The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That looks like a good starting point.

For the Controller loadout, be sure to try Distract too in place of Neural Neutralizer. Distract can instantly clip any weapon attack or power. Both Neural Neutralizer and Distract have their uses. Just try out both to see which one you prefer.

For Stealth, I'd replace Perfect Poise with Surprise Attack.

For your Damage loadout, do you have a good idea of how to play it? Do you need any advice on that part?

Here is how a typical group encounter might go in Damage Role:
    Batarang Multi-Shot clipped with Battle Display
    Spinning Punch clipped with EMP

For single-target, try:
    Batarang Multi-Shot clipped with Battle Display
    Uppercut Master clipped with Taser Pull. If Stealth is off cooldown, you can clip Taser Pull with Stealth->Surprise Attack.

Try it out and let us know how it goes. I'd suggest trying out Holographic Decoy on your Damage role loadout too at some point. It is great for drawing attention away from you while you're trying to do the longer Martial Arts combos.

I don't think I can help too much with Green Lantern or Flash. If you want to try a Gadgets-themed Flash character, that might be possible.
  2. Moon Light Active Player

Ill always take advice.

I will also try your suggested changes.

Also, I took off return to normal as I don't think its that useful and added Surprise attack

Cuff’em, Thermite Mine, Implosion Mine, Battle Display, Surprise attack, Perfect Poise
  3. Serene Level 30

I'd like to try the weapon-focused since it's a new way to play, atleast for me besides I wanna get out from my comfort zone, so... if you dont mind what would you recomend me for a loadout? thanks in advance!
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Try:
    • Gauss Grenade
    • Cryo-Field
    • Battle Display
    • Suppressor Turret
    • Holographic Decoy or Distract
    • Neo-Venom Boost
    As for how to use it, see this post:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tting-edge-gadgets-guide.288758/#post-3986619

Replace "Two-Handed Spinning Punch Master" with whatever weapon you are using.

You can also try replacing Suppressor Turret with Robot Sidekick.
    • Like x 1
  5. Serene Level 30

Thanks! I've been trying this loadout and I really like it, and sorry to bother again but any advice for single target and range for raids elite, because I cannot go melee... or K.O :(
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you're looking for a combination of ranged Weapons and Powers, try the loadout that Crimson Mayhem posted:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...dge-gadgets-guide.288758/page-16#post-4107197

If you want something that is Might-only, that is a different loadout.
  7. Echi New Player

thats a nice loadout but if im using weapon-focused and im modded with precision, theres a loadout for that playstyle in range-single target? or do i need to change all the mods to preci&might? sorry for my english and thx a lot
  8. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Anyone have an OP melee gadgets loadout

and

a single target gadgets dps loadout

im fine on the troll i just need those two

(superpowered)
  9. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

my single target loadout is

stealth into mines / surprise attack
    gauss grenade
    cryo foam
    dart
    taser 2x

repeat...

i also have heat vision in stealth

Anyone have anything better? i had a gadgets alt but only really used for seasonal.
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I could use some help with my Gadgets character. I'm Hybrid focused in DPS and Controller mode, using Dual Pistols for character concept. I'd like to keep it to just tray powers and no iconic powers. It's a Lara Croft based character. My CR is about 103 or so and my SP is at 74. I mostly solo/duo and am now doing some PUG alerts/raids, so want to be useful there. Fighting at Medium Range as often as I can, though pistols throws me into melee a lot.

Currently I have the following.

Hybrid: Dual Pistols:

DPS: Stasis Field, Sticky Bomb, Gauss Grenade, EMP Pulse, Distract (Shield), Stealth
    Stealth: Cuff Em, Implosion Mine, Asphyxiation Gas (supercharge), Defibrillator, Anesthetic (supercharge heal), Return to Normal.

Controller: ?? nothing yet.

I also seem to get knocked out of stealth quite often making the loadout there only semi-useful. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with stealth to be getting knocked out of it so often. So I could really use some help here.

Thanks!
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

So are you playing from the tray or are you playing with weapon combos? What's your spec? What's your rotation?

Two things about Stealth: 1) Return to Normal is a waste of space since you can exit at any time by attacking with a weapon or ability. 2) Either you incorporate Stealth into your rotation in a way that you enter and exit it immediately just to trigger the Stealth damage hit, or you use it as a utility power. In that case you need to use the Improved Stealth tactical hand mod that turns Stealth into a shield and protects you from being knocked out of it.

If you want to optimize your build, you should ask yourself (and maybe explain here) what the purpose of each individual ability on your loadout is. That way you/we can find out what the issues are and how you can improve.
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Hybrid spec using dual pistols (mentioned that above :) ). I want to use this for both dps and controlling. I have most of the pistol attacks up to WM but don't plan on getting WM.

Oh I didn't know about the improved hand stealth mod. Is that a general mod from the dispenser in the base? What do i need for that? EDIT: Ok found I have to have the temporary 60 day thing enabled for hand mods to show up.
  13. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Soo, uhhh anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller?
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Hate to break it to you but hybrid is difficult enough to spec for as it is - you're not going to get average results, let alone decent results, for a dual role spec with your SP count.

You also mentioned that you want to "keep it to just tray powers" which is why I asked for your focus.

The good news is: with 74 SP you can't really fine tune your SP spec anyway so that's going to be pretty easy. 7 SP into Pistols obviously, now you're at 67. 1 in movement because you can't afford breakout innates, 66. 1 in Hybrid, 60 in damage crits, 5 left. Put them into Might&Power just because you get that tiny 1% Power boost along with it. Once you have a few dozen more SP, you'll have to test for yourself if it's more effective for you to invest them into Might&Power, Precision, or both (balanced).

