The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Predicament Well-Known Player

I know you're eventually going to get into movement modes so that's a request, currently thinking about whirling dervish clipped with anything that's clippable like defibrillator and battle display. Old School gadget dps. Not superspeed so can't.

Actual DPS of heat vision vs photon, right now based on math heat vision is far superior based on a per second basis even at the full damage potential of photon. Only way photon beats HV is if it's only a 1.5 cast time, I don't remember what it is.

*Extra credit- what I want to test again that was possible way back when WM first came out is, gadget tanking.
    - will casting lasso in stealth draw agro, if so the combo of that with decoy and agro consumable. The cooldowns will match up and will have the ability to hold and keep agro. I will post results once I get to testing this. Since gadgets have 2 shields that are decent and have matching cooldowns and uptimes. With high dom spec we could be very budget ice tanks.
  2. Revafall Well-Known Player

Ty for the reply. I'm mostly using ranged with electricity, and I use shockwave as filler, very much like I did with gauss grenade in gadgets.
  3. Predicament Well-Known Player

Hybrid is extremely viable. Only thing is it extreme excels with melee weapons. If you want to run a raid with me I can show you the damage output. I haven't been beat in DPS yet since revamp. I'm only parsing 12k/S on 3 dummies and that's average for all powers but that's not factoring PI setup, Counter bonuses and increase in damage when boss at 35% My loadout, I didn't want to share for the longest time on this forum but with all the help everyone has been giving I want all gadget players to excel, Photon, Cryofield, Venom, EMP, Display, Turret.

How I play it:

Keep Field and BD up off cooldown, DW 6x combo/staff 3x combo/1H spin chip into dualflurry WM combo, clip with EMP, use photon whenever I see an add or when boss is below 35%.

Spec: 100/100 prec/might rest into health because I'm melee. It helps because I'm at 310SP.

The best thing about hybrid loadouts and this one in particular is the damage out to power in ratio. I call this advanced metrics like in basketball. The more you can score with the least amount of shots is alway a plus in my book. Last raid I did was Oly before posting this, ended with 6.8 mil with 86k power used. 2nd lowest to our troll. He only used 56K power. Raid was a 16min run. 2nd DPS was leaguemate Rage PftT at 6.2 with about 180K power in.
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That is on 3 targets.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is where we get into the murky issue of playstyle terminology. When viewed broadly on a spectrum, Hybrid comprises almost all of it because of its basic definition of 'using weapons and powers.' I've been classifying anything that uses Weapon Mastery or long weapon combos as being more "Weapons Heavy." What I was seeing in my recent testing is that anything that uses melee Weapon Mastery or longer melee combos is going to do great damage with proper speccing. Several Hybrid builds I've tested using short weapon combos have been very unimpressive. Using short weapon combos with aggressive clipping was the way to go with Gadgets in early Revamp testing, but that changed in the early July builds.

Your loadout is close to what I posted here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tting-edge-gadgets-guide.288758/#post-3986619

The trick to any Gadgets weapon-heavy build is to always keep Cryo-Field and Battle Display running. You clip the end of your weapon combos with an appropriate power like EMP. Neo-Venom Boost is amazing for longer weapon builds. If you aren't having any Power issues, summon Suppressor Turret. That particular loadout works with almost any weapon melee loadout. I just use Two-Handed in the example because cooldowns worked out pretty well when using Spinning Punch.

My main concern with the melee weapon approach is survivability in certain content. An example would be Ultimate Soldier where Grundy has proximity aggro. Meleeing Grundy requires good situational awareness and a lot of experience. There are a lot of other boss fights with 5 meter range OHK attacks.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The taunt on Lasso is only supposed to work in Tank role. In theory, it shouldn't draw aggro away from Decoy.

Don't forget that you can spec into Hard Light Shield and Amazonian Deflection. Hard Light Shield has a higher Base Shield Modifier than anything that is Gadgets-specific. Amazonian Deflection is overpowered when used correctly.

I remember a JFA raid that I played on Test in June. Our tank went link dead on the first set of mobs, but the group decided to press on. I spent the rest of the instance "tanking" in Damage role. I always had Decoy up and was rotating shields very aggressively while using a melee weapons build. I finished that run with the highest damage out and only one death (because the healer went AFK in the middle of a boss fight).

