Thankyou players who don't switch powers every few months

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Axel7822, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

I agree. Comic characters never change powersets.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Twilight Man New Player

Sorcery for 3 1/2 years. Have an alt for nearly every other power/movement mode/role.

Did You Know: the absolute first power I chose was actually Mental, and martial arts. I wasnt that happy with the look of Mental so tried Sorcery same week, hooked ever since.
  3. Bobburt Committed Player

Yeah I don't know. Sure, I don't really like the people that go FotM just for the scoreboard chase, but then again, it's really none of my business. It's their money. I don't really mind.

And then there are those that go FotM and suddenly act like they're God's gift to the world. Those are the FotMs I can't tolerate.

~~~~~Wooblooblooloolooblooloobloooo~~~~~

I first started playing this game in November of 2011. Went in knowing absolutely nothing about this game, except that it looked interesting.

Started off as ice.
    Switched to electricity when DLC3 came out.
    (At this point, I had already made my first alt who was a mental controller. Boy did I love it...)
    Switched to gadgets about 6 months after DLC3.
    (Switched my alt to electricity cause I got withdrawals.)
    And then Origin Crisis. Switched to mental because I remembered how much fun it was trolling. Never had I dpsed with it until now.

~~~~~Woobloolooblooloobloolooloo~~~~~

Fell in "love" with mental and haven't switched my main since then. And I never will.

A couple months ago, I switched my third alt from light to ice cause I got dem cravings. Lovin' it.
    And around the same time, I switched my second alt to nature for a different take on healing than what I was used to. Lovin' it.

Geez.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I agree, I myself am a die hard fire user on my main and not a mopowa chaser. I use fire because it's the most fun for me.
    If others have their most fun chasing the latest and greatest then that's what they should do.
    That's not to say that I haven't poked a fair amount of fun at some of my buddies for it tho.lol
    I may be amused by FOTM peeps personally but I find it weird people that seem to be angry or highly annoyed by it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its kind of like an unwritten social rule of some kind. IE tieng down someone being considered rude, its still an aspect of the game but some people out of respect do not do it.
    I have respect for players who can stick with one power set because they like it and not just switch every time a new power set comes out just because its going to be really powerful. I have seen people just immediatly switch to the new powerset not because they like it, its because they realize its not as powerful as it used to be.
  6. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

Lmao at all the haters.. I switch powers every couple weeks!

I have always played both roles and I thoroughly enjoy the variation in the different styles of tanking and healing (not so much trolling).

But I am always a DPS first, and I have never switched powers just because something is OP.. Over the last 3 years I have spent a decent amount of time doing dmg with every power set, and I feel extremely confident I can do great dmg with any of them.

Not sure where all this superiority comes from just because some players have never switched lol
    • Like x 4
  7. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Thank you players who don't switch powers every few months.....
    ....and an even bigger thank you to those who do, you are funding this game.

• Like x 7
  8. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

That's what it is about for you and that's cool.
    I love this game for many of those reasons too as well as many other reasons and that's cool too.
    Some people like this game for reasons other than what you have listed above and may even not like those elements of the game at all,again that's cool.
    All games should be enjoyed for whatever reasons people enjoy them for, that's the reason you play a game,cause games are fun and cool.
    Being insulting to people that don't agree with you or like to do things differently than you is not cool i.e. very "lame".
    • Like x 4
  9. Archangel Rafael New Player

yeah, yeah kumbaya. Everybody is good and special and nothing is ever wrong as long as someone likes it. No one should ever criticize anything anyone else ever does. No one should ever have a negative opinion of anything anyone else likes. blah blah.

sometimes people like stuff that sucks. doesn't make it suck less. people have bad taste.

This thread is about opinions of FotM'ing. I gave mine: FotM'ing is about ego-gaming. Ego-driven gaming is lame. FotM'ing is lame.

[IMG]
  10. Lady Thren New Player

They be like...

[IMG]

And Im over here like...

[IMG]

LMAO
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Twilight Man New Player

I was going to make a thread this week about how this game and the people I come across, remind me more and more of the Call of Duty days.
    This thread will do fine in its place.
  13. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

14. WarMachineWT New Player

I have only changed once, Changed from ICE to RAGE only because I wanted the Rage powers. I miss my ICE but I do enjoy my RAGE.
  15. chubbychase New Player

When new powers came out, I used to roll alts for them, because I'd get bored out of my main and I wanted to try them out...these days, I don't really want to spend the time leveling a new alt, so I get the one I'm most bored with and switch it instead. I enjoy the game and don't mind buying in some time. That does not mean I, or others like me, for there are plenty others, switched to dps more or to main a dps at all...this thread is lame. Not everyone switches to "the most OP weapon" and "the most OP power" and use "glitches that make you OP"...power respec token is there to save you time and not everyone can play on the test server..."You're welcome" :rolleyes: haters gonna hate, god forbid people want to try out something new
    • Like x 2
  16. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I change once in a blue with 8200 loyalty points and 4 power points laying around. Reason why I switch is to keep bit fresh besides new powers come out and as I mentioned I have no use for my loyalty points so I save em to test new powers since I got the gear and sp rather than make an alt, that's why I only have one villain and one hero lol.

now by all means only switch to tank powers, I started as ice,hated it after few months, then earth came out and loved it, stayed earth till rage and now I'm going back to earth.

My favorite powers are quantum, earth and rage. So I try to switch between them once in a blue.

P.S. I know quantum is a troll power, I tried trolling a bit was fun. Might go troll one day
    • Like x 2
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Heroes change their powers all the time.... Do you remember electric superman completely different powers then his traditional ones....

I've switched powers many times.... Sometimes they were the fotm sometimes they weren't ...

I have late from the ones I liked the most ...

Powers I liked quantum,celestial,electric,mental,ice and earth

Powers I've never used to any length nor did I switch when they were fotm...fire,gadgets,nature,sorcery,rage,hl

The powers I've used the most were never really fotm I've been earth most my time .... Which should tell you fotm isn't really my intention.....

That said I enjoyed switching powers .... It keeps the game from getting stale... Changes it up ... However I like earth tanking so much a new tank power would have to be pretty impressive and some form of energy or super strength for me to ever change at this point ....

I just don't see people switching being a problem that effects you
    • Like x 3
  18. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Sorry, I'm not boring enough to stay one power for longer than a few months. Actually, I'm not sorry at all, trying different powers is what keeps me playing this game. Maybe you should be thanking people who are willing to fund the game? Just a thought.
    • Like x 3
  19. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

OH gosh I am sooooooo sorry :(

Here I have been having a wonderful time in the DC universe for that last 3 years and now thanks to your amazing informative post I realize I have been doing it wrong the entire time :/

Now I just regret all time I spent laughing and having "fun". I can't wait to tell all my league mates and the friends I've made that we can finally start enjoying DCUO because good ole Rafael taught me the correct way to have fun :))

Get over yourself man.. Just because I don't step directly into my toons shoes everyday and pretend I'm actually saving the world doesn't mean I'm "lame". I have nothing against people who enjoy role playing. That's all fine and good, but for me personally it doesn't enhance my experience one bit.. This MMO to me offers extremely little in the way of RP tools or sustaining immersion.

LMAO telling people they are doing it wrong when it comes to having fun.. Yea it's definitely my ego that is out of control...
    • Like x 6
  20. rival exe New Player

I don't take offense. I am too cheap to be a FOTM player. lol
    I just don't see why we should get mad or tell others how to enjoy their game.
    • Like x 3