The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ThatWriterGuy Active Player

Just wondering, have you seen Re:CREATORS yet? I think it's one of the best anime of the Summer 2017 season.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nope, I didn't. Amazon's model of "pay for Prime and then pay EXTRA to watch Anime Strike stuff" was a little irritating to me and there just haven't been enough exclusive shows to get me to overcome that. But I've griped about that before in here. LOL

One more I forgot about from this season, though, and that's Konohana Kitan.

What can I say? I prefer my anime to be a little more low key these days. :D
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Funny you mentioned RECOVERY OF AN MMO JUNKIE. I'm watching it and I'm enjoying the premise because it's funny how older gamers can relate :D
    • Like x 2
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Just a shot in the dark but has anyone seen Code Geass?
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That looks like it might be fun, that face she made at the :49 mark though... o_O :D
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If I was more sensitive about my age I might at least raise an eyebrow on the "older gamers" comment. :p

That is part of the appeal of the show for me, though; it's definitely ringing a few familiar gaming bells for me and they are getting the little details right. But overall it's been a nice little endearing story so far as well, so hopefully they can keep that going strong as the season progresses.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I watched it back when it was airing on Adult Swim/Toonami, but I haven't had much of an urge to revisit the show. Part of it is that I don't know how well it will hold up now, and part of it is still some residual burnout on all the heavier tones a lot of the Adult Swim/Toonami shows tended to have (Wolf's Rain, Death Note, etc. ). LOL

Mainly, though, there's one moment in the first season/series that was pretty much a gut punch moment in the show for me, and I'm just not that keen on revisiting it.
    • Like x 1
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

It is consider one of the 10 best anime ever. I don't think I will watch for a while as well
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

By no means am I saying it's a bad show. LOL It lives up to the reputation and is engaging. But seeing it back then was enough for me due to the circumstances I gave.

It's the same kind of thing with the other two shows I mentioned, Death Note and Wolf's Rain. Good shows, but seeing them back then was good enough for me.
    • Like x 2
  11. ThatWriterGuy Active Player

That's where streaming sites come in handy XD
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm too much of a goody two-shoes for that kind of thing. :D If I'm going to watch a show, it's going to be on the up-and-up so that it gets the full support I may think it deserves, and that includes the streaming services. If I like, agree with or have no problems with what they offer and the price they ask, they'll get my business. If not? I can do without it and they won't see a dime from me.
  13. ThatWriterGuy Active Player

You're going to miss out on A LOT of good anime, then.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not really, it's only the Anime Strike stuff I'm missing out on. And with the number of shows for the fall season on Anime Strike that were also licensed by Sentai Filmworks, I know those that DID catch my interest will eventually hit home video so it's basically a waiting game.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fairly sure we never had "Star Blazers", but we did get "Battle of the Planets"
  17. Davenport Committed Player

Do any of you ever put off reading a manga for a while so that a nicer chunk of chapters build up before reading? Or hold off on anime?
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With manga I'll usually read through and keep up to date, namely because it's pretty easy to go back and re-read chapters in blocks if I so desire.

With anime it depends. If it's a current show that has grabbed my attention I'll watch each episode as it comes out. If it's an older show that grabs my attention I'll try to find some stopping points here and there so I can binge watch. Best example of the latter is the show Witch Craft Works. I loved the story and animation, but I haven't finished it because I know I'll binge watch the last three episodes like I did the rest of the series, and I have to set aside some time to finish that out. LOL
  19. ThatWriterGuy Active Player

I'm holding off on most of the Fall anime I started to watch, but that's mostly because I've been too busy and haven't found enough time binge the amount I keep racking up :p
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Has anyone seen "Haganai"? I really starting to like this one
    • Like x 1