Tesseract's Guide to What Controllers Should be Doing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Tesseract Prime, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Scarlet Level 30

Always love reading your guides and I will always recommend them Tesseract :) No one needs to add anything here, this is exactly what controllers should be doing in my opinion also. Its all about understanding your role (which is explained in this guide) and being able to adapt to the situation.

For all that other stuff, see this ^ :p
    • Like x 1
  2. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Fo' real, B!
    Word on ma moms!
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

Good thread for beginners. I do especially like the "FAQs" because they say so much about what controlling was and what it became. ^^
    For new controllers this might be interesting looking on the ways you may play a controller and how it affects your group. Its been a long time since CCs have cc'ed. Nowadays they're power slingers and noone realizes it if you cc (exept for Mental like "Oh haha theres a funny ghost and oops theres another one..")
    • Like x 1
  4. MacFuego Active Player

No what I am saying is, It seems that when I debuff some bosses such as Bizzaro in fos2 he then begins his attack of halitosis. Same thing happens in Gates with the second boss. It isn't just me either, I have ran with other trollers where this happens, we talk, I ask them not to debuff the boss, then we move past that boss. I understand what your talking about with the timer, but this usually happens immediately after applying a defense debuff.
  5. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I can honestly say I have never witnessed anything like that. I will keep my eyes peeled in case I've been missing something.

Just to be clear, you're talking about debuffs causing the bosses to use their most powerful attacks, not the timer event causing the boss to enrage and wipe the team?
    • Like x 1
  6. MacFuego Active Player

Let me look at it again, I run with a lot of pug groups. I just ran Vengeance and it seemed to help using all my debuffs, the bosses went down fast. Usually I'm just spamming defib or recharge and, ignore the debuffs.
  7. Nobody New Player

I agree with everything about this thread, except honestly, when I run DPS, I let the controllers know not to worry about my power. As long as POT is constant, pay no attention to my power bar. The reason why is I can do my job just as effectively with my weapon, but the healers and tank can't say the same thing. One of my rotations requires about 75% of my power, which I gain back quickly with weapon combos and POT, but when controllers see this they freak out and start spamming POWER-OUT even when the rest of the group doesn't need it. Then, when the healers need power, they have none to give.

I even had a nervous controller in Oolong yesterday tell me he was doing his best to keep my stamina full, but it wasn't easy. I laughed and told him I have remixes and supply drops, keep POT up and stop looking at my bar! I generally don't power hog, but there were extenuating circumstances.
    • Like x 2
  8. Scarlet Level 30

I don't see that as a disagreement as such, it's just another example of where people adapt. Personally, if I had the power to give you, I would, even if everyone else was full power. A smart controller wont do it at the expense of the rest of the group. I run with a guy who has a similar rotation, he doesn't need me to keep his power right up, but when I do he makes good use of it and the numbers are there to show it. He adapts to the controller he has, just as much as I adapt to the group I'm in, that's what I think its all about (controllers that say they have a rotation make me cringe)
    • Like x 3
  9. Blazing Marauder Active Player

who is this guy?

and last time i checked tesseract is a wee lassy so "dude" consider you're case of dyslexia publicized

on a finishing note she doing a hell of alot more for this game and community as a whole than you are and ever will with you're dyslexic 2 syllable ignorant narrow-minded phrases

"check yo' self fool"
    • Like x 3
  10. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

How do you know how tall I am? Oo
  11. Blazing Marauder Active Player

not in the literal sense of the word, didnt mean to offend
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

i switched my hard light controller to gadget, Could you please give a gadget controller loadout.
  13. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Sticky bomb for pot, defibrilator obviously, gauss grenade is defence debuff, word of power for supercharge. This is standard for pretty much every controller supercharge. Personally I would also use Distract as a shield for rezzing other people, and the last spot vries depending on situation - intimidation for a little damage, zip pull as a pull, or another debuff/crowd control move if necessary.
  14. Ryuherz New Player

Seriously most hawe ladout for controllers who knows what they doing that cc,debuffin and doing power is important thats the ladout evryone shold hawe !!

-Pot
    -Instant power
    -Word of Power or Speed drain
    -Defense debuff
    -Heal debuff
    -Atack debuff

If you say eny other ladout you plaiyn the controller role wrong !!!!
  15. Warlan New Player

Really not a fan of the 'be a battery and give me power' attitude.
  16. Champion_Of_The_Gods Active Player

The only problem I have with the comments I am seeing above is that this is not a "Troll" guide,, it is a Controlleer guide. Big difference. Trolls are generally jerks who go around to all the enemy mission areas and mess with the new players who arent as srong as you. I would know, as I sometimes do this when I have nothing left to do for the day, especially in PvP and PvE around any area where new villians spawn in Metropolis. Controlling isway different- crowd control is one of their functions, but it also means that they controll how much Power other players can recieve, and are generally more helpful than Trolls are. Trolls are looked down upon, but any player can be a Troller. I'm a friggin healer, and I am a Troller. Although from the looks of things the idiots who cannot spell or form a complete sentence or thought must be true trollers, being d**ks to opposing factions making it harder and less enjoyable for other players. My only other comment is that DPS and Damage role are NOT the same thing. DPS stands for damage per second, and is a statistical value based on the ammount of damage dealt per second during combat for ALL roles, whereas Damage role is just that- your non-role based loadout that gets really irritating to see when there are 5 or 6 Damage roles a tank and one healer in a raid. This guide is actually informative for those of us who are trying to become better group players, and lets us understand how other roles work.
  17. Stitch Well-Known Player

A little power would be nice.
  18. Warlan New Player

A little is all I'll ever give you. ;) Use your Remix's. In fact, I only give out power because I enjoy overwriting Migraine with my turrible vit.
  19. Stitch Well-Known Player

I just figured you thought Light Blast gave out power.
  20. Warlan New Player

Wait...it doesn't?