The answer is "Yes"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Menelaos, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Welcome to the family Xb1

Now that you are here, yes you should get membership so you can experience the true game and not just the preview. Too many ppl have left the game after believing that the F2P is a true representation of the game.

So, do yourself a favor and get membership now. You can thank me later.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 5
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

You should also make sure to like me.
    • Like x 4
  3. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Well that goes without saying.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

<3 !!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Brit Lantern Active Player

:( I cant afford membership so will have to get it some other way.
  6. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Not much you can do about that, but then may I suggest getting something at some point that is worth $5?
    This will give you premium.

Not only will it decrease the time waiting in que to get in, but it allows you to have a bit more cash on hand than if you are F2P

Regards,
    M
  7. Brit Lantern Active Player

I have managed to secure myself 3 months of membership via a PR person over at Daybreak.

My browser crashed when I tried to redeem the code so I am unsure as to whether or not it did actually redeem.
  8. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Lucky for you everyone on staff appears to be on today for the launch so you might be able to get a quick response to the issue.

I suggest the following:

1. Send @dcuo a tweet about it and hope they can help you there
    2. Learn the ticketing process for issues, not my favorite, quite long, but in the end the most effective
    3. There is a section on the forums in which you can post issues, I've personally never had luck with that, but its there
    4. Start a thread here and ask the community for feedback, someone here might have experienced it and might be able to help

Good luck!

Regards,
    M
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Kind of blows you need to pay for Gold AND DCUO membership though. :/
  10. Brit Lantern Active Player

Hopefully the code would've redeemed but until the game is downloaded I have no way of knowing.

It's unlikely Daybreak would send me a code that had been used previously.
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

Shh! I'm only Silver and I've been playing for hours.
  12. Brit Lantern Active Player

Do you have someone with Gold on your console cus if so, that's why :)
  13. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Heres another suggestion:
    Wait till you get past the normal open world game missions and get to level 30, then buy membership.
    Buying it now would be a waste.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mangy780 Well-Known Player

15. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

A thousand times this! Explore different roles, movement types and powers. Make a few alts (you will use them as bank space if you don't like their powers).

No need to race to end game on day 1.

Oh, and when you get to choose, be a villain!
  16. RGoliath Well-Known Player

Yes... Wait to get membership...

Because I have 16 character slots and have filled 15 of them with unique names
    • Like x 1
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Actually, no, don't get a membership until you know you will continue playing past level 30.

Well more like play past Tier 2, that's when the pay area really sets in.

But in no way feel pressured to get a membership, Premium is not a bad route to go, even though they keep chipping away at it.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheBlueBlurr New Player

That **** who the hell is gonna pay for gold and dcuo membership that just poop!
  19. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

Yeah, folks are also buying that Ultimate Bundle. To each his own, i guess. I'll stick with Legendary status.
  20. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

Granted, if you're not Lv30, you're fine for now. But if you'll be playing the game a lot, you'd definitely benefit from being Legendary.
    • Like x 1