The best tip for controller speccing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Maxwill, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Maxwill Committed Player

Mod in full power,put all your sp in power, and then vitalization, put power mods on your gear.
    You thought that vitalization is main stat for controller and that's where you should focus? Well think again , vitalization doesn't matter, power matters more than vita so you can recharge more times.I've proven it on my youtube video( which I cannot post here because I might violate the forums guideline)

Unless they improve the effect of vitalization on a controller's power out.

This is where dcuo has ended up...enjoy...
    • Like x 2
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

If you spec Hybrid, you can refill your powerbar almost full by doing one pulsebeam
    I have zero stat points in power and have been keeping groups powered just fine.
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

That's math for you. 2x Y amount of Power > 1x Y amount of Power + 30%

It depends on the playstyle really. If you constantly want to debuff and give power, it's better to spec into Power stats. Go with what you like but if 7 people would like to run with one troller you're better off speccing more power. If you don't want to, then make groups and search for another troll so you can run with two.

Btw check out this vid https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...pec-guide-for-controlling-post-revamp.289616/

Using a full Pulsebeam in between power dumps will give you a good deal of power back, yes, but you'll likely have issues solo trolling with powers that use PFTT and use a Pet as well. Please take note that I'm generalizing a bit here and that I do not want to judge your capabilites as a controller. Having a good group that cycles supplies, using Sidekick and colas will make up for not having enough stats in power or anything similar for that matter.

E.g. Gadgets using Turret and cycling between EMP and stealthed PDart. Damage is really good but the power strain is somewhat high. Same goes for Sorcery and Earth. If your controller is good and your group knows how to cycle Supply Drops you can easily go with more than one 300 power attack. It isn't mandatory but why not?

Before someone says that DPS should adjust to having one controller or two: Yes probably. But that goes both ways. Controllers could adjust by having a Vid and Power armory. People can't force you to play the way they want - but neither can you.
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Forgot to mention it. Speccing power means speccing might. And wasn't one of the controller bases complaints that they are too much of a battery? Speccing in Might helps you to do higher damage while also giving constantly power by clipping your harmful attacks with your power dump.

You could also try to go up to 10o SP in might to get the 10% buff in power and might and then go for vit if that is something for you.
  5. Backblock Well-Known Player

already knew this but let people mod the way they want to mod.
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Agreed both sides need to adapt. I should note Im HL and with Superpower spec I was having power issues.

I figured out that SF clipping was adequate for the traditional debufs alone simply because I would go something like SF Clip Lightblast combo Mini Guns clip recharge and on non power heavy groups it was easybto keep most with plenty of juice and myself too.

For more power heavy groups you could do similar (much more SF clip recharge) and Id keep plenty of power myself and keep grouo pretty good. But if I needed a quick burst of power myself just a pulsbeam for like 4 seconds and I was good to go.

Not sureurr about non combo powers like Q, Mental. Etc... But for HL this has been the best way I could keep power up for both the team and myself.
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

If you have been doing that, you must have been playing with low, very relaxed dpses.
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

I've seen the video btw...And those trollers that complained about being too much of a battery should have gotten used to it since 2011...But no they kept complaining and complaing for 6 years...I have nothing nice to say to those people.

Guys both of you don't get the point ! about 4k , 4 thousand vitalization more and the power out from pot was about 26 more ! ONLY 26 MORE !!!! While it could have been triple and should be triple , should be about 30 vitalization = 1 pot more and 2 recharge more.
    Oh and with 4k vita more my recharge was increased by 54... 54 for so much high vitalization ! THAT'S ABSURD, CRAZY, annoying and ridiculous ! They told us stats would matter and every little stats you would get would increase your performance a bit...Did they deliver? Did they implement what they said???No , they didn't !
    Obviously they need to change their forumula : Power healing = base power healing multiplier + 50 of vitalization... Should be at least 100% of vitalization, lower the base powerhealing multiplier if they have to.
    • Like x 1
  9. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

my troll has no power troubles. hybrid, wm, good to go.
  10. Maxwill Committed Player

Ahaha, your running with low dpses then :)
  11. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

power dump. WM. debuffs. plenty of SP. power is not a thing. but, there are still heals and DPS that spam things that don't need spamming. that eats up power.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Why do you keep saying four thousand? The Vit numbers you posted in your video were 6,794 with a PoT between 390 and 420, and 6,390 Vit with PoT ranging between 362 and 395, which means the PoT difference was between 25 and 28. That's a difference of four hundred Vit, not four thousand.
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah 400 not 4 thousand, sorry, but still , about 400 vita means about 25 power out more from pot which is hilarious, must be a bug ...
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

I agree with the fact that some players dpses and healers and tanks ,even trollers spam things that don't need spamming, for example the wrong dps powers or healers spamming wrong powers when not needed ,same for tanks.But there is alot of necessary spamming going on when dpses are trying to maximize damage out and when healers want to heal people up asap ...
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

What's your toon name?
  16. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Just go dps, roleless buff >troll pot.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Im super power focused and modded vit/power and i have 0 issues. Cause i run with people who know how to manage their power ;)
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

Okay, even if so, that's not the issue man, the point is that vitalization doesn't matter as much as it should, as much as it could, as much as must matter for a controller, so much vitalization more and so small difference is nonsense !
    I feel like my stats have been nerfed big time ! When stats are supposed to matter...