Gadgets tanking can be a thing. If you are going to go with that approach, I suggest doing it in Controller role though.
    • Like x 1
  7. Predicament Well-Known Player

The amount of damage I put out is so high that I am no longer worried about DPSing up close or avoiding mechanics of fights and combos. Grundy and US are actually a lot safer, I have yet to run with a tank that properly counters the bosses so I am the one that is always catching blue immunities from these fights, and I have no problem with blocking because that results in damage as well if and when the boss targets me. For ranged weapons, that you would consider to have long combos, you can replace melee with MA Shurikens, Shields 3x throws, HB SK or Pulse Beam, Im just listing non WM ranged longer combos so you can still aggressively clip. With this you just keep the same loadout I have and move to the maximum range of cryo-field. If that is still too close. Switch out field with Foam or Gas. The thing that revamp has brought back in the reward of melee damage, I fully understand that range doesn't do as much as melee for weapon combos and it shouldn't.
  8. Predicament Well-Known Player

Those iconic powers are great options as well. This of course has to be done in controller role with controller gear or else the shields wont last. On top of that you would still need to CC adds if gadget tanking is going to be a thing. Huge part of damage mitigation is also CC.
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Implosion Mine and Thermine Mine are hitting more than 8 targets on only 1 target. Intended?
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't understand the question. Implosion Mine and Thermite Mine are supposed to do AoE damage (up to 8 targets).

Are you saying that the mine powers are hitting more than 8 enemies at a time?
  11. Predicament Well-Known Player

I just finished testing Photon@Execute vs HV
    -Photon does beat out HV at an average 120damage/s(1.2 sec cast time) vs HV at 87/s over 3 sec.

Also Tested Turret vs. RSK (200 CR)
    - Turret With PI Boost 650/s
    - Turret W/O PI Boost 550/s
    - Ranged RSK 550/s
    - Melee RSK 890/s

Seems to me Robot Sidekick is out performing Turret again after revamp.
  12. Predicament Well-Known Player

I forgot to mention this is single target, where Turret might excel are adds and the ability to have it's frost and flamethrower attack hit multiple targets
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

When you go on the Sparring Target, only one sparring target, and use the mines the parser shows more than 8 targets instead of 1.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

What you're probably seeing is a side-effect of how the Mine powers are implemented in-game. When you setup a mine, the game identifies it as an "entity" belonging to a specific player. In order to destroy an entity, some small amount of damage is required. If you look through your combat log, you'll see references to a "Projectile Sphere" being destroyed. If you watch a Mine being destroyed, you'll see a "100 damage" tick appear beside it. To the parser, each destroyed mine is a "target."
    • Like x 1
  15. The Game Well-Known Player

I'm not looking for any style right now, just the best possible damage out.

Plus like I had before, batman XD
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Some rough notes on Flight movement mode powers:

Air Burst
    Description: Breakout power with a damage component. Usable while controlled. Can't clip other abilities.
    Base Power Cost: 0 (That's not a typo)
    Cooldown: 18 seconds
    Base Damage: 24-27 (25 average)

Downdraft
    Description: Ranged group AoE
    Base Power Cost: 200
    Cooldown: 3 seconds
    Base Damage: 49-54 (51 average)

High Pressure
    Description: Short-range group knockdown. 5 meter range
    Base Damage: 59-65 (62 average). 65 to 71 (68 average) with Low Pressure PI
    Notes: Low Pressure PI is consumed by High Pressure

Low Pressure
    Description: 360 degree group pull. 15 meter range
    Base Damage: 51-56 (53 average)
    Notes: Inflicts a PI that High Pressure can use.

Swoop Attack
    Description: Single-target lunge with knockdown component. 30 meter range
    Base Damage: 59-66 (62 average)

Whirlwind Attack
    Description: Localized group AoE with a knockdown component. 5 meter range
    Cooldown: 4 seconds
    Base Damage: Four ticks of 31-35 (132 cumulative damage)

Vacuum Bubble
    Description: Ranged group AoE
    Supercharge Cost: 2500
    Cooldown: 1 second
    Base Damage: 167-173 (170 average)
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

For a melee to mid-range Batman PftT build, you could do:
    Batarang Multi-Shot, EMP Pulse, Vortex Cannon, Gauss Grenade, Photon Blast, Stealth

Use Batarang Multi-Shot to setup the Dazed Power interaction. After that, do this rotation:
    EMP Pulse -> Vortex Cannon -> Gauss Grenade -> Gause Grenade -> (loop back to EMP)

Photon Blast is used to finish off weakened opponents.

Stealth gives you access to Surprise Attack and Cuff'em. You can also use it to setup Dazed and put some Supercharges on the extra loadout bar. Stealth can be used to clip everything besides Photon Blast. Use the Improved Stealth mod if you plan on making extensive use of Stealth.

Will this loadout produce Gadgets maximum damage output? Probably not. This build is more of an "all-around" one. I'm finding the "maximum damage output" builds to be situational. For group and general situations, this produces ok damage results.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Doing some Gadgets testing today, I noticed something weird is going on with the crit rate for Cuff'em. If I go into Stealth and only use Cuff'em, I get a constant 40 to 45% crit rate when running consecutive 30 second parses. If I use the Mine powers from Stealth, I see the usual crit rates of ~25%.
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

I have noticed these effects on Stealth....

Fear Gas: Gives a burst damage before the DoTs.
    EMP Pulse: Gives two burst damage instead of one but on single target.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Also this guy here on video keep Supressor Turret actived using Stealth but when i use Stealth, Supressor Turret always explodes.