The 3 Worst Things That Have Ever Come To DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Feb 4, 2015.

1. ErnieB Loyal Player

Oh forgot to add super healthy bosses, the one thing I like about the solo bosses from Patrol Catastrophe is that they aren't super healthy, but have mechanics that make then though if you don't know what to do, specially the weapon mastery robot.
    • Like x 1
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

Is there anything about the game Circe actually likes?
    Thread after thread suggest not..
    • Like x 4
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

he seems to like the forums, spends more time here than on the game.
    • Like x 3
  4. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

yet there circe is..playing every day??!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

1. Circe
    2. Circe's allies
    3. Circe's villains

Okay and now for real ^^

- people who calling actual gameplay fixes "nerf"
    - PVP map rotation
    - forced play collections (yepp you AF2 Nexus operation, I look at you)
    • Like x 1
  6. ChuckLess New Player

Really?!

How about Weapon Mastery, Advanced Mechanics and Small/ Large group content related DLC's?

Those are far more game breaking issues.

Mods and Home Turf mods add to the game and PVP issues only affect 20% of the population.

Edit: Oh my, I forgot the #1 problem: The scoreboard!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

1) Wags.
    2) The Spring Seasonal.
    3) The whole small group/large group thing. #giveussomethingforeveryone
    • Like x 1
  8. Dezaras Loyal Player

1. Agreed. And Mandrakes.
    2. Don't think I've played it. Unless it's the St Patrick's Day one, but I doubt it.
    3. Agreed.

Now mine.

1. The Poison Ivy level up quest. Specifically that it's unavoidable on the hero side. (Dis?)Honourable mention goes to the Faust/Black Adam level up mission.
    2. League halls costing so much. My league is at about 69-70,000 prestige, yet a bunch of members are inactive. Three, maybe four of us play with any degree of regularity.
    3. Lack of emotes. Might seem petty (and I'm not going into the no sit down emote issue) but, when I'm creating my YouTube episodes I'd like the full range of available emotes. NPCs have certain emotes that we can't use, like the um "explanation hand gesture"...I know what I mean. As a video creator I feel it would add more to a dialogue scene.

4 (because it's just come to me). Not an annoyance as such, more something I'd like to see. There are certain faction specific areas that the opposing factions can't access. Waynetech Storage/ Gotham Mercy Hospital for example. I don't think heroes can go there. I'd like to go inside, just to hang out in a different non-hostile environment. Back to the YouTube series: Dad Taylor works for Waynetech. It'd be nice to just walk him in and shoot a scene of him at work.

I went for things that weren't already mentioned. Some of the other stuff annoys me, some of it doesn't. Hell my 3 and 4 are only minor inconveniences for my videos, nothing more.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

It's the Swamp Thing one. It's tear inducing frustration with pug groups. It's going to be even worse this year with stat clamping. I think the forums will probably explode.
    • Like x 5
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I have 0 feat completion from the Spring Seasonal and hated it with a passion.... So... Yeah...
    • Like x 4
  11. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

THIS!!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. junglejim New Player

Switch mods for weapon mastery and i agree completely. After trying the pvp update i left. Just coming back now my reason for leaving was the gameplay changes weapon mastery brought. Loads of things in dc to talk up in a positive manner but w.m for me killed alot of enjoyment for me
    • Like x 1
  13. Impulsively Committed Player

I like the idea behind the HT stuff, just not the prices. I agree that it's annoying how many marks you have to lay down for only a month of gameplay time. Though each tier gets much more manageable with each tier of content that you progress to. Still, I don't like the idea of having to throw away marks on something that isn't directly gear-related.

The problem that I have with mods is the delay that it puts on the usefulness of armor. When I get a new gear piece, often times I find myself tucking it away somewhere in my inventory or bank until I get enough marks to buy a synth for it. I rarely blow any exos on modding after T3 due to the convenience of synths. On the flip side, that means that I have to save up enough for the mod and the gear in order for it to be of value to me. Otherwise, my stats go down temporarily.
    • Like x 3
  14. SenseIess Well-Known Player

This is not an argument. Games and stuffs gets only better by fixing their problems, by listening to their community or hearing opinions.
    • Like x 3
  15. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

1. People, who do nothing but complain about things they don't like about the game all day long and who keep on spamming the forums with their complaints instead of giving constructive feedback and suggestions
    2. The massive lack of moderation on this forums (there should be a lot more threads moved to the right Forums, duplicates merged to one topic or closed, useless thread-titles renamed, existing topics linked), which even made it necessary to "outsource" bug-reports (DCUO issue-tracker), so they finally get the attention they need
    3. The pressure to bring out new content so fast, that desperatelly needed bug-fixes take so long
    • Like x 6
  16. Twenty New Player

WM

PvP Map Rotation

Home Turf
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

PVP revamp #1
    PVP revamp #2
    PVP revamp #3
  18. Cable Committed Player

I agree with all three of these reasons. Aside from what you mentioned about hometurf and the constant need to feed the mainframe there was also the massive disparity it caused in PVP. If you didn't have the hometurf mods and trinkets you were at a significant disadvantage (And still are to this day in anything except arenas). On the flip side, I felt no joy in using them to fight another person. "Oh you brought out your sidekick? Now I'll use mine I guess." It was one of the primary reasons I took an extended break from the game at that time.

Not my style to be totally negative (until I start going on about Mental lol) so I'll end on a positive note...AF 2 is one of the most well made DLC's in a long time, so here's to positive thinking. B]
  19. HersheyKiss New Player

Well said :)
  20. HersheyKiss New Player

Mine are #1 the lack of attention paid to fixing bugs. #2 WM, simple as that. #3 Allowing players to skip content and raise their cr so fast and the lack of any tutorial for any role. There are TONS of bad high cr players out there who have no idea about their role or any kind of mechanic. It makes pugging a nightmare.