Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Unsure if this is thread for this...but. Customization is key to each toons uniqueness. With the PS3 support being dropped...will that open up some resources to further custimize our characters? I know me and quite a few others would love to see the ability to change the color of our powerset abilities...auras...and materials. Maybe even applying materials to individual parts instead of the whole piece. Maybe it was far fetched before...but things are changing rapidly and the things that were impossible before may be possible here in the near future. Just saying.

(Oh and we want style unlocking)
  2. Megzilla Developer

Yes we will be able to offer more customization and I believe it's in our plan for next year. I don't want to reveal too much but yes it is something we are working on.

We cannot apply materials to individual channels.. It's a tech limitation (not a PS3 limitation) - our stuff just wasn't built to support that. I am not a tech person so I can't explain it very well, but it was something I inquired about in the past and was told its impossibru. I believe it's along the same lines of adding a 4th active color channel - we're built for just 3. And materials are way more complicated than a color channel. Idk, tech stuff.. bottom line is we can't. :(
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

We won't go back and adjust previous styles unless it's a bug, especially a seasonal item. Pushing newer content > tweaking older content. Best I can look into is making new stuff that kinda suits what people are asking for.

I think we are due for some new tattoos, for sure.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Shame, I could write a dissertation on the styles that have skin poking through where they should. If you make new tattooed skins, can you make versions for all three Human Skins, and not just Human Skin 02.
  5. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

any chance we can get justice league emblems with this dlc from the marketplace capsules new vender etc or a update to the emblem size
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Cool. I understand. *pouting face.... looks down... shuffles feet*

A person can dream...all good though I appreciate the response. Good to just get an answer instead of just wondering why not. Looking foward to what u guys have in store for us.
  7. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

as much as asking may get me blocked a normal non turtle necked shirt with the stalwart defender emblem size just a shirt like the NPC of superman or ultraman without the emblem but a large emblem slot like the stalwart defender
    • Like x 1
  8. FireJRStorm New Player

Over the shoulder cape please! And Bat aura!
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

For a female style, please can we have Superwoman's chest? If that's not a reward already from episode 30.
    • Like x 3
  11. Kal-L New Player

Hi Mepps I've been thinking a lot of ways the game could possibly be enhanced, one is Jet Boots for more of a visual enhancement. But for the game in general I like the new Artifacts and where it's going and I would like to expand on that with some suggestions. The topic or idea of the "Multiverse" is really prominent in the DCU and it dawned on me, in part due to the upcoming new Earth 3 content, a DCUM, DCUM VR expansion or and expansions would be really neat! For instance it could include all events running concurrently such as Starro, Anti-Monitor, Earth 3 etc. Additional graphical enhancements like people riding in the the Metro Rail, Outer space Flight, Conveyances, and The LSH. And all Survival Modes also running simultaneously. Also to increase player participation across all maps drop all of the Time Capsules randomly across the board with an added incentive of stabilizer fragments randomly dropping also with higher drop rates in the Stabilizer events. While steadily adding to the Quark Vendor. In capitulation, just some ideas I've had recently. Thank you! And Happy Holidays:)

Hi there everyone, some of you may know me as Future Kal, Gamer Kal, Superboyistic, Guardian Uberboy, Superboyish, Kal Waterbender or Kal Lee. :) The rest is history.

• Like x 1
  12. recoil Committed Player

okay so after seeing the back of the owl man head style i'd now more than ever......like to see a samurai style. the metal fringe design of protege of the inversions and owl man and helm of the furies/fury would be a good place to start on the head style and heart of the lion/last aurochs leg styles are a good place to start for the leg style.
  13. Exostorm Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Not so much a request for a specific style. But, I've been surprised for the last seven years that this type of head style was never added to the starting headstyles. Any chance that this could be possible some time in the future?
    • Like x 1
  14. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Please devs, dont tease us with the Superman Rebirth remodel without making that suit the next TC style. Would have preferred if the chest style was a reward from a Collection/Investigation/Brief from EP30 but they're probably just stuffed with Base Items again.

We've had Flash Cowls and Emblems and Batman Cowls and Emblems, but Supes missed out on ANY 75th anniversary items/rewards. Give Supes some love. Be cool devs.
  15. NotHappy Active Player

any style you don't have to pay cash for and have feat points associated with it....
    • Like x 2
  16. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

Please
  17. Django Unchained Level 30

18. light FX Steadfast Player

Could ya look into fixing this? Not sure why this chest piece looks this way.
    [IMG]
  19. recoil Committed Player

[IMG] this head style[IMG]
    and rayn kral's wings.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Yeah, that's what I figured (I did say that in my post, right?)

So....not exactly a new style per se, but if/when style sharing becomes a thing I really hope we can share unique styles that are not connected to a style feat. Stuff like the Two-Face mask from back in the day, or that Amazonian asymmetrical shoulder style from....Gates, I think it was? Stuff like that should be included.

Otherwise, aside from a Cyborg style and the other stuff I've mentioned lately, how about a Black Lightning style? He's getting a tv show sometime next year and he's one of DC's most popular black heroes. I know we have that High Voltage set from Central City, but that's not really "Black Lightning" so much as it is "Tech-y Flash."