The broker player selling system and time capsules needs to go!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LighTning Emperor, Oct 21, 2017.

1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

It's official, I'm done with this crap. Why did devs think that this was a good idea for people who would like to pay for something that aren't lucky enough to get it out of a cash grab time capsule? Especially since the broker prices fluctuates weekly. This is a terrible idea! There are people selling material collections for 100 million plus yet the actual material itself would be only 10-30 million more. And for what? A Feat? I'll be damned! But let's say you are a new player and saw someone with cosmic, void or phoenix material and wanted it. Well too bad because one (cosmic material) was a limited time offer from booster bundle and the others only drop from time capsules! Then the time capsules are a 100% game of chance. And then they have the nerve to offer you these promotions on buying stabilizers with irl money. I swear to God bro! What MMO makes you spend more than 20$ on a game of chance and no reward in return? Usually they will give you a rare item that boost stats greatly or something of incredible value for you spending your hard earned money. Dcuo on the other hand don't even try. It's pathetic really. I had a league mate actually admit to me that they spent well over $300 USD just to get all the materials because it would never drop for them. 300 freaking dollars! I'm disgusted. You call this a MMORPG with rewarding benefits? Don't make me laugh! And it's bad enough that you can only make money if SOMEONE else decided to buy what you posted to sell! What Happened to the mmo's where you could make your OWN money from killing multiple bosses or running certain missions? Nope not in this game. Yet they steal every other idea from the other ones. This artifacts thing is like NEVERWINTER 2.0 nice job devs(Sarcasm)

I'm not going to bother making another thread about this because I might be throwing in the towel soon if there aren't any fixes to this.
    • Like x 12
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And exactly who are you for them to bow to your rude demands??? You're not their boss. The broker is going nowhere...same with Time Capsules now. All you're going to accomplish with this post is a possible forum vacation. The only power you have here is with your wallet.
    • Like x 9
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The materials and aura give ZERO boost to your character, so someone willing to spend $300 on a cosmetic has issues. Just you because you don't get the useless crap you are hoping doesn't mean you get 'no reward in return'
    There is NOTHING stopping you from making "your OWN money from killing multiple bosses or running certain mission"

So, because of something you don't like, that is only an issue to you because you have made it one, you are going to ragequit... no, not ragequit, whinequit
    • Like x 7
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

[IMG]

lol i get your frustration over the Broker but its Player ran and sadly some old money glitches in the past screwed things up a bit but the Devs probably wont do anything since nobody wants "Big Brother" messing with their money. There will always be overpriced items and there will be players who can afford it.
    • Like x 4
  5. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

This is going to kill the game eventually. Especially with new players who see things they want but can't get them because it's either to late because of limited time offers, stabilizers or TOO MUCH money. This is not good for any MMO.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Uh...maybe your great and furious anger has clouded your ability to see...but you CAN indeed generate money in this game without the use of the broker. For starters, adds in the open world give up money. There's money in the vault. You also get money per boss in instances. You can also take the plans that you receive in content as well as the occasional junk items (which you can get from salvaging also) and sell them to vendors. Depending on the tier, they fetch a pretty decent price. Now if you're referring to multi-millions (you never specified in your angry wall of text), that's a completely different story. As Trex pointed out, the old money glitch has done long lasting damage to the broker economy...what's done is done.
    • Like x 5
  7. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

It should be an auction where the seller places the minimum and maximum prices and pays 10% of the minimum as a fee.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Not happening.

You know the reasons why.
    • Like x 3
  9. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

and my point for making this thread is to fix this issue by removing certain things and adding new ones. I think people would play content more if they knew a boss or open world bounty dropped 10-40millon based off the difficulty of the enemy you defeated. It's a function needed to keep any good MMO afloat. This game is dying and I see it everywhere, especially in the HOD. I give this game 3 more years before no one will find a group for queues. It's over, just admit it.
  10. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Yep, that's why there are plenty more people on their way out of the door. DC devs are killing their own game.
    • Like x 4
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You answered your own question about why the collection item was priced more than the actually aura: people want the feat. Wait, were you in the game a few hours ago? Because told someone in the Hall of Dolphins that exact same thing when they whined about the broker prices o_O

Please, tell me (and anyone stupid enough to still be reading this thread) what bonus the auras and materials give?

Why are you getting so mad about someone elses spending habits? Did your league mate owe you childsupport or something?
    • Like x 5
  12. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Its obviously for my own frustrations or else I wouldn't even bother. But wait! I'm not the only one who thinks this. A popular dcuo player also agrees so.... RIP.

• Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Do you have any evidence to suggest this is true? Or is this your typical"The Game is dying for me, so I speak for everyone else's opinion"clique?

Go ahead and answer my question.. I'll wait. Oh right, you don't know how many players are leaving; Only the developers do.

Time Capsules have been in the game for over a year now; whether you like it or not they are here to stay because there's clearly a market of people in this game that will buy them.

How many people are buying capsules exactly now? I don't know. But some forum posters on here have admitted to paying 100 dollars worth of stabilizers. So they aren't going to fix what's working for them.
    • Like x 6
  14. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Are you a hero? Because as a Villain finding a queue for missions now is almost non existent that's why. You trying to be smart huh? Not working and this game is dying. You don't have to swallow the pill but it's going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Gambling requires the risk of loss with no reward. Every time capsule you open gives you something. Maybe not what you want, but it gives you something. You are getting something for your money, not nothing.

there are plenty of ways to make money, from farming rare pieces of gear and styles, to completing content. Those are just two.

