Terror Tendrils Bug

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by FlreMint, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

Unless the description is wrong, Frost Blast doesn't work with Empowered Channeling.

[IMG]
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hmm. Maybe needs added.
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Neither does Fire Burst and Flame Cascade.
  4. Killgasm Well-Known Player

This is unacceptable. An extreme edge case with an enemy getting hit more than once next to a wall doesn't justify making the power useless in all group content.
    Either change it back the way it was or replace it with something else.
    • Like x 2
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Difference is that none of the sorcery powers that miss hits for 40k crits. You might get 4 orbs that crit 4 3k each at most and I never seen 4 crits
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Sorcery is the definition of lackluster atm.
    No variety of powers and no good 300 power cost abilities beside Circle of Destruction which is generic field AoE, which every power set has. Shard of Life and Soul Well are laughable and the rest are a bunch of low damage projectiles. :(
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

and thats why i use movement powers with my sorcery alt... well, not that front and back flipp make it any better...
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

i still am not completely sure if setup and exploit PI's are done right with mental.
    maybe if mass terror would setup terror (with DOT back) instead of exploiting
    and tendrills being a 450 power with high cooldown, exploiting terror instead...
    it may have been possible to fix tendrills without changing anything else...
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Mental's weakness is partially due to the fact that TT is calculated as a much used heavy hitter.
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

it could have been if they only raised power cost and cooldown...
    and maybe change the setup/exploit PI... but thats only my oppinion.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

question: why do i get terrorized from using mass hysteria by myself?
    is it somekind of... self hypnosis? that would explain why i halluzinate myself as giant fury...
    but to terrorize oneself might not lead to a healthy mindset. at least it seems not very helpfull at all in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

AUTOSUGGESTION
  13. CTEN Well-Known Player

So, basically this thread is saying that this power will not be fixed because Firemint used too many colors in their post?
    Why did the Dev respond like such a jerk? The power is completely broken. It worked fine before the change, so how can you say there is no in-between option?

This power CANNOT be used in ANY group content. It hits anything and explodes.
    Mental has two powers that are able to inflict terror on Enemies. This is one of them and it never reaches the target.
    You eliminated the power tree, but you also made it do the Terror interaction is barely possible.
    • Like x 2
  14. Eldum New Player

RIP Mental.
    • Like x 2
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

yeah. basicly the power did do to much dammage. why not simply raise power cost a bit? or cooldown? or make it switch from a setup to an exploiting PI? mass terror should setup terror and have a dot. let them switch and make them what they were and should suposed to be... mass terror: sets terror and DOT, terror tendrills exploits terror and has a chance to mit targets multiple times occasionaly... and while you are ad it: horrific visage doesnt work as a terror setup on 8 targets properly, it is most of the time only setting terror on one or two... fix that pls! and give mental a second SCG with thought bubble, mental needs something to compensate for multiple PI's...
    • Like x 1
  16. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

It also breaks (always) stealth if you clip into invisibilty, and can (sometimes) also get stuck on cooldown when you do . Also (bit of a hijack here) horric visage only works completely in the troll role.
    • Like x 3
  17. FlreMint Active Player

I felt the dev response was somewhat sarcastic but since english is not my first language I just decided to assume it was a professional kind of response without any kind of provocation, which is against the forum guidelines? well I'll just leave it in doubt, and maybe I am using too many colors, less colors from now on then...

(Terror Tendrils is the only multi terror applicator)

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

I have witnessed the same and confirm!
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

Don't worry, it was sarcasm for sure... However: it was the only response so far and it sayd nothing is gona change (even if it was a joke) wich is not realy making the situation any better: mental is broken. There are several bugs reported. A note that it is beeing looked at from a green name would be nice...