The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank You, I think i was reading that it was not going to continue from season 2, but have new characters:(
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Its fan made but enjoyable
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

cmon hero academia s3!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Another quick review, this time it's Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody.

Right off the bat, I can't say it's a great show. It has some moments and a couple of interesting ideas they play with in world building and the whole "sent to another world" premise, but the pacing can be a bit slow and they probably could have done without the last couple of episodes (seem tacked on especially when the 10th episode or so felt like a good stopping point). Also, the harem aspect can seem a little forced and maybe on the creepy side seeing as how more than a few are his slaves. While he doesn't treat them badly or take advantage of the master/slave relationships, there is the glaring fact that he doesn't seem terribly bothered by the whole concept of them being his slaves.

It's not nearly as bad or irritatingly frustrating as In Another World with my Smartphone, so there is that. Me being a long time MMO player may have helped me get more into the show (main character is a programmer for online games before he ends up in the parallel world) and some of the things they explored, so there is that to keep in mind. As I said, I did like the bits of world building they threw in as well as some potential story points as to how he ended up there, but it can be something of a slog to get to. At best it's an okay show here and there, but far from perfect, and other than one little world building moment you won't really miss much if you skip the last couple of episodes.

Oh, as a little bonus, if by chance anyone watched the Seven Mortal Sins show and was interested in the Seven Heavenly Virtues follow-up show, don't bother. Virtues is a short format (5 minute episodes tops) and it just kind of flops on both the comedy and fan-service attempts. I'd like to complain that I want the time I spent watching it back, but I watched it of my own free will so I really don't have a leg to stand on with that complaint. LOL
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Watched the first episode of season 3 of Tokyo Ghoul, it was good but bummed that it is not picking up from last episode of season 2. Looking forward to watching first episode of season 3 of My Hero Academy
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

When did Superman change his hair? Would enjoy seeing that style in game (better than the super long-john's :p)
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I just started watching an old anime,"Monster". It looks like it is going to be a good one. Watched the 1st episode season 3 of My Hero Academy
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Huh, seems as though they did a bit of a ret-con on the new High School DxD season. The first episode (labeled episode 0) picks up at last season's episode with Asia being rescued from Diodora and follows along with things, including Asia being teleported away and Issei going nuts.

From there it changes from the episodes in Born. The method they used to calm down Issei is different from the Born series, and it skips over/ignores the episodes with Rias dealing with Loki's curse and all that. The episode ends with Issei and Asia running the three-legged race at the sports festival.

It's not a bad change or anything, but I do find myself a little disappointed. I thought those episodes in Born were interesting and helped develop and deepen the relationship between Issei and Rias. On top of that I liked the design they came up with for Rias in the Red Dragon armor (and no, not because of the amount of skin shown LOL).
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

It looks like Tokyo Ghoul is starting to pick up and I am looking forward to season 3.
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So in GUNDAM news from Japan, Sunrise announced a new project Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative aka Kidō Senshi Gundam NT. The anime will be set in U.C. 0097 of the Universal Century and has a tagline, "The next destination of the newtype legend"

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

There is also more GUNDAM news :eek: that was unveiled (more like leaked :p) in addition to the Gundam NT anime. Two, that's right, two additional anime projects set within the universal century are in the works.

First, set within the UC 0103, the long awaited Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash aka Kidō Senshi Gundam: Senkō no Hathaway that is planned as a film trilogy to be released fall of 2019

[IMG]

Second, also set within UC 0104, Mobile Suit Gundam UC2 aka Kidō Senshi Gundam UC2 is planned to be released in 2022
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Let's hear it for passionate anime fans. o_O

Apparently after one of the recent episodes of Darling in the FRANKXX, one of the main characters has gotten a nickname due to her actions in the episode, along with some memes.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...rankxx-episode-inspires-angry-hashtag/.130508

[IMG]

It's gone a little further than that, though. Seems as though there's also some serious harassment taking place via Twitter, aimed at a former A-1 Pictures producer who promoted the show on social media and the writer.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...t-over-darling-in-the-frankxx-episode/.130524
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And Funimation announced the Ai Tenchi Muyo dub cast today.

Happy camper. :D Some new voices coming in for older characters (should be interesting to hear Cherami Leigh's take on Ayeka), but Matt K. Miller, Petra Burchard and Sherry Lynn are coming back for Tenchi, Ryoko and Sasami, respectively.

I think I'm happiest about Petra Burchard returning for Ryoko. The actress they cast for Ryoko in the Ryo Ohki and GXP series did a decent job but she didn't quite measure up to Petra Burchard's performances in the original, Tenchi Universe and the movies.

That being said, there's still a part of me that will always wonder which directions a company like Funimation would go if they were able to recast and re-dub all the various Tenchi series with consistent voice actors across all the shows. I've always had a soft spot for the Tenchi shows, but the changing voice actors over the various series would always stand out and bug me a little. Plus there's a part of me that would love to see what they would do and who would get what part.

And that last paragraph is all the proof anyone might need to show how much of a voice actor geek I am. LOL
    • Like x 1