The Batman - The Bat and The Cat Trailer

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Dec 27, 2021.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

I don't know why but this is the first DC movie I am not excited about, and might end up not watching in the cinema. I just feel like there is too much focus on Batman, and I want other characters to shine. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I liked it. Looking forward to the second of the trilogy?
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I went in with low expectations. I'm not the biggest Batman fan. I absolutely hate the casting. I'm also not a big Pattinson fan.
    As such I enjoyed myself. I would put this as the best DC movie released in years just shy of the Joker.

I would be more than willing to use this movie as a starting point for an all new, all different dceu.

As an aside Diabolical is exactly that. Very much worth the watch...if you like wildly out of control super heroes behaving like evil jerks.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

The cool thing here is that - based off of the cats in the film that were in her home - Zoe Kravitz seems like a NATURAL around cats lol.

I remember one scene from the movie where one - looked like a gray / striped tabby - was actually head-butting her in the back.

You can't make a cat like you so this was genuine affection.

Zoe Kravitz nailed this character, Cat Woman - and while I do like Batman I'm not an avid fan of the franchise BUT enjoyed this movie.
  6. Controller Devoted Player

Jeffery Wright and Rob Pattinson had AWESOME chemistry in the movie....so much so that he'd get a pass from me if he goes forward as "The" Commissioner Gordon in the DC CU...and I LOVED the original one from Zach Snyder's Justice League

[IMG]

If you're going to change characters in any way you'd better bring in good actors to do it and Jeffery Wright IS good.

Heck, have BOTH of them in Zach Snyder's universe lol...I'd be cool with that too.
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  8. Samuelhanzo New Player

The Cat and The Bat Make it Happen !!!!
    [IMG]
  9. Controller Devoted Player

I still don't want to give many spoilers but this movie was GRITTY - almost in a Flashpoint kind of way.......

Riddler has come a LOOOONNNGG way from the Riddler "I" remember

[IMG]

At the start of the movie I thought the mask guy was going to use some serums and become BANE......

And for the AMOUNT OF DESTRUCTION that Riddler caused in this movie??

SIMPLY.

EPIC.

City-wide mayhem, plain and simple.

The actor was AWESOME for Riddler. Nailed it.

I would not be surprised if - in a scenario where BOTH Batfleck and RobBat are on the same screen in the future Rob Bat turns out to be Flashpoint Batman

[IMG]

For those more versed in Batman - could this be possible? I'd be hard pressed to believe that Rob Pattinson couldn't pull this off.......

The "future" in this movie was SO DARK.....darker than perhaps ANY Batman movie I've seen.

But yet the heroes persevered.....Cat saved Bats bacon a few times, too.

If you haven't seen it yet - go do so.
  10. Controller Devoted Player

One of the reasons for my "Flashpoint Batman" reference was the Red background I'm seeing on many of the movie posters.

[IMG]
  11. Controller Devoted Player

Still cannot believe that Colin Farrell was PENGUIN lol.

WHAT A TRANSFORMATION. And the acting was on point, too.

PLEASE keep "This Universe" as well as Zach Snyder's......let Rob / Zoe's Batman Universe be a Flashpoint one. IMO it would qualify as a VERY DARK one.
  12. Eve YouTuber

Retracting my statement. I admit I was wrong. This movie was everything I wanted and MORE

I watched it awhile ago but still remember mostly everything about it - and most importantly, casting was perfect. Maybe I should do it everytime I go watch a DC movie and then be so happy about the product when I finish watching it! :p
    • Like x 1
  13. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It's funny, when Pattinson was announced there was a hew and cry about the "twilighting" of Batman I hadn't seen Tenet yet, and I don't recall having seen Pattinson in anything else. People seemed to be mixing it up the role, and the actor, which to me is the sign of a good actor. I reminded people of the anguish when Michael Keaton was announced, and the cheers that went up when George Clooney was announced. So fans are not the best judges of who makes a good Batman
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

Nah, I didn't think that he won't be good. I guess I just feel like we have so much Batman that I want more characters to shine. Mostly the Hawks lol
  16. Scotty Well-Known Player

Then who is? Do tell:)
  17. Controller Devoted Player

I don't even think it's so much "who" portrays Batman but how WELL WRITTEN the script is...

It DOES help when the "Well Written Script" and the Actor mesh.

Build on that well-written script and good Batman actor that meshes with SUPPORTING actors / actresses - like Zoe Kravitz, Colin Farell (LOOL still can't believe this dude played and NAILED Penguin.....).

Zoe Kravitz....AWESOME Cat Woman. I hope she gets an updated uniform in the next movie. Loved her interaction with her stray cats....looked NATURAL and for a Cat Dude like me those Little Things matter....the cats ACTUALLY seemed to LIKE her, head-butting her at one point in the movie.

Jeffery Wright was a solid Commissioner Gordon - and was one of the few incorruptible characters in the movie.

Even BATS went off the rails a few times...giving a few foes a beat-down that toed the line a couple of times.

I'm sitting there trying to guess where Mr. Farrell was in the movie and the dude was playing the Clown Prince of Hood-Dom right beneath my nose.....

What I didn't want was a cartoonish looking Penguin and this movie delivered.

Loved John Tuturro as well.

Throw in CITY-WIDE MAYHEM by the villain, well-played by The Riddler. This actor nailed it, too.

I'm not even a die-hard Batman fan and this movie was good, to me.

I'm hoping to see Rob, Zoe and the crew in a Flashpoint-setting going forward. This universe CERTAINLY qualifies as DARK. Don't know if this is possible canon-wise but I'd love to see he and Batfleck team up.

I wouldn't want to see these two in a dark alley if I was a villain.
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The person telling the story.
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

One of the biggest flaws of this era of big budget blockbusters is film making by committee. WB suffers from this a bit more than Marvel, however Marvel is notorious for having a list of guidelines that directors must follow. Green Lantern is the worst case scenario for this, where things were just plugged in willy nilly. The best case scenario is the Nolan Batman movies, where he was given approval for a story, and then they left him on his own. Other franchises suffer from this as well, Solo was handed to Ron Howard when the original directors were making a movie that didn't fit in with what Disney wanted. Was it a better movie? We'll never know.
  20. Scotty Well-Known Player

So someone who has no real idea of how an established character was originally intended cause he/she never read any of said character's books automatically knows how a character should be portrayed??

If I had no idea how Harry Potter should be best portrayed and I wrote about him my way because this is how i think he should be done.? Nope. Does not fly. Harry Potter fans would be very upset.

If someone wants to do a movie about Batman give the job to someone who knows Batman to make sure it gets done right. The person telling the story about an existing character isn't necessarily the best choice for what makes a good character either.