The community wants different things, but what can we agree on?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Oct 14, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

It's apparent we're not really united. It's not a bad thing, though.

We have players at different stages from fresh off the ship to trying to reach their 270th SP.

Some just want major, year long bug fixes, some want more cosmetic options, while some want the actual game to change completely to just wanting more story content.

But the devs cant keep going back and forth to please people that can't even agree on what they want themselves.

What do you think is a common ground to help everyone reach a goal together?
    • Like x 4
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Best gear in vendor and we achieved it :) gg all!
    • Like x 20
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That's one of the reasons I like the developers of this game. They work on everything at the same time. Bug fixes, cosmetic options, more story.

Of course, they make some decisions that I'm not okay with. But that's the nature of a beast like an MMORPG. Not everyone will like everything. For every person that says the new seasonal items are bad, there's also someone like me who was dying to get some of those Spotlights. (That's just a small example)

I think they should continue how they have been. Reading and reviewing community feedback and making changes (or not) accordingly. This is one of the most fluid games I've ever played as far as Developer interactivity and feedback.

However, for your main question: I believe DCUO needs to hold many more polls. Polls that not only ask what we want, but that end up giving it to us, like the Batman Legends costume.
    • Like x 9
  4. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I can't think of anything. Usually the community will always find itself in a state of infighting.
    • Like x 3
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

- Balanced powersets. I've never seen a thread where people were asking for powers to be unbalanced. As long as base numbers for maximum performance/skill are the same, the only differentiating factor would and should be set in CR and skill points. That's not to say that undiscovered loadouts and skill wouldn't trump the cookie cutter mindset. Hopefully this will be addressed in the balancing update.

- More marketplace items. I think we can all rally around having some cool stuff to buy in the marketplace, whether it be cosmetic or supply-based, and I'm not talking about pay2win stuff.
    • Like x 6
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

Can we all agree that electricity dps is long overdue for some kind of help? It used to be such a cool power. Hopefully the stat revamp isn't far away and is the "miracle" it's hyped up to be.
    • Like x 9
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

This!

This has to be the number one "united" desire.

Power balance is right up there as well, but is also an impossibility. So...

Styles and Marketplace options cannot be denied either.

(Nature and Electric DPS gets an honorable mention ;) )
    • Like x 7
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

We achieved best gear in vendor. It took 2 years but we got it.

I think the whole community agrees on electric and nature situation
    • Like x 14
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Im curious as to why everyone seems so happy about best gear on a vendor w/out knowing the details of how many coins we get for each instance and most importantly the cost of the gear. Those are some pretty important details that we dont know yet but people deem it a success. Dlcs are 3 months again and if it takes say 10 weeks to get your gear w/out replays i wouldnt deem that a success or good system at all. It would mean by the time u get your gear 2 weeks later the next dlc rolls around and u cant get it for the off role w/out replaying. Would be pretty hard for casual players to get their gear too. Ofc we dont know how it will work yet, but that is the point. Imo its bizarre for people to act like its a great change w/out knowing the most important detail ;)

And with monthly content mepps told us its 6-8 weeks to acquire the best gear, each episode. And he said about this new system the cost will reflect the vendor gear being the BEST gear. So i dont think 10 weeks is an exaggeration. Im very curious to see these details and dont really understand why they havent told us yet.
    • Like x 8
  10. The Great NK Well-Known Player

I think we deserve more credit as a community. There's time where we hate each others guts, but we always come through to each other in the end. (Or most of us at least). We debate on these forums but play with each other in game.

Together we've got the devs to put new stuff on the marketplace. Together we've went back to the large DLC cycle. Together we've put the best gear back onto the vendor. The devs read what we write and I think we're doing a mighty fine job trying to make this one of the funnest superhero comic MMOs ever.

Keep it up guys.
    • Like x 4
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I personally don't give a flying **** how much it costs to get the best gear. So long as I can get it without having to depend on a random number generator to do so and I can at least enjoy it for a short while before it needs replaced.

