Thanks devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG Betray, Oct 22, 2020.

1. OG Betray New Player

Destroyed your own game with these free skips constantly...garbage *** people has turned dcuo from garbage to literally a pos. Roughly spent around 10k in 10years of DC and now will never log in again. Thanks devs
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There have been terrible DCUO players long before CR skips. I remember hardly ever finishing alerts and raids at the proper level before they started easing up a little bit somewhere around the second half of tier 7.
    • Like x 6
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Did you try to explain mechanics or after 1 wipe leave like most ppl do if it's not a 'super OP burn fest pewpew' group?
    • Like x 10
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Assuming that you tried explaining what raid was it, what boss, what kept happening? Details really help
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

I doubt that. And there is also nothing constructive about that post in general. There's giving feedback, helping players learn, and there's just...that. It doesn't help the issue or the OP.
    • Like x 1
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ok, then. 'bye.
    • Like x 3
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

ignorance is like a shadow it has no real substance of its own, it is simply a lack of light. You cannot cause a shadow to disappear by trying to fight it, stamp on it, by railing against it, or any other form of emotional or physical resistance. In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it.

-Shakti Gawain
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I somewhat agree with the OP, the message could be more civil though.
    • Like x 3
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh I know the OP could of worded his post better, I'm just trying to get more info on what happened to I guess help in future runs
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I do too to some degree, but as I asked above, did he try to teach or did he leave after 1 wipe. Both lead to more questions lol
    • Like x 3
  11. Solarbound Committed Player

10K in 10 yrs??? Towards this game alone??? I'm sorry, but:D:D:D
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some of us just want to play, we shouldn't be here at T9/T10 teaching people the basics and trying to carry them to the end.
    If I queue into a raid the expectation is for everyone to be on or around the same page. Get in, get it done and have fun in the process. And there is usually (or was) at least one person that would fall behind, we pause get them together and have a teaching moment or send them back to the Watchtower.
    Now when you queue in it's the majority of the group does not have their crap together. You have to LFG everything except Event and even that can go sideways. It's like swimming at the pool with your friends, someone throws a group of quadriplegics in with you and tells you to show them how to swim as they steadily drown... Like, no thanks you've ruined our summer fun now.
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...10K? you must have a lot of stuff....

Can I have it?...one last login to mail it over?
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Sooooo you're telling us you lost in a duel while having all 200lvl arts with 101pvp gear, while the other person had 160's and 99pvp lvl? K
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It may be true that there are more terribad players now than there was in the past, but the OP is drawing correlation to CR skips. I would argue it's not really valid.

Like others said already, there's always been terribad players. Always will be. New players are usually bad and meeting them later in content can create the impression that CR skips are to blame because that's how they're getting to us and when we meet up with them.

In reality, without CR skips those players would have struggled through alone. The really committed ones would stick with it and learn and eventually get to us in a year or so. The less committed ones would get frustrated and move on, leaving the game. That's the true insidious purpose of CR skips; to connect new players with experienced players in the bulk of the community; to have fun together, teach each other and learn from each other.

PUGing has always been a crap shoot. If someone is concerned their group doesn't have what it takes, they should run closed league runs or do pre-made groups using LFG etc.

CR skips are good for the game. They're necessary to bridge the gap between new players and current content. If you meet them, be kind and patient and help them learn because they're the new blood coming into the game and keeping it populated. If that's not your thing (it's not mine honestly), just run closed groups with friends.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To a 255 skipper....ouch!
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I revised my post, it's more accurate now (possibly lol).
    • Like x 1
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

It takes a lot to fail instances in this game. Unless you're talking about elite? I haven't been running, but I ran the alert 5-10 times a day and have never failed(didn't run it when it was broken). Run raid 5-10 times a week, and same. Maybe it's harder in older content
  19. Good vs Evil Active Player

So if we were to apply your quote to this situation. The "shadow" would be CR boosted players ruining content, the "light shining on it" would be? The devs addressing the CR inflated SP lacking players ruining higher tier content? The community explaining how players should go back and feat farm to be viable in end content? Or just accepting that thats the way life is and no point complaining about it?
  20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I have five or six more toon that I would like to skip up to 255 or so. Cant wait until the 10th anniversary to skip up another one.. or two.
    • Like x 1