Testing T7 content at/near suggested level on Live

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Earth Sisters, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Like I promised, I wouldn't test anymore unless changes were announced...

...and changes were announced! So here we go...

Wastelands Wonderland
    me as 148 dps + 147dps

As the notes claimed, noticed a reduction in adds. And while I didn't count, it did seem there were less add-groups spawned at each boss, getting to the actual boss fight quicker... it FELT quicker, for sure, so thumbs up there. Final boss still very CC-heavy, and it was close fight: the 147 went down, and I finished him with about 20% health left. Considering we were slightly above suggested, it might need to be brought down in difficulty JUST a touch... maybe just a little less CC. But it's about where is needs to be. If there are more pressing issues (which there are), I would tweak this later.

Desecrated Cathedral.
    me as 148dps/146 troll + 138 tank +124 heal +124 dps

First boss still has WAY too much health. Took about 7 minutes to burn him down. For one boss. That is just too long.

Also, the Ally Raven is bugged in the last boss fight. She doesn't have nearly enough health, nor was she getting heals from the healer. I tried both as DPS for faster burn, and troll to keep the adds CC'd, but both ways, ally Raven dies when the hostile Raven around 25%. Brother Blood then enrages and wipes the group.

I posted a bug report here:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-2676
    • Like x 2
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Did the Troll keep up a Defense Debuff on Jared? Otherwise he has a Defense Buff that lets him take significantly reduced damage.
    • Like x 1
  3. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Did Jared as DPS. I've did it as a troll before too, with Def Debuff... not a huge difference IMO.
    • Like x 2
  4. piohh Well-Known Player

Nice thats anyone test the content with nearly the correct cr for this.

I post this Problem some days ago here
    • Like x 1
  5. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

The Demon's Plan
    me as 146 troll + 137 dps/tank +148 heal + 200 dps

Adds in last boss fight hit too hard. Tore through the 200 dps like butter. After wipe, 137 went tank. Adds still killed him and the healer once, and the 200 a couple times. Finished it by the skin of our teeth. I don't expect your typical group to complete it as is.

Bombshell Paradox
    me as 146 troll + only 2 sub-140s. Everyone else much higher, with 3 198+.

Last boss, adds doing too much damage again. 130 tank got eaten alive when the adds came out. After a couple of wipes (first one due to people forgetting/not-knowing about portals), one of the 198+ went tank. The high level tank still died shortly after the adds came out, but this time not from the sheer amount of add damage (although that didn't help), but because the blue ring aura does too much damage. I re-watched the footage, and the first tick from it dropped him under 1/2 health. He technically got to the portal intime on my screen, but a final tick of damage still ending up knocking him out. The group disbanded after that out of frustration.
    • Like x 1
  6. matth431 Level 30

Those fights seem easier if you have a troll - did a run the other day with a similar setup to you except I was 164 troll and the penultimate boss and Ra's fights were definitely easier with me trolling than as DPS, even though my Dominance is in the tank for CC. The boss debuffs really help the tank stay up and take pressure off the healer. Power wasn't much of an issue, just hit Recharge once in a while but otherwise focussed on debuffing and CC of adds.
  7. piohh Well-Known Player

@ matth431

cr164 is for this content to hight. And if you have a 1,1,1,1 with the correct cr the fight need to much time and if this grp will try feats the fight is much longer as the dlc come out. LB Fight is the biggest problem atm. The Healer cant heal the friendly Raven not so much and if he get a Hit from the Birds he lose 1/4 of life.
  8. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Please clarify the alert you are talking about. It starts like you are talking about the recent DP example, but you end up talking about Raven, thus DC.
  9. piohh Well-Known Player

Sorry my fail. I talk about Destert Cathedrale.

Deman's Plan today. I stay only as Tank and do NO dmg about I watch how they can beat it. 150Troll, 154Healer and 145Dps. In last Boss fight I take 8 Add +Boss. The adds have to much live so the Dps can't kill them before Boss hit the Gong again after 15Minutes I do DMG to so we finish it.
  10. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Blackest Knight
    me as 148 troll, everyone else significantly above

I waited for a competent group before I reported my findings. The last boss is probably the most mechanics-heavy fight in the game... I've seen entire groups of 190+ fail, even before the revamp, if they just tried to burn while sitting in a black pool of death, or trying to rez someone in said pool of death, or bringing the tethered black ball of death to the group to bring the joy of death to all...

So, finally got a group properly spacing themselves out, tethered person (usually me for some reason) bringing the ball away from group. What are my findings then? TOO. MUCH. HEALTH. Because he took so long to burn, by the time he was half health, almost a complete semicircle of death-pools surrounded the tank. So, you're choices were to:

(a)Huddle close to another person already in a sliver in between death-pools, greatly increasing the chance you both get caught in a death pool when one of you gets targeted next.

(b)Stand in front of the semi-circle of death, meaning at any minute you will get knocked back into the semi-circle of death from Nekron's knockback-aoe, and hoping you have enough health at the time to roll out before you die.

(c)Get in melee range, and risk putting a pool of death on the tank.

So, obviously, all 3 of the above are a SIGNIFICANT problem when you are only 1/2 way through the boss's health.