Your thing isn't a thing. It's just you complaining that you can't have something without spending money either in game or in the real world.

welcome to life. You make choices. You live with the consequences.
    • Like x 4
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

Are you angry because you want these things and refuse to work for them?
    • Like x 6
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

To the OP great post and I am with u one hundred percent

The sad truth is Dcuo made a decision to try and force profits by making life miserable. Odd because richly rewarding enjoyable experiences generally gets the wallets open. Extortion works if u got something we need but as u can see by a sadly low populous people don't need Dcuo.

As opposed to being extorted people leave which as a result forces Dcuo to then put the screws to us even more. There is a reason Dcuo has a huge following yet a low player base
    • Like x 2
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've played on both sides, I can make false assumptions too. The only time Villain side had robust que times was 2013, and in late 2015 it got slow. The fact is if you want to play on the villains side, you need to find yourself a league.

"DCUO is dying"Clique.
    Heard that one many times, If the game's dying then time capsules wouldn't be going. If Time Capsules weren't working, they wouldn't keep producing them.

If the game was dying, this thread and the forums wouldn't even exist for that matter am I right?

It's the same thing with every-post. You guys assume many players are leaving, then you go posting "Oh DCUO is dying" and you're sitting here honestly expecting the developers to respond or take action to something like that, especially when you have no evidence to support such claims?

Yeah.. Good luck with that.
    • Like x 3
  19. Surtur Well-Known Player

How is DCUO putting the screws to people via the broker which is controlled by the players?
    • Like x 2
  20. MastaMind Dedicated Player

It really is the fault of the community. Not the developers or the system. Before the revamp (and thus "stats mattering") the common price of a material was around 30 million, and 70 million would have been the insanely high price. After the revamp hit the prices of everything went up probably because of feats being tied to certain items. That is the only thing that I can think of that forced the prices up. I mean if anything the items should be more common because opening a Time Capsule now guarantees you one of the big ticket items. Whereas before you could get "Provisions capsules" and a ton of other useless stuff. Now at the very least you are going to get an item that has cash value, and not only that you can take qwarks or whatever they're called for progress at the other new "shiny shine-ies".

The reason that things are stupid expensive are because there are people out there who are smart enough to not want to immediately collect the big ticket items that they have. They sell them. All it takes is to farm up enough cash. Buy up every other one on the broker. And now you can set the price at whatever you want it to be. I have seen guys posting in trade that are trying to sell 4 cosmics, 7 voids, and 1.5 billion in DC cash for 65 cents per million. They are constantly posting the big stupid expensive items. You know why? Because the only way to beat them is to not buy it. You cannot undercut them because they will just buy your cheap item and profit from it. Considering that most people would collect the stuff themselves this is why they have been able to corner the market like this. Sadly because everyone so badly wants these items there is no way it will be changing anytime soon. You take away the value to the players and you take away the value to the people who have shot the price up.

One big flaw with most peoples "tactic" that I have noticed is that they run the daily stabilizer mission, but whenever they get that free stabilizer they get nothing good. I always have this subliminal feeling that the game knows how many you open, and that you have to hit a certain number in order to get something good. So what I do is a system that has delivered me every single item with a feat tied to it since the Team-Up Time Capsule was released. On day one the capsules themselves will sell for an insane amount of cash. It was 100k each but with this latest one I got 500-700k all day long. All it took was to get on my alt. Kill an ad. Put capsule in my shared bank. Switch character. Repeat. In the time that it took for me to run the cycle they kept going all day. Then I went and sold the capsules. Millions made. Even when they were 100k each that was still solid profit.

Even when the capsules are not new all it takes is to spot pricey items and buy them up. Remember that "Trick Or Treat Bag" gift?Thanks to pure luck I decided that after the world came back up I would run my friends account first. I just so happened to wonder if he had collected the free marked bills that proceeded this gift. He had indeed claimed that but there I saw the Trick Or Treat Bag. I collected the items and got the feat. Then I posted in LFG and Trade chat letting people know the gift was there, but I just kept it to "Check your redeem/claim for a free gift". As usual I saw people who immediately always try to sell those gifts for profit. So needless to say I bought up every single one that hit the broker that morning. Turned around and sold them all back for 10 times what I paid in them. I know people who don't collect OP collections or any new collections at first. Take the collection you get for killing the daily boss in the Amusement Mile area. Those were going for 15 million and up on release day. I ran that mission on every single alt in my signature (and a few who are not in there) aside from the last one as it did not exist at the time. Just off those collections was your material. Same thing happened with the "Things Left Behind" collection or almost any new seasonal collection. People will pay insane prices for them on day one. Take advantage of it!

If you play the game right you can get everything new within the first few days. Then the key is to not get greedy. A ton of players are going to keep opening capsules hoping for those big ticket items. I just run the daily mission and sit on the stabilizers. I am currently sitting on 11 completely free stabilizers. By the time the next one comes who knows how many I will have.

Literally with what I wrote above. I gave you the key to the door. You can open it, come inside and party with me, or you can stand outside and yell at the door about how you don't like it.
    • Like x 2