The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I misspoke. The stealth crit chance is what I was referring to. I'm mainly just trying to get as many DOTs as possible as quickly as I can, then recover as much power as I can through weapons combos doing stasis, defib, self destruct. When I exit stealth I'll use guess grenade and if I used no venom I'll use cryofield . Just being a melee dps basically. The stragy card is only at 120 rn and transformation is only at 80

The power dot is why I'm leveling Strategist. I thought about RAO but figured I'll test this out first
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Stealth doesn't have a crit chance boost anymore. That was removed in exchange for the damage proc.

What you have outlined sounds like a plan.
  3. Terri Ashra Committed Player

So far its impressing me. I'm not entirely sure how well it would perform in damage roll however. Thanks for letting me know about the crit chance removal. I'll make changes then. Probably will use emp or go back to enhanced heat vision. Been busy lately so can only play for like 1 or 2chrs a week lol

Happy Holidays btw
  4. Terri Ashra Committed Player

That build doesn't do very well in damage role.
  5. Careless Active Player

Do you have any other loadouts to try? In a raid setting its pretty annoying to jump clip about every 5 seconds and the damage doesnt seem to be pulling much more than what i pull on mental or elec
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The advantage of the Turret clip is that it allows you to clip the lengthy Tornado Pull animation. Using it over the course of a long raid can be annoying.

If you don't use the Stealth clip, you are going to lose some of your single-target spike damage.

Are you looking for something you can use in an AoE situation? What artifacts are you using?
  7. Careless Active Player

what would be a good stealth rotation for st? and im currently running vwd,trans, and strat all at 200
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Since Stealth is a beneficial ability, you can use it to clip other powers. Try clipping a Tornado Pull with Stealth and let me know if that works for you. Sometimes certain powers will automatically pull you out of Stealth and I haven't tested the Tornado Pull/Stealth combination lately.

One other way I've seen it done is to have a loadout consisting of Taser Pull, Stealth, Tornado Pull, Battle Display, Suppressor Turret, and Robot Sidekick. You would continue to do Tornado Pull->Turret jump cancel as usual. When Tornado Pull is on cooldown and Stealth is off cooldown, you would clip a Flurry Shot with Taser Pull clipped with Stealth.

For either option, a sample Stealth loadout bar would consist of EMP Pulse, Surprise Attack, Neo-Venom Boost, Robot Sidekick, Hard Light Shield, and whatever you want to use in the last slot. Surprise Attack is your strongest Single-Target attack. EMP can be used for AoE situations. Both Surprise Attack and EMP should trigger the Stealth damage proc.

Does that help?
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Is there a bug where surprise attack doesn't hit if the enemy is encased with stasis field?
  10. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Tornado pull will knock you out of stealth. Taser pull clips into stealth so does sticky bomb. Regardless, don’t think stealth gets you more damage for prec
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If you're running an artifact or two that gives might and pec, like grim, trans, philosophers stone, etc, and you have extra sp to put in might/power, stealth and surprise attack can absolutely give more damage if you clip it fast enough.
  12. Akumakazama Level 30

Hey its me again. Just a reminder to myself. DCUO does or doesn't have "Meta" Loadouts? I mean if i have a load out I am comfortable with, do i really have to change to the newest and greatest "Vid" posted on the Power? One of the reasons I keep leaving and coming back is the constant 'changes" to the so called best DPS load outs. A load out was given to me a while back. I still use that.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the most part, no it doesnt matter. Most content can be done just fine with even bad loadouts. But you should at least try to find a loadout that works for you and can contribute a little. This is because if for example you are running a power hungry loadout in an elite raid and are therefor diverting power away from the healer and to you than you will be hurting the group. But if you are at least using the power to do damage than at least the power is being used. But like I said. For the most part it doesn’t matter
    • Like x 1
  14. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I have full prec and about 180 into might and power. Running trans, grim, vwd and sitting on 41k might. If you are good with stealth and instance allows you to run it then it might just pay off using it. For me, stealth would at some point always glitch out and cause lags. Hence, it was almost always a dps loss since you slow down your consistent dot from just flurry spam. If you have no issues whatsoever using a stealth rotation without any lags/delays and if it doesn't affect your flurry timing etc then you can be my guest and run it. To me personally, it's not worth running something that has the potential to just be slightly better with perfect execution and mid range and higher margin for error/lag or missed SA if your consistent nado pull/battle display clipped with turret could pull off and most importantly maintain the damage over a course of a raid
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm lucky and don't seem to have a problem with lag. Clipping Taser Pull or Stasis Field > Stealth > Surprise Attack > Battle Display not only works seamlessly but also the exiting of stealth from the surprise attack while clipping battle display seems to have the same effect as the turret cancelling allowing my character to immediately jump and go in to the flurry shot.
  16. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Well, that's great for you then. Many, including myself get stuck after surprise attack, not always but a lot of the times which is really annoying to have your character stuck reloading back up so you continue to dps. To be honest, idk even if I didn't lag if i'd still use it, really don't like missing out on troller buff especially if running with other prec dps
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Missing the troll buff is definitely an issue with this loadout. I'm still not entirely sure about the specifics of the troll buff. For example, if the troll is spamming it faster than the buff lasts, could more than 3 people get it as long as different people have the top 3 power pools each time? In the meantime, I've prioritized getting the Grimorium to 200. It seems that without the pet penalty I can still keep my power pool pretty high 90% of the time.
  18. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I think it's just current 3 people with highest power pool so if you ar running with 4 other prec dps they would most likely have the buff on them 99% of the time. Grim definitely helps but when you clip a 200 cost power with turret and weapon buff plus 200 cost power with stealth into surprise attack the power pool is still much lower than other dps' who are not clipping so many expensive things
  19. Armo New Player

U can clip tornado pull with stealth without any issue...
    But i agree with u even if on sparing it does nice parsers i dont think stealth is benefical in raids due to lag/fps (im on ps4) making ur rotation less smoother
  20. Darfii Active Player

Hi all,returning player here.

So it's been about 3-4 weeks since I've returned.I grinded some sp.And I decided I want to play controller side of my power too.Even tho like my build,DPS all the time gets kinda dull sometimes.

Problem is,i do not feel confident at all when it comes to trolling.Currently I have 300 sp,Parasite art in 80,Scrap in 100 lvl.I have not decided the 3rd one.I'm planing on getting the Amulet of Rao,since I believe I can benefit from gadgets potential to put up some mean CC,so AoR would be perect for it,tho I can temporarily use another one because I see no point in using AoR until it's 160 lvl or something.

So what I need advice on is,how should I spec my sp on trolling to be good at both CC and Power giving.And maybe a temporary artifact suggestion until I get the AoR to a proper lvl.

Should I spec 100 sp on each M&P and Vit then rest to Dom or spec most on M&P ? Which focus would be better or more effective Power regen or Hybrid.Of course I'm gonna need some practise and I need to do raid content to properly gain experience,but I really don't want to go in blindly and mess up the run.So I need to have a spec that gives me at least a bit of confidence so i can go up in there and gain experience eventually become a good one,so I'm up for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.