Thanks Devs! PvP phase is officially dead!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Kanmaru, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Sasami Well-Known Player

Perhaps then you should refrain from commenting on a topic other people care about that you do not then? As that is rather impolite and all it does is upset those that do care and do want the game to improve.
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

So you are spitting in the face of people who do enjoyed open world/arenas? Not to be mean but if all you care for is legends then this just wasnt the topic for you to be in. By you saying you do not care means you do not need to be here or give a helpful opinion to help fix the issues with pvp as it stands. Thanks for stopping by though.
  3. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Well dang, if Arena PvP is that dead maybe it's time to pull the cord. It'll be ok, you and your sweaty brethren will find greener pastures. I have played this game from go and have PvP'd off and on the whole time (mainly for feats) and I will be the first to admit that arena PvP IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN a parasitic entity attached to the soft underbelly of this game.

When you really step back and look at it stand alone PvP brings little to no revenue to DCUO as a whole and over the years the whinning and complaining from the PvP community has resulted in a never ending nerf/buff cycle which has undoubtedly cost the company more revenue in subscription losses than it has ever made from PvP.

Even IF PvP and PvE has been 100% uncoupled I still feel that way \_(*_*)_/

and also this way....
    [IMG]

Lol but all joking aside they should just get rid of PvP. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

LOL true. We do that.
  5. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

I think PVP AND LEGENDS needs to be fixed. (Batman hold Y) Like everyone keeps saying, the community seems to be shrinking on all platforms. EXCEPT! the XBOX. We seem to be growing at a rapid pace I swear, I've never seen so many newbies at one time before. But seriously, with a dwindled community where 99.3 percent of the community daunts going to PVP even if its just for feats. Where are all the funding to fix PVP supposed to come from?

If they take the funds from PVE then there will be those few who will notice and complain and cry about missing content in the next update. Then everyone else will follow blindly and complain and cry with them. Then the developers are going to lose money. And in turn, DCUO community will also lose. Before, they were in the perfect place to fix it because there were more PVP'ers that was giving in that extra funding. Now, I've said this in a previous post. NO one in this day and age enjoy going into PVP with no gear to be placed against a sweaty and anxious maxed out PVP person who keeps destroying him/her over and over. No one like to lose anymore. They rather go into raids side by side WITH their friends than enter PVP and go AGAINST them.

However, people have no problem PVPing in their PVE gear. I see it all the time on the streets of Gotham and Metropolis. This mean it's not PVP itself but they probably don't want to feel weak doing it. These people know their PVE gear inside and out. So they know how strong they are already. However, when you switch to PVP you are reminded almost instantly, that you are nothing lol. It's like having an update and learning that they made you a level 30 PVE. People would quit the game entirely. Without any hesitation. It's the same when you switch PVE to PVP. You feel like you lost all your previous hard work IF you have not started playing PVP which is probably everybody on the game now.

PEOPLE HATE CHANGE, no matter what people say, people feel most comfortably with what they are FIRST exposed to. In the case of DCUO it's PVE.

This is an underlying problem that will ALWAYS be overlooked. People don't understand that they are meant to be 2 different game styles. With 2 different sets of gear. People are simply lazy and don't want to go through the whole process of learning the game and getting the other gear from scratch. I say introduce players to PVP as equally as they do PVE. This would mean STARTING the game in a PVP scenario instead of a PVE one If the player chooses to do so. Some people would do it because of their curiosity. During this time, PVP would boom because there would be LOTS of Older as well as new players trying it with newly created Alts and Characters just to figure it all out. And like magic, it could catch anyone of them and they would stick with it. But that's "IF ITS GOOD." Find a good way to monetize it and BOOM! It's fixed.

