The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Yui Loyal Player

2. Yui Loyal Player

So, I just realized after reading around that they didn’t state that the new series is a sequel.

http://myanimelist.net/news/42372484

Not sure what this means but hopefully they don't do a remake of the series, or start from scratch and make an entirely different Anime which uses the same characters but completely different story from the story that we already know.
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So the last episode of Charlotte.
    I guess Yuu plundered 'Deux Ex Machina" from someone.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well with the number of abilities out there, it kinda gave them the excuse to go that route. But to their credit, they did keep things in line with the theme of "cost" that they've had going for most of the series.
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Yea but seriously his blind brother found him in the most populated country in the world at night and at the exact moment when he was close to death.
    If that is not next level Deux Ex Machina I don't know what is.
    Also heal your blind brother dam it, while you are at it heal your own eye.
    Also how is Nao's brother fine now? This is the alternate timeline where he never met the lead singer of that band and went to visit him.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fair points. but perhaps some spoiler warnings might have been in order on both our parts. :oops:

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Thing is, Yuu wasn't exactly being inconspicuous as he plundered, especially as time wore on. After all, some wingnut bounty hunter with a crossbow was able to track him down. It's entirely possible that big bro was able to catch up to and/or keep track of him by that point.

The question of healing himself was handled decently enough for me right after he got that ability. Plus I think they may have pushed their luck with going against the "cost" theme of the show with saving the little sister, so that may factor into things.

You got me on the whole bit with Nao's brother, I'll admit. From the looks of it that meeting still somehow took place considering he was clutching an autographed CD, but they skipped over it in favor of the plundering. A reviewer of the final episode on ANN felt that the plundering could have been its own season, which might have left room open for exploring some of the story resolutions, like how Nao's brother was helped.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As for other final episodes, Shimoneta kept things going right until the end. Decent run for the show, and at the very least I look forward to seeing what the dub ends up being like, even if no more seasons come along.

I want to talk about the final Wagnaria, but I can't yet. Seems as though there's a special coming along at a to-be-determined date (grumble grumble) that will finish the season out. They've resolved so much from the first seasons with one big story left to finish, so it's tough for me to see more seasons coming along. I'll miss the show when it's finally done. I'll probably end up picking up the first two seasons at least. Season three may depend on who releases it and how they release it (not to mention how much they ask for it).
  8. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe going the Negima or Fate/Stay Night route with retelling the story but slightly different this time around?
  10. Yui Loyal Player

I found that out just a few hours after I made that post. I just never got around to saying anything.

Anyway, this probably means they're going to do an original story because they can't do a remake of the series since it's too early.

And I doubt that they have enough source material yet to start producing a sequel, unless they do a 13-episode sequel by the time it airs next year. The current arc, which began on chapter 101 and is currently at chapter 142, should be finished by then. 24 episodes is highly unlikely to happen if they want to air a sequel next year.
  11. Yui Loyal Player

Probably going to be an original story. At least that's what people are saying on anime forums.
  12. Yui Loyal Player

13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So the final episode of Overlord was rather interesting. They hardcore teased a Season 2 but it's still not confirmed yet.
    I still can't get over Touch Me. "Oh Lord Touch Me-sama".

Conclusion of story: If you ever play an MMO make sure its a P2W MMO. Just in case.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They remade Spider-man with that Garfield guy
  16. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Remember they said that you lose your powers at a certain age maybe that he reached that age and he was restored to normal.....that or Japanese logic.
  17. Yui Loyal Player

The Anime only stated that their powers would disappear at the end of adolescence. The end of adolescence occurs at age 18 to early 20's according to sources. Some researchers even state that it ends at age 25. Since an age wasn't really specified in the Anime, I'm going to assume that their abilities would be gone anywhere from age 18 to 25. Also, keep in mind that at the time Yuu stole his brother's time leap ability, his older brother was 19.

We don't know for sure how long Yuu was on his mission or how long he was asleep after he was rescued because they weren't specified during the finale. However, let's assume that he was on his journey for 1-2 years. This is plausible because he must have several abilities that made traveling through countries faster. We know for a fact that he has Jojiro's fast movement ability and it was even shown in the finale that he acquired an ability that enables him to teleport. As for how long Yuu was asleep, let's assume that it was anywhere between 1 week to 1 year.

Now, let's go back to the time before Yuu went on his mission. Yuu was 16 years old. Let's say that my assumptions are somehow accurate. He completed his mission at the age of 17 or 18, and when he woke up, his age is between 17-19. It's possible that Yuu still has his abilities at the end of the finale. It's also possible that his abilities are gone. I guess it's up to the viewers to decide.
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

The Anime Studio That Made Samurai Champloo and Gangsta. is No More

[IMG]
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think that's where some of the somewhat frustrating ambiguity of the show starts coming through. They never really defined the age that the powers disappeared on average, nor did they say exactly how long Yuu was out and about. The closest we got to anything was big bro urging Yuu on because his time with powers was probably pretty short considering he had just turned 16. So unless there's a follow-up series, light novel or manga that expands/explains things more, fans are kind of left grasping for straws or guessing a bit.

Something that I think is kind of weird when comparing shows is that a more goofy/comedic show like Monster Musume has had some more solid and easy-to-follow world building to it than what ended up in Charlotte. I'm not saying Charlotte was a bad show as a result, by any means. But it does mean fewer "wait, what about this part of the show?" discussions and/or arguments that I'm sure are popping up in anime forums. :p
  20. Yui Loyal Player

You're definitely right about this.