The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You'll still want to use amulet of rao. Even if the artifact-specific benefit at the lower levels seems underwhelming, the stats are worth it as you'll need all the vit and power you can get.

As far as speccing Hybrid vs superpowered and vit vs might/power, it somewhat depends on your play style (which sounds like is yet to be determined) but I definitely recommend trying speccing hybrid first. Obviously the 5% vit is huge but also because the dom requirements for Metal II are oddly high, the 5% dom comes in handy there. Adding to that, the 5% dom and 5% resto significantly strengthen your group shield. You can help make up for forgoing the superpowered power regen by getting all your power generator mods and using the power efficiency chest mod (NOT the increased pool one). Your survivability skills and powers play a part too, in addition to the obvious reasons, as your soder and supply drop are great tools to use for power regen if you feel confident you'll rarely ever need them to stay alive. Also try to be conscious of others' supply drops and EoG circles to help with power and SC regen. Lastly, find a weapon combo you like for power regen and use the power regen weapon mod. Ideally it's one that's quick and clips well within your power dump & debuff rotation.

Most likely there will be some trial and error as you find and fine tune your playstyle and the loadout and spec that fits it. And with that, I'll leave you with a few pro tips...

1. There's zero reason to throw healing debuffs on enemies in scenarios where there is not a healing mechanic in play, which is about 90% or more of the time. Doing so just wastes time and power.

2. It is NOT a reasonable expectation to keep overly power gluttonous players' power bars full. As an example, if a healer is using the Orb and irresponsibly spamming their priority, that's THEIR bad. Healers love to say "you can't heal stupid." Well, you can't keep stupid powered either. And don't even think about giving a rats a** about scoreboard chasing DPS's who pack their loadout with 300 power cost powers and clip through them as fast as possible. If they wanna complain, tell them to fix their loadout and until then, give their weapon "a little tappy, a little tap tap tap-a-roo"

3. IMO the worst part about gadgets is that the SC generator is an encasement power. Obviously SC regen means more SC which means more frequent group shields and everybody loves group shields. But encasements can make a tanks job a lot more difficult when tanking adds if used at the wrong time or in the wrong scenario. You might be wise to leave it out of your loadout and just depend on your soul cloak and healer/tank EoG's for SC regen. If you are going to use it, I highly recommend learning the what, where, whens and whys of encasement mechanics.

And with that, I wish you good luck! :D
  2. Ayato New Player

Is this guide still updated?
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Yes.

Is there anything specific you would like to know?
  4. Darfii Active Player

Thank you for the reply and sorry for late response.

So,according to data i get from league hall spars(may or may not be healthy at all) I found out hybrid is a better choice.Since I wrote that post,I switched my DP to HB then MA felt excessively slow to me.Guess gotta practise more on faster clipping of slide shot.As far as AoR bought it today,ranking it up.I think I'll get it to lvl 80 next week after Solar Amp.

So you're saying no Statis field until it becomes a necessity,GG instead.And instead of CF or NG Distract is a better option as far as I can tell.

Tho regarding the SF,isn't Sticky bomb or Napalm granade compansates for encasing ? Since they are both explode and "unencase" the target.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Stasis Field and Sticky Bomb are always on my Controller loadout. You can use Sticky Bomb to immediately destroy the Stasis Field encasements. Sticky Bomb is also Gadgets best power for chain-stunning NPCs. You just have to be mindful sometimes of when you setup the encasement. Try to do it after the tank has finished pulling the mob group.

If you know what you are doing, Stasis Field is a better choice than Gauss Grenade for not giving control immunity to your target.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As Penryn said, you can go the route of using encasements and chain knockdowns instead of stunning, the benefit being SC regen and less likelihood of adds getting CC immunity. However going that route has a higher power cost and is a little more advanced so you have to know what you're doing and manage your power well with everything else that's going on in a raid. Another thing to consider, most adds mobs (especially in non-elite raids) get burned down before CC immunity becomes a factor. IMO, the main purpose of stuns is to give the tank an extra few seconds to pull adds that spawn without having to worry about them smacking people around. By the time CC immunity could come in to play, the tank should have already pulled them. But there are certainly some scenarios where it's very advantageous to be able to avoid adds getting immunity, the suppressor in Phoenix Cannon Elite being a prime example.
  7. MaroonKnight77 New Player

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of going gadgets, and I'm looking for a might loadout for dps. Any recommendations?
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

I would hold off to see what they are doing with turret
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Whether or not there's an extra 1 second on the turret cooldown doesn't make or break the powerset.
    • Like x 2
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

You have inside info? Because you seem sure what's going to happen?
  11. Perdition Committed Player

Gadget might is a solid power. I do not use the turret clip and i get 44k/s ST up to 50k/s depending on the crits. Also for range gadget i get around 72-75k/s (with strat card) on 8 targets.

melee gadget might i'm around 75k/s - 80k/s on 3 targets. i bet some people are breaking those numbers, but these are my own loadouts that i use, which do not involve turret clip.

So please stop thinking that gadget is gonna perform worse without the turret clip (if they take it ''fully'' away)

these parsers were me being unbuffed, but with full elite gear gear total CR296 (496sp). I'm not even max might because my arts are not maxed yet.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have no idea what's going to happen. What I do know is, it doesn't matter.
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

Idc what your l/o is or your numbers. You don't use the clip. Ok? You're not the only gadget player. If they fix the clip, it will effect the gadget community overall
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

One of my LO's uses it and because of it, I get to sneak an extra flurry hit or two in every 12 seconds. If that's taken away, my damage probably suffers 0.5%-1.5%. Whoop-dee-frickin-doo. Gadgets isn't all of the sudden a trash power not worth switching to without it.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

Again, that's YOUR dps. You don't speak for the entire gadgets community. Since the devs has buffed the turret clip, it's gadgets dps that are hitting 70k dps st without a sc. Their dps went from 55-60k dps to 70. So, again, it won't effect your dps. Good for you, but it will effect the community that you're apart of
  16. MaroonKnight77 New Player

May I please ask what your tray powers, loadout and rotations are for both single target and AoE, as I am struggling with Gadgets might. Thanks.

Edit: Also which artifacts do you use for Gadgets might?

I've only switched to gadgets might so a newbie!
  17. Perdition Committed Player

How will this effect them lol? You are acting like it’s a massive nerf. Turret is supposed to be a pet, not a jump cancel power. I never had any issue with it for people doing it. But it’s a clear balance issue which they are about to fix now.

If it gets adjusted people will clip with other things (not every second, but still) so again, what’s is the point you are trying to make? Is it perhaps that you think because gadget doesn’t have a supercharge like Entomb, Berserk, Oblivion to name a few that nerfing the turret is gonna make it a bad power?

Anyway, enough derailing the guide for me.
  18. Perdition Committed Player

I’ll PM you the things i use and how i use it.
  19. MaroonKnight77 New Player

Superstar!!! Thank you so much!!
  20. ALB Dedicated Player