Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'll say it again: We need a proper Sinestro Corps Uniform!

For Female Characters, you could also do Soranik Natu's variation...

[IMG]

That is all... for now. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

More Casual stuff

* open neck shirts
    * untucked business shirt with/without a loose tie - etc
    * a non superhero inspired open jacket - leather or just cotton/matte look
    * loose tank tops
    * PJs
    * decent non board short bathers for men e.g. retro 60s tight swimming shorts, speedos with a drawstring etc
    * plain baseball cap - one we can add an emblem to
    * Cool workboots/ankle boots for guys - kinda like buckaroo boots when you just wear the legs
    * T-shirt with an unbuttoned vest over it

** MY selfish big wish is a jester affection t-shirt style plain muscle t-shirt I can add an emblem to
    • Like x 1
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

So, I'm putting this here because....well, reasons.

Okay, years back when Water was first announced I rolled a new toon in preparation. Great Aqua-style name to go with the upcoming powers (didn't expect to have to wait two years). Ground out all the summer holiday stuff, the title and styles, the Atlantean Monarch armor, etc. It's one of my favorite alts, and Water isn't even here yet.

The only thing she's been missing is an Aquaman emblem (well, that and Water powers but I've been patient and understanding). So when the Week 3 reward was an Aquaman emblem, I was pretty stoked. And nothing I saw in the MOTD mentioned the binding status of the emblems and I assumed they were account bound. Maybe I just overlooked the warning, it's possible. So I grabbed the emblems on the character I was logged onto, a minor alt I barely play. I figured, this is what the shared bank is for, right?

Obviously, the emblems dont work that way. And now they're stuck in the inventory of a CR 40-something who gets fifteen minutes of game time every few months when I'm bored of my other characters. And I figure, given that the BvS emblems and the classic Wonder Woman emblem from last year have never been brought back, this won't be either.

So I open a ticket, asking if there's any way to have this mistake (my fault, I should have known better) corrected. DCUO has always been pretty good to me when I've had a problem. The answer was "sorry, but can't" and the person I spoke to suggested I post the issue in the forums. For some reason I can't post in the developer discussion threads (???) Which is why I've written this post.

So, Devs, if you're watching, you know what I really, really want? An Aquaman emblem I can trade to other characters. I mean, if you guys wanna be total, absolute dudes and re-issue the emblems to my account I wouldn't argue with that either. :) At the least, if and when style sharing becomes a thing, can you make sure the Aquaman emblem is among the shareable styles?

Sorry to take up space in the thread with a personal thing. I wouldn't be doing it at all if customer support hadn't suggested it. Peace.
    • Like x 1
  4. johoprime82387 Level 30

How about styles inspired by a couple of characters from League of Legends?

Officer Caitlyn:
    [IMG]

Arcade Miss Fortune:
    [IMG]
  5. Reaper893 New Player

I would like to see some new trenchcoats and new hairstyles and some samurai styles.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Jacob's (Lust Son) hair
    Jack's (Sloth Son) Boots
    Kyle Rayners Hair
    • Like x 1
  7. Jason Rage Active Player

RED ROBIN EMBLEM PLEASE
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Jason Rage Active Player

GLOWING BAT EMBLEM PLEASE
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Jason Rage Active Player

SMALL MEDIUM AND LARGE EMBLEM CHOICES
    [IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Jason Rage Active Player

MECH SUITS WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE AS WELL
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Papi Desire New Player

hello ...

I really love the latest updates and styles, but would really love to see larger animated wings.
    or a mecha style
    or anything linked to the new DC Extended Universe
    or anything linked to ... huh !!! that's it :3

No no wait please ... PLEASE !!!!

The Phoenix Wings !!! & Animated Siouplé thank you!

cheers!
    • Like x 1
  12. metro2k Well-Known Player

I like more traditional costumes "Tights and masks" of golden age.
    What I now do not believe is sufficient.
    It's a shame because I think it's also very easy to prepare a bundle.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Some more variants of the ponytail hair style please.

From some in-game from the Amazons/Star Sapphires and some new altogether.

Maybe an exaggerated ponytail with a tight hair tie, and a long hair extension that almost reaches the ground.
  14. Drew Ludwig New Player

Ok i know im always syaing this so maybe it will be done...A Hand style that gives you whatever color ring you for your other hand so we will have two rings on like guy gardner thats way you dont have to mess with the power set and people can actully be part of the spectrum they feel is right...WE NEED THIS ASAP GUYS everyone is tired of saying hey im a black /white lantern with a bright red or green ring you gave us all the gear legit outfits for all spectrums but we have to keep green or red rings on...?you must think that cant work aswell....
    • Like x 2
  15. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Black Solar Aura
  16. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Would love to see the Mon'el over the shoulder cape!
    AND
    New52 Martian Manhunter's waist!

[IMG]
    And ... a cape which comes together in the front when just standing there.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

One other thing.
    Must we have freckles for Youthful skin option??
    C'mon now.
    • Like x 2
  18. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Can we get the Aquaman scale mail chest piece with the necklace and maybe the belt put in the game (same as the ones on the new bust)? Perhaps as a reward for an investigation / collection.

Would be awesome if that was the Week Five gift.

Also love that trident too.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Ascended Well-Known Player

I have a completely un-founded theory we'll be seeing some new Trinity emblems around the time the JL movie hits theaters (as well as a Cyborg emblem, I'm guessing, to round out the League synergy). And if they do, there'll be a glow-y variant.

Anyway. I was thinking about some new styles that wouldn't be a huge pain for the devs. I know almost nothing about coding, but a few things crossed my mind.

Hair highlights. take the hair styles we have now. Throw a few strips through them that are color-enabled and connected to our makeup color or (like the Wonder Woman Bombshell haircut) our gear palate. Lots of heroes have streaks of gray in their hair, virtually all of the DC Super Hero Girls have color streaks in their's. Plenty of precedent. Seems like it'd be easier to make than a bunch of brand new styles and I think people would go nuts for them.

Authentic Battle Damage Gear! Take some of the older styles, the ones you don't see past CR 42, and put in cracks, rips, tears, dents, and holes. Let our skin show through. The art team has been playing around with textures in the Time Capsule gear sets so this seems like it'd fit. And it'd be kind of fun to see some older styles make a comeback with a new twist.

To go along with battle damaged gear, how about a new "Beat Up" skin style? Bruises, scars, a black eye, stitches, maybe some gauze wrapped around an arm, etc. It'd be a cool addition and fit really well for your grittier, Frank Miller Batman type characters.

Oh, and can we please get a few more face scars? We've got what, the Two-Face emblem from the Sony hack attack, and the Starro thing. I could use a couple more options for a Jonah Hex type character. Especially since I can't get the Two-Face mask on any new characters.
    • Like x 1
  20. mightyearthsage New Player

Since they did a crossover with the Justice League I would love to see some Mighty Morphin Power Rangers costume styles and maybe even possibly styles from all the other seasons.