The DC Universe Online Thank You Card

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Merlin2574, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Many of us thank the Devs every day or many times over the year in one way or another. Either by actually coming out and saying it, usually when they announce some exciting new feature, or simply by supporting them by subscribing & paying for content. Sure, we pay them money and that gives them the extrinsic value of it all. But the real sense of gratitude that they get from this is from when they see us actually enjoying the content and all of the hard work they put into it week after week, month after month and every year. And by actually coming out and saying thank you, whether for all of it, or by showing appreciation for some of the little things. Yes, many of us have something to gripe or complain about. That's always going to happen, but we get it, even if we don't say it. This game is never going to be perfect, this isn't a perfect world. You (the Devs) try your best work out the kinks and the bugs. And we appreciate that. So to all of you, I say thank you. Thank you for all that you do. Even for the little stuff. One that I have is, thank you for removing the time limit on the warp feature. This really helps. We ask for a lot, and you provide a lot. Even though we may not always get what we ask for, we still appreciate it. Or at least, this player does. Thanks, for we may not say it a lot, but you really are appreciated.

If any of the players wish to add to this, to "sign the card", to say thanks for whatever little things you appreciate, please feel free to add yours. I only ask one, simple thing. Please be genuine, not sarcastic or fake, ie: "Thanks for providing a bug infested game" or something to that effect. That's not the intention of this thread. If you can't be genuine or appreciative, please move onto the next thread.
    • Like x 2
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Thank you for turning this game into...you know what ? Nevermind.
    • Like x 1
  3. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Brit Loyal Player

Than-

Th-

Thank y-

Tha-

Thank yo-

Th-

Than-

Tha-

Sorry. Every time I try to thank you, I end up crashing before I can finish.
    • Like x 15
  5. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

I do remember asking for no sarcasm.

Nice to know that there are still people around that just simply don't care.
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Guess who we learned it from.
    • Like x 1
  7. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I appreciate some positivity towards the Devs. This is a great game, and I'm glad it is still here. I think atm it's in pretty good shape.
    Lots of room for improvements, of course.
    The Devs have had to put up with a lot of disrespectful crap over the years.
    • Like x 7
  8. Brit Loyal Player

I do love the game. I started back in Beta. I have multiple characters in full Etrigan gear. I was easily playing 4-5 hours a night as my preferred form of recreation. It's a pattern that has gone on for years. And I am perfectly happy with revenue generation; I have no issue with subbing and I see no problems with Time Capsules or Booster Bundles or whatever helping them to fund the game. I am entirely cool with almost everything.

But for the past two months, there has been a gamebreaking bug causing the game to crash about ever 30-45 minutes of gameplay. That makes the game unplayable. Not as in "Oh, this is annoying". It's like "Hey, I find a group or I queue up, we get started, and then ten minutes into running ANYTHING, boom, I will crash." I cannot get past Survival Mode Round 2, because I am guaranteed a hard-crash before we can beat it. I love the game. I want to play the game. But it is broken in a way that makes it impossible to play.

So instead, I log in every day and I play just until my first crash, as a way of checking to see if it's been fixed. Then I log over and play WoW instead, which I hate, because as awful as WoW is, at least I can actually play it without crashing 7-10 times per night. I'm just waiting for them to fix this bug, which honestly should have been hot-fixed on day one, and then I can go back to singing their praises. But I cannot thank them for an awesome game if they refuse to allow me to actually play it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Okay I hear ya. It sucks that you're having to put up with that.
  10. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

And let me add that it was pure coincidence that I posted this on the same day the trailer for that other game debuted. I honestly had no idea. And just now saw it.
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Looks promising but they needed to show gameplay.
  12. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I have to say, I think I've had one or two tops game crashes that I can remember in months. I guess I'm just lucky. If you are crashing every 30-45 minutes, yeah, that would be really really annoying.

And I do enjoy playing DCUO. To the devs who may read this, thank you for your efforts. You will never make everyone happy all the time. I'm sure there are many things you'd like to do, but you have bosses too who have their own way of doing things. It's the way things are. But I do appreciate what you do. Thank you again.
    • Like x 1
  13. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

i think this should be the other way around, they should be thanking us for continuing to play an pay tons to them, im not thanking them for taking my money.

When they last did a "thankyou" to us it was that unstable seal that deleted itself after 7 days. how is that a thankyou?

the game is fun when it works but theres too many glaring issues an some that have been around for years, no thankyou from me, sorry but its the truth
    • Like x 1
  14. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Thank you devs for bringing back SM and thank you for working towards the right direction when it comes to elite raids.

Also a extra thank you to Millbarge because while I don't know exactly what he does and exactly who works on raids, I always know that if I see his name on something I can expect something of high quality and fast response when needed.
    • Like x 3
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

Thank You that your game lasts longer than Bless Online
    • Like x 1
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If I want to thank them, I do it with my wallet.

Reading comments on this forum is a poor barometer of what’s a business success. Their efforts are not about gaining friendship nor should they be.
    • Like x 2
  17. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Millbarge is the homie. Shoutout to Charon and JackFrost as well for content design. Tunso, Loche, Dev Dirt -> Gone, but not forgetten. They'll forever be in the DCUO Developer Hall of Fame for their contributions in the eyes of the community. And I'd also like to throw out a thank you to Megzilla for her continued interaction on the forums. Even though I'm not a huge style person myself, it does make me feel good to know that a part of the community had someone they could talk to during a time period where most of the other devs had minimal posts. Always appreciated. I'd also like to thank Red Five for his kindness towards Mepps and being considerate of his special controller needs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I completely agree with this actually. I've definitely spent more money on the game in 2019 than I have in a long time.
  19. Eve YouTuber

I already thanked them in my own way, but nice idea overall.
    Megzilla is def one of the devs that interact more, and It's awesome to see. It feels like we are heared even more.
    Mepps deserves alot of respect for his hard work on the forums and in general, even though hes not working on the
    game itself, dealing with the community is not easy and appreciated.
    But on short note, they all do a great job and I'm really thankful for this game.
    • Like x 3
  20. ChowlinShicken Active Player

Honestly, for a F2P game - which normally monetize everything - I think they've been VERY generous with the community, so thanks for that :).

On the Sony side, and I'm assuming the same on the Xbox side, if you have either PSN+ or XBL (which I think most console players do), you can get an aura, some supplies and the first DLC, free of charge.

Last year, they had this one week where if you had PSN+, you got the first 4 DLCs free, along with Batman, Superman and WW Legends free for one character (I think we also got their emblems).

Finally, everybody got a level boost and Earth 3 absolutely free at the beginning of this year.

All of that, coupled with random give aways (the flash shirts, that Halloween aura last year, the free Batman armor from last year), as well as random "all episodes unlocked" events - I seriously can't think of the devs for this game as anything but generous :)
    • Like x 2