Now since you're using Pistols a lot, the most important ability for you is going to be Battle Display. Keep it up 100% of the time to maximize your weapon damage.

I'd alternate between the Jump Shot -> Sweep Shot combo (tap range, hold melee, hold melee) and Magnum Shot (tap range, hold range, hold range). Clip the last input with an ability each time. Test for yourself how expensive those abilities can be to allow to you stay fluid and not run dry. If necessary, downgrade from EMP and/or Stasis Field to something cheaper. You can see the power costs in your loadout screen.

Consider switching out Asphyxiation Gas for Neo-Venom Boost in the future. I'm thinking you're probably better off investing into Precision rather than Might later on, since you spend so much time with weapon combos anyway in this rotation. NVB is a flat % modifier on all of your damage which means it's the only supercharge that scales with your Precision and not just your Might. If you invest into Precision and then use Gas as your damage SC, you're losing out on damage.

You most likely won't have enough Power to use Stealth as part of your rotation so just keep using it as a utility/second loadout for SCs.
    • Like x 1
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I think I made a mistake in my wording. By dual spec I meant 2 actual builds using 2 armories not trying to do both specs on a single build with a mix of gear. Terribly sorry about that. :(

Thank you for the advice on the pistol use. I'm finding I am using about 40% pistol and 60% tray over the last few days. Power so far hasn't really been an issue as I'm attacking with pistols enough to regenerate anything I spend. Noted on the precision and might. Will have to keep track of what I use more of and invest a bit more that way. Also thanks for the info on battle display, never really used that before. What do I clip the last pistol combo with? gauss?

Also do you have a suggestion for a trolling setup? I should have listed how I have my sp currently spent. When I can get back ingame I can list that if you'd like. Again thank you for the help!
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Don't just look for the time ratio, but the damage ratio. If you're using weapons 40% of the time but actually do 50+% damage with your weapon then a balanced or Precision heavy build may be more effective. Since you're using a decently expensive loadout though I'm guessing you're going to benefit more from heavy Might&Power investment.

Battle Display is mandatory for any build that wants to deal significant Precision damage. It's a buff so it can clip your offensive abilities, but it's expensive and will affect your Power management so you need to keep track of that.

You'll want to clip your combos with your offensive abilities of course. EMP is your hard hitter and it's limited in range so use that to clip Jump Shot->Sweep Shot. Slip Shot->Magnum Shot is probably getting you out of midrange so you clip that with Sticky Bomb. For Sticky and EMP you need a PI setup, that's what you should use Gauss for. You only need to setup a PI once every 12 seconds, which fits perfectly with Battle Display. So, without testing, I'd try to build your rotation like this:

Gauss [clip] Battle Display => Jump Shot->Sweep Shot [clip] EMP => Slip Shot->Magnum Shot [clip] Sticky Bomb => repeat alternating between Sweep/EMP and Magnum/Sticky until Battle Display becomes available again, then clip whatever your last combo was with Gauss and Battle Display.

You see that in this rotation I'm only using 4 abilities. Add the Stealth slot to that for utility and you're left with Stasis Field which I personally wouldn't use outside of dedicated SC builds. You can fill your rotation without it and you aren't built around your SC, so I'd drop it in favor of Distract. It's a cheap, beneficial (can clip), breakout, detaunt and shield so it's perfect for either keeping it up casually if you have the Power, or for escaping emergencies quickly.

I'm not an expert on trolling by far, and I like to play more exotic Troll setups so I'm not the best person to ask here.
    There's a section on Troll loadouts on the first page though. As for spec, I'd go with Superpowered, Power crits, and a mix of Might&Power and Vitalization for a conventional build.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

I know I'm one day late...

[IMG]

Youtube is probably the first choice for game info these days compared to the past, but at least you guys have a readership based on the number of views. The first 2 pages are done so well they more than likely provide all the info needed for your followers.
    • Like x 3
  18. Fighter Well-Known Player

I have been playing DC for a long time but I am brand new to gadgets. I just respeced my alt to it and I plan to primarily DPS. I am currently specter as weapons expert but I am willing to go might. I am looking for some good loadouts. Here is what I would like to be able to test:

1) Precision single target
    2) Precision AOE
    3) Might Single target
    4) Might AOE

Also I have a few questions.

1) Which spec, Precision or Might, do you all believe is stronger DPS?
    2) How does stealth work and is it worth using?
    3) How do I get the most out of Gadget DPS?

Thank you in advance!!
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

1. Both approaches work. Testing it empirically has been impossible with the Time Capsule artifacts being unobtainable on the Test Server.
    2. Stealth is a form transformation that provides a secondary loadout bar, detaunt, and inflicts the Dazed power interaction. It also gives you access to attacks you can't use in Normal form. It also becomes Gadgets strongest shield when combined with the Improved Stealth hands mod. Is it worth using? Yes.
    3. To get the most out of Gadgets DPSing, you need to know the powerset top-to-bottom and be willing to change your loadout based on the situation. Gadgets is very flexible and has many powerful abilities. A loadout you use for mobbing may not be the best one for boss fights.

You were wanting advice on specific loadouts. Are you looking for loadouts that emphasize maximum damage output without regard to survivability or power consumption?
  20. Fighter Well-Known Player

This toon is strictly for DPS. Therefore I am looking for something I can run endgame content with and put out great numbers. So I guess I want the best damage out with good survivability and power consumption. Power I am not as worried about cause I run with good trolls and I don’t mind drinking sodas. I also think I may be leaning towards being might based but that means I will have to level up all my Might Augments! :(

But if you can give any of the LOs I listed above that would be incredibly helpful since it’s been a very long time since I have been gadgets. Thank you!