Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I WONDER whom it could be based on? ;)
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Almost all of the styles in the last two years have been female styles ...
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

It doesn't mean there should be only male style or only female styles.

:D Excited
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

The emblem just isn't centered on tunic properly, needs a nudge down.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The chest piece itself has this fabulous space where an emblem could be but the actual emblem slot sits way too high.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Gotham Goliath New Player

Any word on those classic slimeline peices that size up our emblems? we deserve some closure on this matter we been asking for a very long time.
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Been in my bio for about 3 years now
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I want more beards.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

I have only recently been involved in this section of content (art requests), mostly on my own time and for trying to help fill the gap of Megzilla for you guys.
    • Like x 4
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

and we love you for it! :D
    • Like x 2
  11. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Not exactely a request for new style but a relevant topic still, plus i wouldn't know where it belongs to I know you won't be going back to update old styles, but there any chance we will a get refresh or remake of some older styles for example Ancient Amazon Noble and Ancient divine sorceress I know there are older styles that still need to be update more before these two but curious nonetheless.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

We do uprez old styles from time to time. Especially around anniversary time so definitely a chance.
    • Like x 1
  13. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I've noticed reason i asked is for 2 reason really 1 Ancient Amazon Noble Legs banding are annoying personally i think it should of been part of the feet style instead legs and 2 there no cloth physics is just like static there kinda kills the immersion and chest Bracers should really been the hand style. On another note. I seen couple interesting styles. On images about comics may i suggest looking at a Batman styles from the "Return on Bruce wayne" series im usually not one for iconics but it was indeed quite Unique in appearence especially in the 1st box and 3rd box.

[IMG]

I Gotta say i like Bat Helm in 1st box. I know you can Recreate some of these but a couple these one you can't. If you require a full body most i found was figurines.
    • Like x 2
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

A good 1 to uprez would be Vengeful Surgeon
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

My last encounter w meg she told me flat out that the style will never be fixed because you guys dont look backwards. Im happy that this ideology has changed. Maybe it wont be in my bio for another 3 years. Its honestly one of the best chest ever put in game. Its just sad we’ve had to go through this to get it fixed. The week that dlc came out i was told it would be in the next fix.
  16. Eve YouTuber

We appreciate you nonetheless! :D I know I do, at least.
  17. Red Raptor Active Player

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I love you...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Volle Active Player

Playing DCUO for 10 years now and still can't believe in all this time we never got - update with some regular clothes.
    • Like x 1
  19. TSketch New Player

I've tried everything to get a good comic accurate Red Lantern style (the new FANTASTIC slimlines from legion helped a LOT, even if you always have to work around some chromas' zone placements being weird).

The ONE THING that I can't get no matter what I try is a good waist style that matches, which is weird because the PERFECT style was actually part of the concept art at one point.
    [IMG][IMG]

I would LOVE to get the red lantern belt style shown here. Whoever designed those suits did an amazing job.
    That style even shows up in game on characters like Atrocitus and Vice (and while I know it's a fixed part of their models, it's also a super simple shape and geometry, so it'd be easy to make).

[IMG]

I have no idea WHY of all the lantern styles this is the only one whose belt was changed, especially since it was the most unique model-wise.
    The style we wound up getting looks worse even with the set it was MADE to go on, breaking up the really well designed shapes of the slimline, while making for a larger model with more color zones.

[IMG]

Maybe it was turned into a full waist to hide the divide between the upper and lower body? Or it was too hard to get it properly aligned?
    I know those things were real problems with implementing early game styles, and I can't imagine this decision was made for any reason other than practicality, since the concept looked so much better.
    I always assumed limitations like that are what prevented the head piece from the concept from being made.

Either way, it would be AMAZING to get a style that looks like that, or even ANY style that covers the sides of the waist but not the front and back, since there's currently nothing like it in the game..
    I looked through every possible waist style and only thing that even comes close is the speed metal style, but even that goes so far along the front and back that it overlaps the front of every possible slimline style in the game, making it impossible to get it to look like a separate piece, like with Atrocitus or in the concept art.

It might be more relevant now, since the new Captain Atom that was shown in the House of Legends livestream has a hairstyle that would be perfect for a Rankorr style if colored red (assuming that style ever becomes available).

Sorry for the long post.
    Keep up the good work!

P.S: It would be awesome if we could change the color of the lines on the lantern emblems to get a comic accurate red lantern emblem with the white lines, but I assume that's DC being weird about their IP, like with the superman emblem.
    • Like x 2
  20. EvilDeeds Active Player

We really could use some skinny slimline gloves and boots that's not attached to a chest or leg style using hal jordan for a example [IMG][IMG]