Hopefully it takes longer to gear up than it does now. By default, it will be, because nobody will be leaving Day 1 of the new content with a full set of the best gear, unless the content is ridiculously easy, ridiculously short and the person grinding the Coins spends a ridiculous amount of replay badges in one go, doing it. Unlike now, where i can usually buy 2 pieces of gear when the servers come back up after an update and (more than likely) get a drop or two from the new content.

The grind needs to take longer and the content needs to get tougher if the developers are reverting back to large DLCs. We can't go back to a tiny grind to get the 2nd/3rd/4th worst gear in slot then everything shifts to chasing rewards locked behind RNG in content that you can play* for free once per week.

* By "Play" I mean "Get rewards from".
    • Like x 10
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not sure. 6-8 weeks from monthly content was way off. Even if you replayed getting the best gear without replaying was near impossible to get in a 90 day time period.

I am guessing it would take 3-5 runs per elite piece of gear, perhaps less but nomore than 5. For regular gear the grind would probably be much higher
  13. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I think most of us can agree on that. The main concern is how long it will take to get the 'best' gear via vendor (excluding elite gear). I now have 5 alts, and if it's anything like the silly scraps system we have now, it won't be much different.

Anyone know if the devs have confirmed anything in terms of how many coins we will need?
    • Like x 2
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well, if its close to like it was b4...im good with it...
    • Like x 1
  15. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

The one thing we can all agree on is that we want new things.

It seems that repetition and stagnancy are disliked by all.

What changes is always a matter of debate. Therefore some people will be against change others want, and yet want change of another kind. Sometimes you find someone who wants it to change so things stop changing, but that's change too.
  16. megamanzero Loyal Player

bad change honestly
  17. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

If its a freaking mystery what the community really wants then guess whose fault it is? (hint: not ours). How much presense do they have on these forums??? Zero. All they have to do is gather feedback from the players to see what would be best to work on. Ask for suggestions. Mepps gets forced to read all that crap and come up with a list of the top 10 "wants". Mepps make a poll and tells us the community to vote on whats a priority and what isnt. BOOM, theres your gameplan for the next little while. After things get prioritized the Devs could make a post and talk about the difficulty of trying to accomplish such tasks or how much they can handle in that dev cycle. When you are satisfied you have reached that goal then the whole process repeats.

To answer the question tho, my answer would be sexier, more revealing outfits for female toons. Im a supervillain, not a stay at home mom looking for attention.
    • Like x 1
  18. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Bug fixes, a better MP, and more story aren't things that should have to be asked for, js.
    • Like x 2
  19. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

I have to agree with tori on this one, idgaf, as long as its in the vendor and not left up to RnGesus its a damn fine start, details can be adjusted if need be. Imo, this should've to happen a long ******* time ago, maybe we'd still have some population left if it did... Doubtful but, maybe.

Now if they could see their way to fixing that pesky little replay issue as well, we'd be set.
    • Like x 2
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't think it'll be anything like scraps because the R&D gear system was just the devs throwing us a bone, whilst still believing that RNG progression was the way to go.

They didn't want us to gear up via R&D Gear system and they made that abundantly clear from the start. It was only ever designed to compliment the drops system. So that's why they made the time it took to build gear significantly higher. Because that would undermine their belief in progression via RNG.

I don't think it'll be anywhere near the length of time it takes to gear up via R&D, but I also think that considering every instance drops Coins, it'll be a little bit more time consuming to get the gear than the vendor gear now.

I also think that because they are heavily stacking the post-gearing up phase with things to earn (we know of 2 Omnipotent pieces, Avair in the stream hinted that he (a systems engineer) had been working on something cool which would also be achievable via the post-gearing collections system. The written post about progression indicates more rewards, too. We know that the collections system requires players to buy some collection pieces off the Vendor with Coins, too.

So I'm not expecting a lengthy grind but honestly don't care if it is. Anything to keep me interested for longer than a month, at best, is a major victory for the developers.
    • Like x 5