Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Owlman Earth 3 Level 30

new episodes of death metal and capsules with these styles

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

- A shoulder or back style that looks like the plants that are sprouting from Poison Ivy's back in the Injustice 2 video game
    • Like x 1
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Some batman gloves that don't go up to the elbow would be nice
    • Like x 2
  4. Fwames Well-Known Player

One thing that I've noticed in DCUO is that they don't have any native american themed styles or whatsoever. Apache Chief from superfriends needs some love too.
    • Like x 2
  5. ZoomResurgance New Player

You guys should Add in a Infrared Material like a thermal Material
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. ZoomResurgance New Player

Please add ultra Violet Lantern Phantom Lantern and Gold Lantern emblem
  7. Megzilla Developer

Not an error, sometimes different materials will just look different based on its spec properties. This isn't something we'd go back an edit, but it is good to keep mind in terms of how we break up suits with materials. I think we've used this trick a little bit to add some break up.
    Thank you for the easy to read list. Added what I could.
    yeah that WW is sick
    Something with how our cloth sim is hooked up with various gear pieces - I'm not sure if we have cloth sim on our belts. This would allow us to put loin cloths there instead of on the pants. It is something I can inquire about again, however it does require some techy r&d.

Fur cloak is on my list too :D
    • Like x 8
  8. MISS ANNE RICE Active Player

hi can you read my game ideas i posted i think it could drum up more buesness for you sorry for my bad spelling
  9. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Meg I know I recommended this before but I would really also like this Wonder Woman Circe Variant chest with the dragon instead of eagle maybe when you make a wonder woman inspired style you could make this chest as well for a collection reward or something similar? I know its a bother to keep repeating but I saw this wasn't in the player requested style thread like the drowned earth wonder woman style is.
  10. Megzilla Developer

She's on the list now; I'd love to get some dragon themed gear!
    • Like x 4
  11. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Thank you meg you rock:D
  12. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Would really like to have styles that emblems can be used. I haven't seen a cape that allows an emblem? There are like 2 shoulder styles that allow emblems. It would be nice to select an emblem for only shoulders or back. The platinum FOS survival mode chest clips half the emblem off and it looks bad even though I want the emblems on the shoulders, there is no option to select a certain piece. An even more awesome option would be to choose the location of the emblem or and or have multiple emblems in use.

I'd like a belts that allows for a long katanna or larger swords and the sheath. Bow and arrows that are on belts and not just on the back styles. If we could change the look of the weapon to reflect the weapon style we currently have saved would be awesome. If we are using the weapon can the item be removed from the holster etc. Those would be some nice cosmetic options.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hi Meg,

Is there any chance we could get an updated afro hairstyle? Something bigger and more beautiful than the launch/cc afro?

Here's a sample! (Otto Schmidt is out here making the rest of us look lazy again. :D)

[IMG]

Oh and here's another ponytail too that I'll just slip in here -- nothing to see at all... ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Can we have the aura on the essence of the fiery skeleton it’s like the fire aura but better and bigger
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Head Band with Cloth physics please

[IMG]

In addition to the Headband. I'd like a Bandolier without a shirt. We currently have the Deathstroke's menacing Bandolier style. But superheroes like to show off their hard earned muscles from time to time

The Braided Mohawk is also a desirable hairstyle while we are at it lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

mm. I was afraid you'd say that. A little sad, but not the end of the world I guess ;). It's one of my favourite newer style sets so I was hoping.

I noticed the channel assignments get wonky when there's more than one material being used in the design. It's understandable because it's impossible to anticipate how the player will want to use the design. That's when they start sharing channel assignments and it becomes hit or miss if the channel assignment will work for you though.

ie. if the style has cotton, metal and leather elements to it, it's usually fine because each material is typically using its own channel assignment (usually, but not always). But if there's say; cotton, leather, metal, and plastic(?) or even more, you have to get lucky and hope that last element will get an assignment that works for you. That plastic could end up sharing the channel with any of the other materials randomly. Dystopian amazon is a good example of that. It's a gorgeous style (I'm wearing a lot of it right now) but I've found a way to use it happily but ideally I'd like to have the stars (legs slot) on a separate channel from the metal belt (leg slot) and built-in boots, but can't do that. In that case the 3rd channel is reserved for the kneepad and straps detail which I preferred to just be the suit leg colour. SO, I had to choose. :)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The Themysciran battlesuit is the same story but with a less happy ending -- because the metal straps on the arms share a channel with the collar (and the weird tummy padding), while the metal WW chest detail shares a channel with the detail on the bracers. And the bodysuit has its own channel. Ideally, you'd want the bracers and all the metal to share a single channel so you could make it a realistic metal colour without using more than one colour slot. Or you might want a separate colour for the chest detail and bracers but then you're still stuck with having the bracer colour on the tummy padding still too. I was wearing this until Dystopian Amazon came out. :) But it became frustrating over time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I were to make a suggestion about this issue, maybe the style designers could:

1) restrict the amount of materials used in a design to 3 (1 for each channel) or
    2) keep all identical materials on the same channel. It seems restrictive but the easiest way to keep the styles use-able.

Because a lot of the time as a player if we get an awkward channel assignment like this, it's just a turn off and we don't use the style at all unless it's amazing (which is true of the more recent ones but not the older ones).

[IMG]

Anyhow, thanks for looking into this Meg. And thanks for taking the time to reply. Super appreciated as always!

18. Captain Wonder Active Player

Wings that are made of energy and disappear when not in use.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Also I don't know if you look on the accessories thread but I posted this
    • Like x 1
  20. EthanBlack Level 30

I have a few ideas. Some may be impractical, but I hope it is helpful.
    • A tornado bottom half.
    • animated tentacles, spider les, and plant vines for the back.
    • Scottish tartan kilts, and other traditional clothing from around the world.
    • Snake, spider, centaur bottom half. (Might be impractical programing wise)
    • Heads, Dragon, Venus flytrap, lion, crocodile, bat, spider, insect, and other animal heads like the great werewolf head currently available. big eyeball for a head would be cool too. lol
    • Smaller more subtle shoulder elements, they tend to be very bulky.
    • Floating detached head in the form of a skull, jack o lantern, ghostly face, brain in jar, or ball of light.
    • Wings made of ghosts, mouths, eyes, or fog.
    • New hairstyles that include facial hair options. Also, leaves for hair.
    • Creature bottom halfs that include tails. Reptile, scorpion, Devil, and shark or fish.
    I hope this was helpful, I love all you do there! I provided some images to convey my ideas. Take care. E

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4