Tempus Fuginaut selling lowbie gear?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imaginos, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

So what level does tempus start selling gear to lowbies? I've got a L16 and he has bupkus for sale and I seem to remember being able to buy gear at that level from the mechanical vendor in the safehouses, course that was a long time ago so that's why I'm asking.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

At level 16, I'd not spend marks on gear. You will get a ton of gear just leveling to 30. Save your marks to put into things that will help you as a new character. (I assume you are not a new player.) Like the base generator unlocks, which are really expensive to unlock for the first two stages.
    • Like x 1
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I just want a utility belt :( and there's no one who sells anything except tempus forgottostockup. can't buy crap from him at all and I'm like 18 now or so. Got frustrated and irritated and logged out.

Tempus FuginautGonnaSell2U
    Tempus FuginautAbleToBeAMerchant
    Tempus FuginautOnlineATM
    Tempus FAIL.

/sigh

EDIT: Currently there is NO content for special tokens for a lowbie, unlike normal DLC episodes where you can earn stuff like wayne chips. This is pure crap.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think you get your first utility belt doing your mentor request as a reward at level 15.
    • Like x 2
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This is correct. Made a new toon this weekend and got my utility belt when I did my Mentor Request mission at level 15ish.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Yay! I'm not forgetful yet!

I helped with the testing of GU30, which was when they did the linear leveling changes to the game. I've also did a few alts since then as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I hadn't leveled a new character since pre-GU30 and boy is it better and more linear now, lol.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, it goes straight to the point. Originally, you had way too many options and I believe players were getting stuck because of it. At specific levels, you had options to do multiple questlines that sometimes took you between cities. They streamlined it to only doing one and you can always circle back to do the other 2. They also tweaked the XP earning, you really don't need an XP booster, it gives you exactly the amount you need when you complete a quest story, but unfortunately that also meant you got less from open world enemies and of course bounties. Also, if you completed the entire quest lines and go talk to your mentor and you still aren't level 30 yet, it will give you extra XP to put you exactly at 30.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To the original question, TF starts selling gear once you are post-30. The options there are a simplified/streamlined version of what you should purchase to increase your combat rating.
  10. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

There's always Doomed Metropolis - on the 'Death of Superman' perma-event "episode" (spoiler: he dies, then gets better again). Should be on your warp menu.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You get "Grains of Time" for the current DLC. Get one for free every day from Rick Hunter in Hall of Legends or earn more by doing the HOL content.

Or is that not available for under 30?

I'm otherwise confused as to why you want this.
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

By “what you should purchase”, mepps means do not
    Waste marks on this gear eaither. Run appropriate content and get your gear drops. That will raise your CR and promot you to get better gear (plus that gear is FREE and its just as good if not better).
    Source marks should always be saved for the really important stuff.
    No matter if u want a utility or if you want better gear etc, you will NEED those source marks for important things like catalysts for artifacts and other VERY important things.
    A utility or random vendor gear when your low CR is just not a useful use of your source marks. Not if u want to learn the game and be a be efit to your league and groups anyway.
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I'm sorry to say but your frustration is your own fault, as you are trying to skip ahead.

At level 18 you have no need to be in the House of Legends and especially don't need to be buying any gear. That stuff is for when you have finished the leveling process and started on the Tier/CR system.

You should only be doing the leveling missions at this point. Those missions will give you the gear that you need for what you are doing and a utility belt really isn't needed while leveling.

Looking at the age of your forums account I'm surprised that you would be unaware of how leveling works in the game.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Leveling missions that once directed new players to the Watchtower or Hall of Doom now direct them to the House of Legends.
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

You're wrong. I have a pet, orbital, henchmen and supply drop from special events and nothing to be able to equip them all.

Sadly not available under L30, or at least under L20.

Not available yet. Don't think you can access that till 25ish

Yep. And I'm testing a f2p account to see what's what. Really old one I found info on that I started a long time ago and then lost, heh.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So your not a brand new player and at lvl 18 still wish to waste marks on a F2P acct for a utility that will be under CR and outdated and replaced basically the moment u spend the marks?
    Holy smokes…….. its your marks, do as you wish

Ok, last attempt to help you play smart(er)
    I get that u have an orbital, henchmen, etc etc etc but at level 18, it does not matter. You do not NEED them and they aint gonna help u much if at all.
    As i said in previos post, your marks are wasted completely if u buy gear. Run the missions, clear your journal and get your rewards and move on. Utilities drop like candy if you just get to level 30. You are wasting marks if u buy gear until u reach relevant content because any content you run will drop gear you ill need that will raise our CR etc. being that this is an alt you should know this…….
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Lol “TF” might not be a great abbreviation xD had me laughing because i read it as something else. I know who ya meant tho ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I had wondered if they had done that. It is quite sad that they did that and adds to a question of how long until the original HQs are eliminated?.
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

No, I'm not wrong. In the leveling process there is no need to use those items let alone have them.
    • Like x 2
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Those aren't available until you hit the cr level for the House Of Legends content at cr 227.
    • Like x 1