The Force will be with you. Always......Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 23, 2017.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I remember more than a few canon arguments and heated discussions in the SWG forums thanks to the various canon levels set up by LucasFilm/LucasArts. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  3. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

At halftime of the MNF game, they showed the newest trailer for The Last Jedi. I'm impressed.
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

And arwen posted it before ur post, arwen for the win
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

uncle grampa do you watch NFL?
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It is really good.
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yeah, except when my eyelids get heavy , then the TV watches me lol
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Now this trailer got me psyched (but was already going to see it anyway)
    • Like x 1
  9. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Yeah, I'm excited. I plan to buy a ticket a my home town theater. I am happy to pay
    for the matinee showing of this movie. That's like $6, I think. I am so looking forward
    to this movie.
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

General SW news.

The Han Solo movie has a name, "Solo: A Star Wars Story". Not really a surprise, it's simple and to the point.

Ron Howard also revealed that two Legends characters will be making an appearance (thus becoming canon) in the movie, Tag and Bink. Don't know who they are? Yeah neither did I. They were the lead characters in a few short run Tag and Bink comic book series by Dark Horse starting in 2001. It was more of a comical series. They may say something in the movie but its pretty much going to be a walk by thing, nothing big.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What? When did Opie become part of this mess? o_O
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Around 4 months ago, after Lucasfilms fired the original directors Lord and Miller. Seems they tried to hijack the movie and make it into something totally different from what was agreed to. Howard has just finished up all the reshoots he has been doing since they brought him on as director.

Howard seems to have been having a fun time working on this, he has been sending out tons of teasing tweets, giving the rumor mills much to chew on.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'll be interested to see how it all turns out. Even though it was different management at the time, Howard did direct Willow for LucasFilm, and it was a surprisingly fun fantasy adventure. Should be fun to see what he does in the Star Wars universe.
  14. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Even bought a t-shirt for the movie. Not officially licensed though, but I still ordered one. Its due to be delivered,
    later this month. Gonna have one in plenty of time to see it before the movie comes out, this December.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If he was brought in to sort out the mess, then great, forgot he was the director of "Willow" (by the way, if you liked the movie, you should read the sequel, explains what happens after they defeat Bavmorda)
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Cool refection/behind the scenes promo, no secondary source commentary/review.

• Like x 1
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

No place else to put this.

So cool.
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The Japanese newish trailer.

It has some slightly different scenes, changing some of the theories out there. There's a new poster too.

19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

20. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Looks like I can't see it at my local home town movie theater. Its been shut down from the Hurricane. It won't be
    ready in time for this movie, so I will have to wait for the blu-ray. I was planning on buying it on blu-ray, anyway.
    When do you think we'll get this one on blu-ray? I am going to pre-order my copy. I hope, its this March. Just
    in time for the start of Spring.

[IMG]
    [IMG]