Before trying this, they need a re-haul of the current PVP system. But they MUST leave PVE and PVE POWERS alone.
  6. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

7. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Makes two new maps. Weapons only Arena, only your weapon buff should be allowed and a battle royal type arena (every dps for themselves until there’s one left standing and no teams or roles allowed you must be in dps role.
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

WoT tldr, well actually I did read it, and just seemed like a bunch of blathering I couldn't take much away from. Anyway, yeah, god forbid they take 5 minutes off the upcoming newest time capsule and the next best shiny to shove down our throats.
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

Yes drop pvp, we need more time capsules and auras! They should rename the game too. Aura (Material?) universe online.
    • Like x 2
  10. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

I don't know if this was directed to me but, if it was I'm quite lost. Also, if what my fair and equal response seemed like, lol you called it blathering? I'd call it an unwillingness to hear others opinions in it's entirety. IF this is true, you probably shouldn't be on these forums.

Another thing, IF your here simply to attack someone's post then AT LEAST add a solution of your own. Otherwise it makes you seem like a ****... Just helping you out for future references. Cheers!
  11. fm0987 Committed Player

Yea lol that came off a bit snarky. Honestly though this whole thread seems a bit blathering. There's nothing wrong with pvp really besides some imbalances and a number of things that could use fixing. You want to do open world pvp with trinkets and such, use your pve gear, that simple. There's a reason pvp gear makes pretty much no difference. It's to level the playing field. It's pretty much just there as an achievement and something to grind for. And another thing, if you enjoy pvp, why does that automatically make you "sweaty' lol. Maybe you're a sweaty pve player, idk. And people saying just get rid of pvp, generates no income blah blah, tbh pvp is probably the most fun I've had in dc. Pve is just stale and repetitive after a while. Which really sucks that the devs choose to pretty much straight up ignore one of the funnest, imo, aspects of the game.
  12. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Lol I would definitely not say that! We've got enough damn time capsules to last us a DCUO lifetime.
    I don't mean to come off as a salty a$$ but I guess my main point that I was trying to get across in my rambling was that whether you enjoy PvP or not if you really step back and take an unbiased look at it PvP by itself generates $0.00 revenue for this game so I really doubt that it is a high priority nor should it be.

Best of luck with your PvP fellas I genuinely hope yall have fun with it. But please don't be all put out when PvP doesn't take priority in this game, as it doesn't contribute much either.
    ....and please stop crying OP MUST NERF! to any and every power you are beaten by ;)
    (JK, I know not all of you do that) :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Myxo Active Player

It's pretty sad that it's taken you this long to come to this conclusion.
  14. AllanPage Committed Player

Our population on the PC dropped by 60-70% after weapon mastery was introduced. Most of the PvP'ers I knew back then stopped playing after they heard about weapon mastery and a lot more quit after it hit live servers. I honestly don't know what their problem is, they would have made so much money if they focused on making PvP better. If I wanted to just PvE I would play other games which are cheap and do things way better.
  15. Eikoo New Player

Daybreak (and especially the community) should open eyes, this game is completely stupid PVE side and it would be time to stop ... I wonder why still so many people appreciate having to pay a subscription and capsules to progress ??! seriously, I do not want to advertise other games and I take into account that many people like Comics but there are other game that deserves interest, unlike DCUO who became pay2win with very poor gameplay without any variation, everyone has the same loadout and it's sad to see ... DCUO has huge potential for a PVP game, the devs should never have neglected the pvp, it should it improves it more because the game is more and more empty and it will be worse if they continue to make us buy so many capsules and other ******** ...
    Daybreak, made of DCUO a good PVP game, well it is already too late actually ... in the end you have nothing to do with your community pvper, your only goal is to make money! it's obvious ... and you should be ashamed! Seriously close this game and make dcuo 2 ...
  16. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

dude you have no idea what some ppl are ready to do for their heroes Flash. like n o i d e a

its not even being a comics fan anymore its all about doing everything you can to roleplay your hero in the game no matter how much cash u gotta spend ....

and thats the type of ppl daybreak target with their money grab; this is going on for 5years now and is honestly feelings soooo lame