Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. BloodIust Active Player

Readd splendid or malevolent wings(old marketplace style) or reskin them please
  2. HMBoyd Level 30

where do you get the turf crowbar?
  3. Brian70433 New Player

Would love to have the Wonder Woman skirt style. As well as Nubia's.
    More jacket styles.
    The styles have been great and always look forward to new styles as they are released.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That and the other Turf Weapon Styles drop in certain Home Turf Missions, and also in Metal Part 1 content. READ HERE for more info.
  5. HMBoyd Level 30

aight thanks man, been looking for a crowbar esc weapon for my joker toon
    • Like x 1
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I think we could use some more long, flowy hairs for guys. I have a lion themed toon that I want to have a "mane" but aside from the basic "Long" hair and its facial hair variants, there's not really much that isn't really feminine, especially since Cruel Locks get cut off with the head style I have and leaves him with just the top.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mystyfy Level 30

I'd really like to see a cape style or add on to where it becomes rigid/expand when you fly or glide during acrobatics, similar to Batman's when he glides. Maybe a movement style addition or something that players can choose whether or not to use the feature.

Also more movement styles/variants in general, those were a great addition and I'm sure a lot of players would like to see more of those.
    • Like x 2
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hi Meg!

I'm sure it's been requested already, but incase it wasn't, or not properly noted over time etc...

Is there anyway we can have the female League of Assassins chest as a variant without the arm straps, and along with that hand style variants of the arm straps on their own? Pretty please?

To be honest, I don't care that much about the chest style itself, it's the arm straps I'm interested in. The straps themselves are super cool. I can imagine a lot of players would enjoy them if they could mix and match them with other chest styles.

Current LoA Chest (female)

[IMG]

1) LoA chest (variant): only chest with no arm straps.

[IMG]

2) LoA hands (variant): arm straps from the LoA chest as a standalone handstyle.

[IMG]

Thanks for considering this as always :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

a chest piece , boots and an emblem like this
    [IMG]
    and this cowl [IMG]
    and also this cowl[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

While you wait for that, which probably isn't going to happen due to the rights to those specific Batsuit designs belonging to a DIFFERENT game development studio, have you even TRIED playing around with the styles we DO have? 'Cuz I threw these together in like 5 minutes! Style Unlocking Phase 4 helps a LOT!

[IMG]

CHEST: Beyond High-Tech (Left) or High Voltage (Right.) The only way to get an emblem as large as in that artwork is on a chest style with a built-in Bat Emblem, which leaves you with either Beyond High-Tech, or Future Crusader. For that costume, Beyond High-Tech looks better to my eyes.

LEGS: Enhanced Battle Hawk

BACK: Future Crusader

FEET: Bionic (which are now finally available in Style Unlocking thanks to the new Phase 4) but there's a couple other Foot Styles with a similar look that can work.

WAIST: Blood Bat, I think.

I will tell you that I would LOVE Bat Gauntlets that look like in that artwork because there aren't any in the game that really look quite like those.

As for the Emblem, that's similar enough to the Rebirth Bat Emblem that they won't do that one as a new emblem, it's too similar to Rebirth. And the problem with separate emblems is that most chests display them too small, as seen on High Voltage, which takes us right back to my discussion about chests with built-in emblems, and why Daybreak CAN'T give us one that looks like in that image there. They only have the rights to use Batsuits that have appeared in the comics, not in other video game projects, movies, or TV shows.

Lastly, YES, the Devs KNOW everyone wants more LONG-EARED Bat Cowls. Megzilla has acknowledged that in this thread and/or the other thread where she lists her notes of which styles she's pushing for inclusion on. Hell, they JUST gave us another Bat "Mask" with the Halloween Seasonal! Too bad it's based on the Elseworlds story Batman: Nevermore and is more of a RAVEN mask. But hey, it has somewhat longer ears! ;)
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As Jack pointed out that costume is a design from a different game, and the devs do not have the rights to make a costume based off of that. That being said, the Exobyte Origin feet style is practically identical to those boots, so you could use those. If you don't have them then they will be available with the anniversary event in January.
    • Like x 3
  12. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

I am Pointed out to the chest because i found the same chest in one cómic which wasn't about the Arkhan Saga.i understand about the cowl maybe the devs could make the original Batman to the next Batman day.i have the new Batman mask but you can't put any face style.aboutthe cowl that i show Is a from an elseworld story that the dev used the concept to create the evil Batman who works by Luthor.but any way other chest piece to have a bit emblem
  13. Brandon-richard Active Player

Since were getting a Legion Of Superheroes dlc any chance for a Superman Hair Style.
    • Like x 1
  14. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

