The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Yes... and it went into obscurity for many years and recently resurfaced and is being touted as being one of the best anime by several people and now there are many youtube videos speaking about the series as well. So it's nice to see one of my faves come back from obscurity and also nice to see that Bleach, which I sadly thought was long dead after they abruptly canceled the anime when the manga was still going, is coming back this fall with the final arc finally being made into an anime. The TYBW arc was, for many, the best of the manga... but Tite Kubo had to cut the manga short because the publisher demanded that it come to an end. Now, with the anime, Kubo said he's going to add in many aspects that had to be left out due to the publisher's demands. So can't wait to see it!!
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don't know if anyone has seen this anime yet but It is pretty good. "The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious". It's very light heart and I think it will be one of those animes that are just fun to re-watch. It is made by the same people who brought us "The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated", which is another fave of mine lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's been an interesting one, to be sure. I'm curious to see how the story unfolds, and it is very cute to see Yuuri get flustered and leap to conclusions but then turn the tables on Lilith with his declarations when she tries to fluster him even further.
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not really related to any show, but BAND-MAID's new music video kinda rocks. :D

I like seeing the anime interpretations of the ladies from the band.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is sooo awesome! I love Band Maid lol
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fun little tidbit for Reincarnated as a Slime fans, they've started releasing episodes of The Slime Diaries with the English dub cast. I've only watched one episode so far but it sounds like the cast is having fun with the lighter/slightly sillier nature of that show. Perfect example:

• Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The similarity between the character image and the cosplayer in the thumbnail/cover image is almost frightening.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

IKR! I had to watch the clip twice just to prove to my self she was real lol.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not gonna post all the links, but ANN announced that the following shows are getting second seasons.
    • Girlfriend, Girlfriend
    • By the Grace of the Gods
    • The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
    I'm rewatching Girlfriend, Girlfriend via the new dub (decently funny) and I wasn't too surprised to see Grace of the Gods getting a second season (more story to tell). But Saint's Magic Power did surprise me a bit, as I thought it ended at a point where it could have been a one-season-and-done anime. Not complaining, though, as the first season was good and it should be interesting to see where they go from the ending point of the first season.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Couple of season finishes now.

Rent-A-Girlfriend finished, and overall it was more of the same. If you watched the first season you're going to get a decent helping of more of the same, which can be a little aggravating. It means a lot of the perspective we see is Kazuya's, so with at least two of the girls it's tough to know what's motivating them. That's remedied a bit in the last episode as it's very centered on Chizuru, but that still leaves the motivations of one girl still in the dark. If you liked the first season it's okay but it would have been nice to see some better character progression. There's a season three so hopefully that will help, but from what I've heard of the source material a third season may end up being more of the same.

My Isekai Life also finished up, and I have to say it was a solid show. Not a standout or anything, and it hits quite a few of the standard isekai tropes. But the storytelling is good and watching the story unfold kept me engaged. Plus the designs on Yuji's tamed creatures were great (the slimes were absolutely adorable LOL). The action and animation in the final episodes of the season were well done as well, so the show finished strong while also leaving open stories to tell in more seasons should they come along. I don't know if it'd be interesting to everyone, but I liked it anyhow. I'd suggest at least giving it a shot.

And just as a side note, I was surprised by how many solid titles the HIDIVE streaming service had this season. Between Isekai Life, Call of the Night, Vermeil in Gold and the latest season of Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up a Girlfriend in a Dungeon, they had some really good stuff this summer. But more on those other shows later, the seasons aren't done yet.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Which season of Dungeon are you referencing? Is the one with Bel and Winnie? That is the latest one I have watched on Cruncyroll. They are finally getting around to the English dub of this particular season I am referring too. I think this is the most recent season. I hope we get a new season. This is really a great anime in my opinion. Bel has true, sincere emotions for his Family and wants to protect them all no matter who the opponent is or which Family member is being harassed. Does Sanjouno Haruhime & Bel still believe that they ... um ... let me phrase it like this; still believe that they are married in the Biblical sense?
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

This is season 4 I'm talking about. It's centered around a group expedition led by Bell and his Familia, with participation by Aisha (not 100% sure which Familia she might be with right now), Daphne and Cassandra (who have apparently joined Miach's Familia) and Ouka and Chigusa from Takemikazuchi's Familia.

[IMG]

As for who thinks what and relationships, the focus of this season has been on the expedition with some exploration of the nature of Cassandra's power/ability. Solid season so far.

Seasons 1, 2 and 4 are on HIDIVE, while I think only season 3 is on Crunchyroll.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Quick correction, I should have looked at the streaming services before I stated what was where. LOL

Crunchyroll has seasons 2 and 3 of Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.

HIDIVE has all seasons PLUS a bunch of the bonus OVAs PLUS the Sword Oratoria series focused on Ais and the Loki Familia. The last one makes for an interesting watch to see where and how it intersects with the events in season one of the Is It Wrongyadayadayada.

(I have GOT to figure out a shorthand version of that title in English lol)
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just watched the dub trailer for Chainsaw Man.

:confused:

I don't think it looks bad, but at the same time it may not be the show for me. Regardless, it's looking to be one heck of a ride.