The broker player selling system and time capsules needs to go!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LighTning Emperor, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Harlequin Devoted Player

Diablo 3 removed the RMAH several years ago because Blizzard finally realized it was cancer. They stated as much in the announcement thread.

The article in your link is over 2 years old, too. The only thing 9/10 of those games lets you do is turn real life cash into in-game currency via buying some sort of token you can sell in-game. Regarding Entropia, does it even still exist?
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I can't admit it's over because it isn't. People have been repeating that silly mantra from the beginning, why would I join the idiot brigade just to be as wrong as them???

With the list of REAL issues in this game, I highly doubt the broker is a significant cause in player retention problem. I doubt it would crack the top 10 for reasons why people have quit. Anyone quitting simply because of the broker...well, i'll just keep that thought to myself.

As for your money idea...you're not the first to suggest it, and just like the others, it'll go right in that pile of bad ideas that will never be implemented. You've seen the problem caused by the money glitch, and your solution is to pump MORE money into an already inflated system??? You don't fix the problem by making it worse.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

what I'm talking about is in game brokers where people start listing items and people start buying them for real money off other players with real money and those players then take that real money...

That sort of broker system in game is not prevalent across most MMO's at all.

Most gold trading/real world currency trading within MMO's is done illegitimately through third parties, not in game.

Your post implied that you could just rock up to a game and start buying stuff in game with real cash, that isn't the case at all.

using gold selling sites in almost all MMO's is a breach of their EULA's as is any other forms of real world currency trading.

and yea, perhaps find something a little more up to date.
    • Like x 1
  4. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

If the dcuo economy is really messed up, with people having billions due to a glitch and lots of money stored in gold sellers accounts then the devs need to reset the economy. I see this happening in two ways, 1) have a cash cap,like the MoV and MoL cap, say $50 million. or two, no cash cap but cash reset one time at max 50 million and let the economy resume. This should only effect the glitches and gold sellers, only a few percent. Let them earn it again. The braggers say how fast they make money....so a reset shouldn't hurt too much. Oh, but dcuo would never do that? Look at the real world! India voided 85% of their currency. I had three 500 rupee bills, from my last trip there, worth about $10 US and now they are just pieces of paper.
    • Like x 1
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

Now.............Letting people buy in game cash with real money is not a good idea at all. Like the gold spammers that DCUO lets run amok. Since DCUO really does not do anything about these gold spammers there are A LOT of players that think they are perfectly fine and buy cash from them thinking it is ok.
  6. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Fine i'll recant most of what I said from that post, I based it on an assumption cause I knew about the diablo III case but it doesn't appear to be prevalent whatsoever now.

I would almost go as far as to say dcuo turns a blind eye to all the real life money to mmo money trading in dcuo
    do me a favor Proxy add "bigbing" to your friends list and see how many times it logs in throughout the day and even better when time capsules are released and I can tell you that has been the same account logging for years in dcuo
  7. TestReporter Loyal Player

"Lemme defend the Time Capsules and blame the OP for wanting P2W with 1% chance to get something good things to go away, cuz i'm a DCUO patriot, hahahaha, the devs are gods, haha"
    I agree that this things are destroying the game economy, but i don't see the devs doing anything to fix this...Oh well, i'll just play the game like i played in the past, not gonna lose my time in this forums trying to fight agains't the dcuo patriots, when/if the server shutdowns i'll laugh, because i didn't spend my money on p2w things.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Cool, I'll add it and keep an eye out ;)
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Be thankful.

We could be using Bottle Caps for currency.
    • Like x 1
  10. Atomis Maximus Level 30

What op item is in time capsules lol?
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

===========
    MastaMind wrote:

I am really confused about the whole middle part of your post. You are complaining about Time Capsules and yet you have all of the materials? Even sounds like you have duplicates on other characters. Doesn't exactly help you argument. Either you are saying that you dumped a ton of cash into them, and as a result you regret it so you think that removing feats would make it easier to obtain. Or you are saying that they are completely obtainable without dumping a bunch of cash in (They are, trust me ;) ) which again takes away from your argument entirely. It would prove my point. That most people are only concerned about themselves, throwing a bunch of false facts around, and they just want to drag down the people who do support the game.
    ========

MastaMind, you make a lot of assumptions and draw a number of incorrect conclusions about the experiences and motivations of others.

I have all time capsule feats.

I have never bought a single stabilizer.

This is because I spend 35 hours per week on the game and generate a lot of in game cash.

Not that many people have the time to do this and don't want to have to either be this dedicated, or buy stabilizers to get feats. Feats were traditionally something you earned in actual gameplay. Five years in, a new CEO came in and completely rewrote the equation. People want to have the option to dip in and out of the game and to come back to it and be able to catch up through gameplay, and now they can't.

That's my point.
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

why else would people want more in-game money atm, for those extremely high priced collections and/or aura's that go for 100+ million.

Sorry but the 1-5 chump change you get for 1-5 adds is a drop in a well compared to items you need nowadays for feats, not 10 point feats either, 50 point feats per 100+ mill.
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

Correct me if I am wrong but prior to ever getting an OP collection u first must equip TC gear. I am pretty certain that's how it still goes. It could of changed I don't follow closely and very rarely log on.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This episode, vendor gear was out before TC gear. Also TC gear no longer gives 2 points per piece.
    • Like x 1
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

TL;CR (too long; couldn't read)

I like paragraph breaks.

Other than that, your spelling and syntax are without question some of the best I have seen on the forums.

10/10.
  16. inferno Loyal Player

No way!! The broker is the best resource for me of getting pieces and collections that I did not get in opening TCs. If you don't know how to play the broker so that you are able to make money and spend it for what you need, that is entirely your fault. Making money on this game is easy. Heck, playing the broker is just another fun aspect of this game.
    • Like x 1
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

To sum its fun.
    To me its log in run content then some more and finish up beating down content.

I am no pretend big timer if I wanna day trade wall streets available.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate plenty of players like it and that's cool. Whatever keeps u happy. Its an action combat game so u also gotta respect some are just here to combat. No way either of us should be left
  18. inferno Loyal Player

@lukelucky - of course some players don't want to do the broker and just want to do combat. Never said you couldn't. The items in the TC exists in the game. If the DEVS made those items ONLY untradeable through the broker and ONLY by opening Capsules then all anybody has is to purchase the keys. Why would you want that? At least in the broker there's a way to get it without having to spend any real money.

Other people's arguments about removing feats from TCs or they are just the Devs way of getting more cash makes more sense to me than completely removing the broker.

Wanna just do combat? That's fine. Wanna get the items from TCs only by getting keys? Fine, do that for yourself if you want. But i would rather have the other option of getting things through the broker when possible.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

There are a lot of things that was suppose to/will kill this game supposedly. The Broker will not be it.I spent 5 years of playing this game out of the 6 barely using the broker. This past year with TCs brought me to using the system. You can make money, just gotta know the demand to supply it.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Because the DEVs won't step in and put a cap on the prices so they can buy the uber-item for only a dollar

The argument that new players will join and see something that is no longer available, that BS keeps being brought up (usually in relation to Aura or the "Back From The Hack" feat and hoodie), and guess what? TOUGH NOOGIES!! That's life, why should someone who came along later get something for free that someone who was around at the time had to earn, it's like expecting to be just handed a PSOne because you weren't old enough (or even born) when it was released, or a rare car because they stopped producing it decades ago

A prime example of that thinking was someone saying how they expected to go to a real life store a week after a sale and demand the same discounts because they only just now found the flier. They honestly couldn't see how wrong that was: why should they pay full price for an item that was still on the shelves that was reduced to only 10% the previous week
    • Like x 1