The Batman - The Bat and The Cat Trailer

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

That's a wild tangent off what I'm talking about. What you're describing is the hiring process of the IP holder. If WB hires someone who has read the IP, then I trust that individual as a creative talent to make the right choices. A great example of what you're talking about is Star Trek Nemesis. They hired Stuart Baird to direct. He was hot off Band of Brothers, and had a lot of buzz. When people complained that Baird claimed never to have seen an episode of Star Trek the issue, the studio chiefs said they wanted a "fresh take". As we all know that turned out to be a disaster and almost killed the franchise. When you hire the talent to make the creative choices, they need to make sure it's someone who understands the IP. Dune is another example. Denis Villeneuve (props to a fellow Canadian) was a huge fan of the book. David Lynch had never read it. While one can make arguments of the merits of both, there is no arguing that Villeneuve's version is closer to the book.
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I wonder if film directors will shift over to Unreal 5.