Test server launcher error please install visual studio 2017

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Snowy OwI, Apr 19, 2019.

1. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

the workaround is not working for me
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

which workaround did you try?
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

When you say patcher do you mean the test launcher? as in it should install it when we open the launcher? or is the patcher a different thing?
  4. Zamara Dedicated Player

Something I think I should mention is when trying to fix this I installed 2 different versions of the redist, when I figured how to make the game install the correct one I noticed it was older than one I had installed before but newer than the first one I tried so it seems like you need the exact version it installs. will check the exact version it installed later and post it here.
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

if you are having this issue try this:
    1) download the test installer, run it and it will launch the vc2017 installer before trying to install the test launcher. it will install the right version automatically.
    2) when the redist is installed the setup will continue and launch the test installer.
    3)after it's done "installing" the test launcher it will launch the game and ask for your log in info, log in and when it starts to download the whole thing again, close it so it stops downloading (the files are still there but the game doesn't know it).
    4) launch the test server launcher again and it should start to scan and detect the existing files you already had.
    5) assuming you had it updated it will show the play button when it's done, click it and it should let you in.

I'm writing this by remembering what I did but I think you can just cancel the setup of the game after the redist is installed and skip the rest of the steps
  6. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Mepps workaround
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

deleting and reinstalling the test server launcher worked for me, just to clarify i used the download link from the test part of forums, and it came back up with all files intact fairly quickly. just had a quick 50k patch to install.
  8. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Thanks i will reinstall test
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

10. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

11. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Re-downloading the game worked!
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you had trouble with the install of the visual studio redist, and haven't fixed yourself manually, please let us know if the launcher patches it down for you now.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yep. Downloaded a small patch, then it ran the VBasic redistributable, had me restart, and then the client launched.
  14. tokidokij Active Player

Is test server still down? I'm stuck on the connecting screen. I tried the workaround but it doesn't connect. I've tried to uninstall the test server but it gave me an error saying it can't uninstall. Tried to repair or install another copy and it didn't work.
  15. Wellsrage New Player

When i start the game that " error " appaer and show me 2 windows in 1 show me crash error and in the second start the game .
    i dont know why appaer 2 windows and not is only me , my frinds in game have the same problem . PC player