15. Power Surge Level 30

Is it possible to make the flash cowl ears a separate style? I was just thinking it'd be sweet to have them as a face style so we can add them to any head style we wanted. e.g. eletrotastic head + flash ears would be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hi (again) Meg! :D

I'd like to make a bunch of requests today. Basically for themes. We requested these a long time ago, but I don't think they made it to your list, so here we are. :)

Please note, I'm offering the images here as samples of general themes being requested, but not as requests for specific reproductions. Many of the images are from Champions Online which has a totally inferior art quality, but they have managed to strike the right balance of tone in the styles they offer (sexiness vs practicality) and to offer their players a large variety of customization that keeps their players engaged. It would be nice if DCUO could follow this approach -- and I would fully support making styles like these MarketPlace purchases. If executed with your art team's quality each piece would be worth 50-100 coins a piece (or $4-$8 a complete set) depending on the complexity of the design. As desirable microtransactions I believe these would really sell.

Medievil
    DCUO doesn't offer anything like this currently.

- ornate / detailed (ala embroidered) chest pieces
    - fur collared shoulders and furry capes (also think Game of Thrones).
    - leather gloves, boots, bustiers and chest pieces with visible stiching.
    - form fitting styles that maintain the sexy look of the character while still being in theme.
    - some long dresses (I understand the difficulty in stretching these across legs, but maybe if they're sculpted in a flared look (see example) they'd look better?

[IMG][IMG]

Egyptian
    DCUO offers a few egyptian styles already but they're often heavily designed, typically really cover up the character body (not the sexy look a player looking for this is typically looking for when they choose it), rather than simple, and don't offer sort of iconic (or cliched / troped) styles that players will have in mind for things like this.

- pharaoh-ic headdress which shows the character's face. there's a nice one ingame but it's a full mask and hides character faces.
    - simple bra and sarong styles for female and male characters.
    - egyptian styled wrist cuffs as handstyles
    - shoulder pieces separate from chest styles for versatility
    - Egyptian style tattoos. This is an opportunity to do more tattoos in the style of the Barbarian skin that is tintable using the makeup box.

[IMG][IMG]

Golden Age
    DCUO offers only a few options in these themes but are mostly dated options from early in the game's development.

- a variety of golden age style boots that go mid-thigh, to mid-calve, to ankle height. cuffed and non-cuffed.
    - the military style chest with the flap to the side (see example, or also classic captain marvel)
    - high collared cape in long and short sizes.
    - simple cape clasps at the shoulders (like the Eternal set) and centered on the collarbone.
    - bustiers with both plunging necklines and modest above the top of the breast. (again see example)
    - hotpants with and without fishnets
    - short skirts

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Punk
    DCUO offers quite a few metal inspired options already so this is lower priority.

- simple leather and riveted belts that hang lower on the hips rather than hiked high on the waist (males)
    - variety of vests and long sleeved jackets with hoodies on the back of them. Maybe as a back or shoulder style so that players can pair them with a slimline chest or tshirt on their chest style?

[IMG]

Inner City inspired
    DCUO only offers a couple early options in CC

- baggy cargos (maybe not this baggy though -- see examples)
    - jean shorts torn and untorn
    - asymmetrical cargos
    - jerseys
    - toques and ballcaps (forward and backward) that take the players emblem

[IMG][IMG]

Arabian
    DCUO offers nothing at all like this currently.

- hairy chested skin!
    - open vests (see examples)
    - sandals and Genie style shoes (sorry I don't know what those are called -- see examples)
    - sashes and intact loincloths (all of the current loincloths have battle damage for some reason ;))
    - billowing pants, maybe both opaque and sheer. (would be amazing if they could be done in a semi translucent / sheer material that partially shows the leg underneath)
    - hats, turbans and veil (for the face) options

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

70s Inspired
    DCUO offers nothing at all like this currently.

- Number shirts
    - bellbottoms both striped and unstriped :)
    - loafers!
    - thick belts with buckles that fall on the hips not the waist. ;)
    - some shaggy hair and twiggy hairstyles to match ;)

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Could you find a post a larger version of that image so we can see what you want? That image is super tiny.
    • Like x 1
  18. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i found in dc wikipedia in a character gallery when i was looking alternative versions of batman in a character gallery from batman noe by mobile version you can expande the image an see all hte alternative versions of cowls that devs could make it
  19. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Can we have these boots with the upcoming episode?
    [IMG]
  20. Demitri13138 New Player

I'm still hoping to get a decent Catwoman mask. A head piece that works with the Catwoman goggles. Like the daring vigilante mask with larger ears, eye holes, and an exposed chin area.id even be happy with an open face cowl, as long as it has cat-ears and works with face accessories.

Also, a traditional batgirl mask. Like "the Drowned" without the eyepatch.
    • Like x 3