The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

What weapon/weapon combo do you plan to use primarily? What loadout have you been trying that you'd like to improve?

This guide is descended from a long line of information-heavy Gadgets guide threads. The current guide thread weighs in about 1/4 the word count of the previous Gadgets guide thread. I'll admit general powerset guide threads feel rather old fashioned in an age where most people turn to videos first. The intention of this thread was to serve as a repository for detailed Gadgets information and a place for people to ask questions/share information.

One of the goals of the Revamp was to give the game a long-term and steady foundation. That's reflected in the Edit By Dates for certain sections of the guide. Powerset updates/fixes are rare and generally happen in response to Artifact releases. Most combat game mechanics haven't changed at all since the Revamped dropped. When there is a power or mechanic change, that section of the guide gets updated. The one thing that has had a major impact on combat was the introduction of artifacts. Each new round of artifacts further complicates the game and can sometime greatly change the game's meta.

I've been thinking about how to restructure the guide to accommodate artifacts. Artifacts themselves are generally outside the scope of the guide, but have become integral to Gadgets gameplay styles.
  2. Careless Active Player

For prec im using flurry shot
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Which Movement Mode do you use?

For a loadout, you're looking at:
    Taser Pull or Tornado Pull - Use Tornado Pull if Superspeed.
    Battle Display - Weapon Buff. Can be used to clip Taser Pull/Tornado Pull
    Suppressor Turret - Use it as a clipping power for Battle Display/Tornado Pull and jump cancel it

For the last three slots, choose from the following:
    Neo-Venom Boost - Damage boosting supercharge
    Robot Sidekick - Shouldn't self-destruct if you jump cancel Turret quickly enough
    Paralyzing Dart - Ranged AoE
    Neural Neutralizer - Shield. 12 second cooldown
    Holographic Decoy - Good for attracting aggro and transferring a portion of incoming damage

Do you need a rotation for that loadout?
  4. Careless Active Player

Yeah what would be the rotation
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

1. Summon Robot Sidekick.
    2. Tornado Pull clipped with Battle Display clipped with Suppressor Turret. Jump cancel Turret.
    3. Do three Dual Wield Flurry Shots. Clip the third Flurry Shot with Tornado Pull clipped with Suppressor Turret. Jump cancel Turret.
    4. Keep repeating number three. Be sure to clip Tornado Pull with Battle Display when Battle Display is off cooldown.

You might be able to Tornado Pull->Turret after two Flurry Shots depending on your timing.
  6. Careless Active Player

Should i run the back mod that decreases battle display time? And thanks for loadout its pretty good
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I wouldn't. Weapon buffs last 20 seconds now and Battle Display has a 12 second cooldown. That gives you a 8 second window for recasting it after it comes off cooldown.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When was it changed to a 20 second buff?
  9. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

It changed with latest weapon update. You can see it with weapon buff animations. They are visible more than 12 seconds now.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Funny thing is I never paid attention to that which was the most in your face haha. Makes accelerated weapon buffs useless while also bringing all powers in line (when it comes to the buff).
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea I wasn’t around for that dlc so I completely missed that update lol. I’m definitely happy about it. Certain powers had better synergy because of the cooldown. Now it fits everything better.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Not if you're precision DPS running Venom Wrist Dispenser. That mod still allows you to proc the venom wrist very 10.8 seconds instead of every 12 seconds.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While that is true, before the change prec dps didn’t have a smooth rotation for aoe due to the timing. At least with explosive shot.

Explosive shot clipped with an ability could be clipped every 4th rotation with the accelerated back mod. Without the mod you would either have to use a 2nd ability after the 4th rotation and clip it with the weapon buff or clip it every 5th rotation. Doing either one of these was always a dps loss. How that the weapon buff extends to 20 seconds than the 5th rotation will still have a buff active.

Now, I do personally believe that giving every power an accelerated weapon buff back mod would’ve been better. But at least this is a step up for those powers without one.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just figured I would bring this up for anyone that has ever wondered about the lag associated with using Stealth form:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ooldown-issues-on-hotbar.304387/#post-4284613

16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve seen lag on transformation too. Thou the first transformation/stealth per instance seems to be the worst. So might be a good idea to enter stealth right away when entering a raid and leaving just to get the majority of it taken care off. Seems to help for transformation it haven’t tried it with stealth and invisibility from mental.
  17. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Strategist Card, Deadkings and transformation card break gadgets
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I saw good results with that combination in certain situations on Test. What loadout are you using with those artifacts?
  19. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Right now I'm running it in controller role with Stasis field/Holograpic /Cryofield/Defib/Stealth/Self destruct

On stealth
    Neovenom boost/Battle display/cuff em/ implosion mine/ thermite mine and guess grenade

Basically just abusing the Explosive Damage and stealth crits. It performs really well for me in terms of damage but I'm running in PUGs. Only use Cryofield when you use Neovenom boost. Replace thermite mine with self destruct if you want but I haven't really seen any difference with triggering it in stealth but it makes it a quick clip.

The power crits make it work plus the orbitals and henchmen spam help. Admittedly it probably needs refinement but I'm out competing the majority of the dps in full controller gear
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'd be curious to know more about how you are playing that particular loadout. I wasn't seeing anything on your loadout that would trigger the Stealth Damage proc.

I can see where Transformation + Explosive Damage would be a potent combo.

One thing I'm noticing is that the Strategist DoT doesn't proc with combination of Stasis Field + Self-Destruct.

Amulet of Rao seems like a good fit for that combination too. You'd get a group debuff anytime you used Stasis Field.