The DC Universe Online Thank You Card

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Merlin2574, Jun 10, 2019.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

If we didnt care we wouldnt be here.
  2. RokVar Active Player

Thank you! I've said it on streams, but I'm sure they never hear that. This game has been a blessing to me and my family. My wife and I started playing at launch on pc, then moved to ps3 and now ps4. We have two ps4s and two legendary memberships. Having love for this game has saved our relationship time and time again. When we can agree on nothing else, we can agree on this game. It's gotten us through several miscarriages, and helped us welcome the birth of our son. It's gotten me through 3 cancer surgeries, and continues to be a source of entertainment for us as we teach our son how to play. I can not thank the devs enough for all that they do!
    • Like x 4
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

when I first played this game, I was at the very lowest point I had ever been in my life. my family pretty much had me on suicide watch. this game helped me. it helped me a lot. & it has continued to do so. so, yeah, I will. thanks, Devs. really.

credit relevancy still sucks, though. :D
    • Like x 3
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I do my best to thank the devs at every opportunity, so thank you, dev team! Still my favorite game ever.

I've considered baking cookies and sending them to Austin, but I'm not sure they'd be brave enough eat them (considering how spiteful members of our community can be at times, it's probably better to err on the side of caution).
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Reminds me of the time Marvel killed Wendell Vaughn. Some friends and I got together and had a local bakery in New York make a cake and deliver it to the Marvel offices:

[IMG]

It worked too. It made all the comics news outlets (including an anecdote that the editors sent the crotch piece to the writer that killed Wendell), and Wendell was brought back. He’s still alive today and even rumored to appear in the next Guardians movie.

The key is to use a local bakery - people know that’s safe. Sending something homemade in Tupperware is going to end up in the garbage.
    • Like x 5
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'd heard that rumor too, but my first thought was the Phyla-Vell version of Quasar. (I'd be fine with either.)

And that anecdote about the cake was awesome; thank you for sharing it!
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I never say thank you

Damnit :(
    • Like x 2
  8. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Thank you Devs, for providing something for us that gives us the opportunity to escape reality for a short time in our lives.
    • Like x 3
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Thank You for helping my wallet overcome obesity & regain its figure
    • Like x 5
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And the very first response pays no attention. Sigh.
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I haven't crashed once in the past week or so now, so I have no trouble saying "thank you" to the devs for FINALLY seeming to have fixed the problem.
    • Like x 1
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm going to say this *yet again*

The DEVELOPERS (DEVS) are the people that bring you new content - good, bad or indifferent, as they are instructed to do. That is *exactly* what they do, and NOTHING ELSE. Working their arses off as artists, coders, and game logicians.

ACCOUNTING are the people that INSTRUCT the DEVS to introduce microtransactions, TC, etc. They don't generally play the game, they just assess how best to increase profit and reduce loss, as they are instructed to do.

MANAGEMENT are the people that instruct ACCOUNTING on their priorities.

MEPPS is not a DEV. He is not an ACCOUNTANT, and he is not MANAGEMENT. He is the Community Manager. Which means he gets to listen to all of your whining and abuse, without being able to do anything about it without pushing it up the line and waiting for someone to reply (if they ever do).

If you can't get it into your heads that the Devs are basically at the bottom of the decision-making tree over ANYTHING than the content (that they have been told to make) pans out, then there is literally no hope for you.

Focus your bile on the people that make those decisions. Not on the people that have to carry them out - and certainly not on Mepps - he has about as much say in what goes on as I do.
    • Like x 5
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

So, yes. BIG shout out to the Game Developers. I've done your job, and I know how **** it is ;).
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thank you devs for making my wallet feel like a superhero vs his arch nemesis :)
  15. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Here's mine:

[IMG]

Introducing the new "Gratitude Bundle" Now available for limited time only.

Each Gratitude Bundle costs an Arm and a Leg. Packed with all new mouth-watering letters from the Alphabet for all your gratification desires.

Each Reward Box will include 2 random letters of the 16 listed below, all of which are non-tradable:

⚫ t
    ⚫ h
    ⚫ a
    ⚫ n
    ⚫ k
    ⚫ y
    ⚫ o
    ⚫ u

Still not gratified enough? The rare and elusive "Gold Impact" uppercase letters have got you covered:

T
    H
    A
    N
    K
    Y
    O
    U

Collect them all today to receive maximum gratification.

The Gratitude Bundle will only be available for limited time, from June 18, 2019, through July 12, 2019. Gratitude Reward Boxes are non-tradable.

Now don't take this too seriously, it is just a joke. ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Do what the No Man's Sky community has done with Hello Games through crowdfunding... buy a / rent a Thank You Hello Games billboard.
  17. Dazz-252 Committed Player

If my post was too complex/elaborate, what i mean in a nutshell, my " Thank you" is locked behind a paywall.

GET IT?
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Wait, there's going to be cake?
    • Like x 1
  19. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Am I the only one that thought of the roles in the game (Tanks, Controllers, and Healers) when reading this part? lol
  20. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

I have to say this. And no disrespect to anyone. Mepps is forefront in the live feed videos. And his avatar is Batman for Pete's sake. He may just be the community manager. But he gives off (unintentionally I'm sure) this vibe that he has a lot of pull, that he's one of the big bosses. I know he's not. But maybe its just his presence in the videos or his avatar. I can't or won't speak for everyone, but maybe that's where some of them get it from. *shrugs*