Thankyou players who don't switch powers every few months

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Axel7822, Jul 26, 2014.

1. daffy324 New Player

Yeah people who do not know how to master their own powers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Caligulus Committed Player

I did. I'm not too sure why you still mentioned players looking for a stronger power, since he just said that generalizing is a problem, and getting hated over someone switching isn't a big deal.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've only done two power switches on characters, and that was because some new powers that came out fit the characters concepts I came up with better. Switched a Fire character to Electric (it was a re-creation of a CO Electric speedster I had) and I switched an Ice character to Earth. But in both instances I made an alt character and took them through the leveling process to see how they worked, what worked for me and if I even liked them. Both times everything clicked so I made the switch and deleted the trial alts.

I've never been one to chase FOTM, though. I've always felt that the best profession/power set to play is the one that fits you best and that you enjoy the most.
  4. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i get what you're saying. I like staying "true to my characters" as well. Its kind of tough in the case of my main alt..who is supposed to have superstrength and invulnerability wwhich doesnt really exist in the game the way it does in comics but overall all my toons are pretty much the way i envision them and even as a result of this game have given me new sources of inspiration as far as treating them like actual comic book characters (i.e. i think my group would ake a kick *** comic) but...

comics are a medium where anything goes. comic book characters are always changing, powers changes, they change names, costumes, they change sides, some have changed sides more than a few times. for some characters changing powers is their power.

not big on following fotm but really it doesn;t even take a little bit of imagination to explain a power change.
  5. KidMidnight Loyal Player

excuse me lois i'm not really digging electricity right now i need to get a respec token and get back to my kryptonian powers,,,

:p
  6. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Well i change mine every times i got bored and want to try something new. I don't have a lot of time in my hand to just start over, level up from the bottom all over again. I only have 1 toon and I try to make it the best it can be so I spend all my time with this toon, grinding feat, grinding mark and getting gears etc.
    • Like x 3
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I've been here for three years and been three different powers on my main, Fire, Ice and now Rage!

So what?

My toon, my game, I'll do as I please....Thank you!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 4
  8. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Weird thread.....I could care less if people switch there powers sometimes,,,lots of people have been playing for years and it keeps the game fresh switching powers....
    • Like x 3
  9. Hero of Justice New Player

I will say that just because someone switches to a new power after using their old one for a while doesn't make it a FOTM switch. For some people I'm sure Quantum, Celestial, Rage, etc. filled their "dream powerrset." Or they played a new power and loved it so much they like it better than their old one. I don't stay Mental just because it's what I started with, I stay it because for my main it's the best power :) For some people, Celestial might have been what they always wanted in Sorcery, or Rage allowed them to make their Guy Gardner-esque Green Lanterns red. You never know :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Funny sig, but you forgot lizard, Spock. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

1. There are players who switch for the stronger powers. Look through some forum posts.
    2. I don't hate them, They just lose my respect on that area.
  12. Caligulus Committed Player

1. I've already acknowledged number 1, as stated in a previous post in this same thread.
    2. I've already commented on people who dislike what other people do with their money, as stated in a previous post in this same thread.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You are mixing dislike and respect together. You can hate something and still respect it, you can like someone but not respect it also.
    I don't hate you because you spend money, You just lose respect that you use the money to specifically become stronger.
  14. Caligulus Committed Player

I never said you hated them, dude. I didn't even mention respect or hate.
    Specifically talking about you here.
    • Like x 1
  15. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

the only thing I changed is my name. My favorite powers are Quantum because they're the coolest and just sounds sexy and powerful (control of time and gravity, how OP is that?). Plus I modeled my character after the Vibe character from the JL of America comics, so the powers are similar.

The only thing I changed was my name.

I wish I can change Superspeed, but i have a loyalty to it.
  16. rival exe New Player

If they aren't hurting anyone why is this even an issue?
    • Like x 1
  17. ToySoldier13 New Player

Why is changing powers FOTM? My first change was from launch Sorcery to Nature just a few months ago because I got tired of the millions of actual FOTM sorcerers around. I went Nature because word was it sucked, a few weeks of tinkering and testing and I had a pretty optimal loadout.

Just a week ago I made the switch to Ice to scoop up a half dozen styles taking up bank room.

Feel free to judge b1tches, I'm perfectly content knowing I can help my league with loadout advice, know exactly what most powers do and as such have an advantage in pvp, and have more SP than you.
    • Like x 3
  18. Rich Homie Quan New Player

Sounds like to op seeks validation from other forum users to stick to a power that he's underperforming with tbh.
    • Like x 4
  19. Archangel Rafael New Player

I've seen this statement bandied about several times in this thread.

From my experience it just isn't true at all. I'm 40. I've read over 50,000 comic in my life. In the 80s-90s I was an art assistant to a guy who did pencils for DC and Marvel. So my experience with comics is pretty extensive.

The vast majority of comics characters have kept the exact same powers throughout their careers.

Batman, Superman and all 6 of the original JLA all have the exact same power today they did when they were created 50+ years ago. X-Men(both classes), Avengers, Fan4. None have changed. Can't think of any TeenTitans that have changed powers unless you're counting Speedy>Arsenal>Red Arrow which I don't. Aqualad gained some magical augmentation.

Superman's powers were changed in the 90s for about a year. That was wildly unpopular and goes down in history with everything else that was craptastic about 90s comics.

Sometimes struggling characters have been given a power-changing revamp, but we're talking about B-list at best characters that the publisher is trying to popularize. example : Marvel's Angel was revamped to Archangel.

The best characters, the A-listers, remain exactly the same for decade after decade to the point that we wonder why they never age or change.

Somebody tell me who these comic characters are who change powers 'cause I've read a lot of comics and I don't know what these people are talking about.

Now costume changes are a separate issue. Most, and I mean 9/10 most, character remain the same for decades with maybe slight changes. Then there are a few A-lister who change their costumes often (KittyPryde, Janet VanDyne...)
    Conversely, who are you to tell someone else what they should post about on the forums or what opinions they should have about power switching?

The forums is for discussion. The OP felt like discussing this subject. There's nothing wrong with voicing an opinion even if it is unpopular.

So why don't you stop worrying about what people post on the forums since it has no effect on your gameplay. The forums is for discussion. People can discuss whatever they want. People can have whatever opinion they want even if it's a negative opinion of something you like.
  20. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

This thread is a joke...and quite laughable......"I don't have respect for peeps that exercise an option in the game".... really??...really??...LMAO.........plain and simple....these people contribute to the bottom line of this game as much if not more than you judgemental crybabies....and i'll bet that many of you JC's have changed weapons over the span you've been here...hmm....hypocrite much??

No ones forcing you to do anything yet you think you can sit here and pass judgement on the player base thats adding to the financial bottom line doing something that is built into the game....LMAO...wow.

Your NOT expressing your opinion....your Insulting others.....you have NO right to slam anyone that exercises BUILT IN OPTIONS IN THE GAME....no right at all.

Grow up already.
    • Like x 5