All the boss fights took too long, but the mechanics of the last boss fight make this a giant poop-sandwich.
    • Like x 1
  11. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

PS.
    What would make this fight much less of a nightware would have a time or number limit to the death-pools.
    • Like x 1
  12. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

After this update here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-august-17-2017.290158/

... I thought, might as well give T4 Raids a try with my T4 alt... and what I saw made me want to quit the game altogether. I tried A Black Dawn. The only good thing I can say is that you only have to close 4 hell portals now instead of 8... but the no-teleporter-after-the-first-boss problem remains.

We had a 197 dps in group. And this helped reveal the core problem that has been repeated ad-infinitum since "stats matter" came out: stat's DON'T matter... or at least aren't scaling properly with tier. The 197 almost died multiple times, especially during the last boss as (tell me if you've heard this before) tons of adds appeared and started beating the snot out of him. I was one of the last 3 standing, but eventually it was just him, down to 10% health, popping a shield and running away, waiting for cola to cooldown. He barely finished the last boss. And (tell me if you heard THIS before as well) everything had too much health. Multiple knockouts every fight... even me, and I know the mechanics (cr89,sp84 sorc alt, modded with 6ex). The raid didn't even give 2000 cash between the 3 bosses so I could recharge my generator, and instead all of it went to fix my gear.

If THIS is what a "difficultly pass" looks like, I do not have high hopes for DCUO's future.

I'm going back to my "no more testing until changes are made" stance.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Whatever the raid is the has Talia and the Hellthrall Clowns at the end went about the same for my at tier water-power alt group. We had all roles, but most were at level. The tank didn't last long, though prolly wasn't the greatest tank either, lol. We had 1 CR 199 dps at first, took things slow and got through everything with quite a few wipes, but made it. End boss was a totally different ball game, lol, mainly because you need at least 2 high level players or tanks that can survive. 1 to kill stuff/keep it busy, and another to carry the clowns to the portal. Needless to say, the high CR died many times (and the rest of us too, lol) and surprisingly quickly. They then proceeded to abandon the group.

I finally decided to switch to my CR200 fire tank and help the group out. They invited me to the last boss and had no problems staying alive at all. Told them to stay back, but they got bored i guess, lol, and all died instantly. But, finished it by putting myself over the portal and killing the adds there. The funniest part was when, after all of that, someone shouts out, "can we do the feat?" I sighed. Then was like, "yeah, fine, lol." So we actually got the No Bedtime for Bozo Feat, barely, and I saw some mechanics that were interesting.

Bottom line: it looks having support roles for just about everything (even alerts, yes, those roleless buffs are worthless at level for survival, lol), and good ones, is necessary to complete content. But, with those support roles, it's pretty easy now. So that's good at least.
    • Like x 1
  14. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Yes, that's "A Black Dawn".

Sounds like you had about as much "fun" as me.
    • Like x 2
  15. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Alrighty then. GU47 is out and time for another round of testing. This time I'm taking my actual "Earth Sisters" T6 earth dps alt. It's a whole other account, so she has less than 80 sp, but mostly modded (fully modded by end of day).

Paradox Wave (T5 raid)- Absolute disaster. Everything still has too much health, even when closing the side rooms.

Supply Lines and Port of Paradise (first T6 duos)- Fair. Takes about as long to finish as they did at level when they came out years ago.

Spark of Ion (T6 duo)- did it with a 180 troll/dps. Boss and adds took a bit long to burn, but it worked in our favor for the don't-kill-the-bosses's-adds feat.

Themyscira Divided (first T6 alert) - Felt good actually. My group was at level (me as 107dps, plus 103dps,104heal,102tank), and the bosses went down quick. Noticeably quicker than the old 3dps/1tank runs back in the day. It might have been nerfed TOO much. Pair of end bosses (Circe and Phoenix) went down in just a minute and a half. Not that I'm complaining, though... would rather have too much nerf than too little... this was the only pleasant surprise of the day.

League Hall: Security Breach (T6 alert) - enemy NPCs had too much health. Last boss took almost 2 minutes to burn. That may seem quick, but that was with me holding the nullifier on him the whole time (and beating him with it, plus my pet) while a 197 elec dps tore into him.

Act of Defiance (T6 alert) - First boss had too much health. Couldn't make it to the second boss without both groups I tried arguing and falling apart.

Artifacts from the PAst (T6 raid) - First boss, and his adds... you guessed it... had too much health. And did too much damage. Once the 104 tank went down, the adds wiped the rest of the group, and ate the 187 dps alive in around 10 sec. Group disbanded in disgust at GU74 "fix".

Love and War (T6 raid) - Actual quote from run: "What a nightmare." The enemy npcs... *sigh* yup... had too much health (and do too much damage). We had 3 over level: tank (126),heal (196) and dps(126). Considering it was only the heal that was vastly over level, and that I spent much of my time during the first boss fight doing pickups and trying to keep teleporter crystals destroyed, the ~10 minutes it took wasn't that far off... but still needs some further nerfing. After wiping once on the last boss (because some bozo summoned Carol, even tho told NOT to), the 196 left, and the group disbanded.

Summary thus far: duos and alerts close to where they need to be. Raids are mostly, currently, a hot pile of steaming garbage.
    • Like x 1
  16. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

No point testing anymore...

It was just announced that the vendor gear is going up to cr 183... I'm not even halfway done my 175 elite set. The time capsules and large amount of skill points tied up in them already started orienting the game towards the addicts. With this move, it makes achieving a full elite set before next cr-raising-content impossible without spamming replays. I can't afford the time nor the money they expect. I quit.