The broker player selling system and time capsules needs to go!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LighTning Emperor, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Harlequin Devoted Player

One question: Where did those TC items that you like to buy on the broker come from in the first place?
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Because they're leet...and their character is leet...and you have to see and acknowledge this.

That's why they stand in front of the exits of the police stations/safe houses.

So you can be awed and inspired by their leetness.

And some day...they may honor you with carrying them through content.
  3. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You're doing that thing again, where you pretend your opinions are facts, but don't back them up, and then talk down to people.

Which is why people still don't listen to what you have to say.

You should really work on this if you want to be taken seriously.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

In other words, you make alot of assumptions with limited information, then claim they are facts, and condescend to everyone, calling them names, implying they are stupid, all the while working from a place of limited to no information yoursefl.

Why should anybody listen to what you have to say after you admit this?
    • Like x 2
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

Kid stop. U provide one and I mean one price of information. U keep posting on my posts and only say nah uh. First its u got no facts then I provide facts and it's this.

Buddy u wanna toss up some information and talk about it fantastic. I welcome the conversations. This reparative nah uhhin without ever making any point or proving any information is trolling. When we have all servers full enough we could not have cross play then switch the entire profit plan then in short time (less then two years) suddenly need cross play its alarming

Here is the point u miss while trolling. Weither its %1 or 99% of players driven away by this business model does not matter even little bit. IT COMES DOWN TO NO ONE NEEDS TO BE SLIGHTED AT ALL, NOT ONE. ZERO PEOPLE. the items, replays booster bundles and yes time capsules shouldll be fun and add to the game. Its implemented wrong costing us players there is no excuse to lose.

U sir u have a good day
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Psst...they did a money reset after that money glitch. Problem was some people saw it coming and found ways to get around that reset. If there's even a hint of something like that coming again, those same tactics will be employed to circumvent that. In all honesty, the only thing that could possibly fix the economy issue right now is a larger population and/or just more people participating in it. F2P and Premiums can't really participate in the broker (premiums can...but to a severely limited extent)....if they could, there would be even more goods flooding the system which would bring prices down. Since that's not likely to happen, just getting more subscribers could help to some degree.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nobody's that naive to believe it's ok just because Daybreak can't seem to do anything about them. They just don't care because so far, players have not been met with any consequences for using those "services". Those Gold Sellers are an industry wide plague, and so far they've been damn near impossible to deal with...like cockroaches. I'm still waiting for the day when someone finds themselves with their identity stolen after trusting one of those sites.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Who says they can't catch up??? Who are they catching up to??? Why are they using other people as measuring sticks when it's been proven time and time again that these so-called advantages are small enough to ignore? Besides, even if you miss the SPs from the big items (materials and auras), you can still get a lot of the other ones from emblems and gear styles, not to mention that the game STILL provides the majority of skill points from feats in every episode. That hasn't gone away, so why are we pretending that TC sp are the only way to progress???
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well, for starters that chump change adds up...and eventually becomes enough to pay for your broker fees for the items you can sell on the broker. The thing is people don't really want to do any of the work needed to make the in-game millions that they can make. And it doesn't have to take the hours of time some people claim. They just want easy money without having to do anything extra. Thing is, that won't help them get those items they want. If more money floods the system, people hike up the prices, because they know the money is there.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You need to wear either 8 pieces of Vendor Gear or Time Capsule gear or a combination of both to equal the 8 points needed to get the feat to open up the chance to receive OP collection pieces. This time around the TC gear came a whole week AFTER the content had dropped, and there appeared to be a glitch where people who only had one or two pieces of vendor gear were receiving collection pieces. This is not the norm, but it happened.
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

I say they can't catch up. I have to grind day in, day out to stay on top of the time capsules and other grinding feats such as OP collections. If I took three months away and missed two TC rotations, I'm screwed.

You're muddying the benefits of incremental SP with the actual raw SP total, and it's not the point I am making. People want to be able to get the feats they have missed. I run one of the most active leagues on the EU server and I know a thing or two about what motivates people to return. It's not their might stat, it's the content and the feats.
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

You DO realize that the OP's intent was to remove the broker entirely from the picture, right? My argument was why do that? Why remove an alternative method of acquiring the items in the TC that does not involve real money? But just grinding and learning to play the broker?

I even mentioned in the post that you quoted that there were valid concerns about TC that has been brought up from the past, including the amount of money that people been have spending on it and yet not getting what they need, or the feats involved in it. I'm fairly sure you're aware of those concerns. But remove the broker? I say again, no. As for removing the Time capsules, that argument I could not care less for. Whether they stay or not is no of interest to me.

For myself, I get my TC items from keys that I have accumulated and I make sure that any items of worth that is duplicated I put in the broker to be able to purchase the items that i did NOT get myself. Only once did I actually used $60 worth of MC to purchase keys, and that was just to get another Wings of Sin. Which I decided was something I really wanted and I was rushing. I have no intention of doing that again since it left a sour taste in my mouth, even though I got what I needed.

So you're probably going to argue that there won't be anything in the broker to buy if other people stop spending money in TCs. Well, I say, then IF Keys for TC stop selling then the DEVS will eventually phase them out and I won't have anything to worry about purchasing in the broker. So whether the TC remains or is remove, It doesn't really matter to me.

