he was informally offered the job to direct a Star Wars movie, so possibly another like "Rogue One"
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Nope. What you heard about was Kathleen Kennedy saying that she would love to see Taika direct a SW movie.

Basically while in New Zealand doing press, Kennedy was asked about New Zealand's own Taika and she responded kindly about him. So of course as the press always does, changed her response into Taika was offered a job.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like said: informally offered him a job
    And did say 'may get to direct'
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

First reactions are off the charts positive, it is being highly praised.

One person tweeted "TLJ will shatter you - and then make you whole again".

One thing that is being said over and over, do whatever you can to avoid spoilers, the less you know about the movie the better. Also there are no worries about the ads, they haven't given away any of the big moments.

Review embargo ends Tuesday morning.
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

So glad I get to see it on Wednesday, avoiding spoilers is literally disconnecting from the internet.
    • Like x 1
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Finally saw it! THE RETURN OF THE SPACE OPERA!!!!
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Horrible Horrible movie. Just horrible.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I haven't disconnected from the internet and I haven't seen spoiler one.
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

hmm maybe I should drop one....
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The chatter is beginning to go all over the place, which started even before it hit theaters (it didn't help that some people put spoiler reviews out far to early).

Here's some food for thought when seeing people's responses.

17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

What happens next depends on the box office numbers next week if they're drop as much as I think then you can expect some big changes.
    1. I don't think the Rian Johnson trilogy will happen.

2. Kathleen Kennedy is done she's had so many problems since she's been in charge from the massive amount of time and money spent on reshoots to the problems with directors.

Disney wants to put a Star Wars movie out every year the can't have fan backlash like they're been getting and do that .
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I don't know if I'd take Campea's word on that he's been ok with the fan score on RT in the past but now he's against it because it's a movie he likes.
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That's not my understanding of him, the critic's score, yes but not the fan score.

Either way you can't dispute how each system is run, two have no control factors, making them easily manipulated and the third has a controlled system that makes it a more accurate measure.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Nothing wrong with this movie, people are upset because they didn't (SPOILER) appeal to the fan made theories about who Rey's parents are, or who Snoke was. They're upset because her parents were nobodies and snoke went out in an embarrassing disappointment. I do agree with some of the complaints regarding Leia and how she magically used the force to float through space like a wizard, that could have been better explained and/or hinted that she has the force, for those that forgot it was mentioned in the older movies.

Other then that, the movie was excellent and well put together. People are just being too picky with their standards set too high.