But remove the broker? Nope!!
  13. inferno Loyal Player

I agree with this. It something I didn't understand at first. But there are players in the game that, I wouldn't classify as completionists, but the idea of falling behind really becomes a discouragement to their gameplay or return. I am not entirely sure what the answer is or where the balance lies, but I like the grind and it has kept me busy trying to get what I can. But it also makes it so easy to fall behind and fall behind fast.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

This is the thing right here that the community doesnt realize....you arnt...they arnt putting your family to ransom..you didnt sell your soul to the time capsules...i hope not but.....you chose to buy it under your own volition. That you cannot deny. The moment the community get this notion out of its brain the sooner they focus on make money other ways
    • Like x 1
  15. Surtur Well-Known Player

LOL, I wish....... I have had more than a few players tell me that they thought it was ok because they saw them advertising in chat. :eek: I'm like WHOA!!!! say what???? I then direct them to TOS.
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

---------------------------
    The Volition wrote:

This is the thing right here that the community doesnt realize....you arnt...they arnt putting your family to ransom..you didnt sell your soul to the time capsules...i hope not but.....you chose to buy it under your own volition. That you cannot deny. The moment the community get this notion out of its brain the sooner they focus on make money other ways
    ---------------------------

So what you're saying is, that for five years, a main part of the fun of the game for people was completing feats and getting as many skill points as possible.

Then, Mr I've-Got-Comics-Growing-Out-Of-My-Rectum comes along and introduces wave after wave of new feats in time capsules, and it's the player base that has to deal with it and no longer be motivated by getting as many feats as possible.

You think that thousands of players should change their interest in the game in response to the Comic God's new business model and pretend that they didn't spend hundreds of hours pursuing feats through gameplay means, accepting that scrubs and others will end up with more feats and more SP than them.

That people have free will in a metaphysical sense is completely true, I'll concede that. In the context of understanding the psychology of the DCUO player base, it's pseudointellectual poppycock.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Are they new players (meaning within the last two years or so)?? I have a hard time believing anyone who's been around long enough would think that it was ok just because it's on chat. I mean it's literal spam...that should be the first clue that it's not ok. Plus they are exposing themselves to possible fraud/identity theft by giving credit info to illegitimate businesses.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You might want to rethink who exactly you're calling a scrub. Some "scrub" will likely get the easy/cheap skillpoints from TCs mostly, and the very easy to get from actual content. The smarter/harder working player will STILL get the majority of his skillpoints from the content itself...and not just the easy ones. They can also work the broker to get enough of the easy/cheap TC SPs being deposited by the more-money-than-sense crowd (like the emblems and gear styles). If they're really "scrubs", they won't really work as hard to get to your level...so you need not worry about that kid of thing.
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Another post devoid of facts, full of opinion and veiled insults.

the only one acting like a "kid" here is you.

grow up.

You're not right just because you say you are.

You rarely, if ever, offer real evidence. Just nonsense we're supposed to believe because "I've run businesses before." or so you say.

but see, now that you had your last little post, admitting you DONT EVEN KNOW WHATS GOING ON because you don't play anymore, nobody can take you seriously, because you lack any credibility at this point.

This what happens when you pretend your BS is facts. Eventually everyone gets a whiff, and nobody is fooled.

If you don't like people pointing out your BS, then maybe you should stop shovelling so much of it into peoples faces and calling it facts.
    • Like x 1
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

-------------------------------
    KhalonOfOgun wrote:

You might want to rethink who exactly you're calling a scrub. Some "scrub" will likely get the easy/cheap skillpoints from TCs mostly, and the very easy to get from actual content. The smarter/harder working player will STILL get the majority of his skillpoints from the content itself...and not just the easy ones. They can also work the broker to get enough of the easy/cheap TC SPs being deposited by the more-money-than-sense crowd (like the emblems and gear styles). If they're really "scrubs", they won't really work as hard to get to your level...so you need not worry about that kid of thing.
    --------------------------------

I'm quite content with the terminology I use and how I use it.

We're not actually adding anything new to the discussion at this stage, in my opinion. I'm of the view that the feats in TCs are a deterrent to returning players and you disagree.

Although it is empirical evidence, I have plenty of it to support my view. I've lost so many players from my league as a result of the feats in TCs - a number opposed to them in principle and a number who regularly take breaks from the game and who haven't come back.

No amount of you and I debating their reasoning or sensibilities will bring players like that back. If I had their email addresses I'd be happy to point them in the direction of your comments on this thread for an alternative perspective on the opportunities for parity of character progression they feel they have missed.

And you're directing your latter comments at me directly. I'm still here. I have all the feats. I don't and won't buy stabilizers. Our discussion isn't about my own participation in the game and others "catching up" with my own SP.

Ten months ago I was on 286SP. The number two SP player in my league was on 283SP. She took a break in January. She hasn't come back. The opportunity for her to get to within 3 SP of me again has gone. This is why she won't be coming back. You either accept that this is going on and that this is how many players look at the situation with feats in TCs, or you don't. It's a forum for opinions, but on this particular point, I feel you and I have both fully stated ours.