Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You're right, I don't know how much money they would make, BUT the Devs have a pretty good estimate, and they've said repeatedly for many years that the money they would make will NOT make it worth all the money that would be spent to do it! Just use the SEARCH box here on the forums to search "taller brute" and you'll see how many times it's been requested, and you'll see replies from the Devs. They consistently say the same thing: "NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!" Hell, just read ALL of this thread right here, and I'm pretty sure you'll see AT LEAST 1 reply to that effect from one of the Devs. This game's engine is VERY different from the engines used by other competing MMORPG games. Just because THEY can do a Super Tall Brute, that does NOT mean that DCUO can or will!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, LET IT GO!!!!
    • Like x 1
  2. Elda Mad as a Hatter

Any new fishnet styles, after all BoP did add an NPC wearing her own,

anything from the "red daughter of krypton" series, rage+kryptonian hybrid styles would be lovely

and more middle ground female styles. it seems like a lot of the styles are either showing all the skin, or none of it. casual feminine styles are always appreciated, skirts and pants and tops!
    • Like x 3
  3. DC COMlCS New Player

Ok I want to start by saying hello,my name on Xbox is DC COMlCS.I have a few requests regarding Superman’s 80th Emblem, my first request I was wondering if by any slight chance you guys can make it color change able my reasoning is because I never got a hold of the BvS emblem and also I would love to make a kingdom Come Supes its all up to you guys the Devs but that’s one of my Request. My second Request is if we can put materials on emblems kind of a second option if the color change able option doesn’t work out. Ok so i know this is stretching it and basically asking for to much but I was wondering if you guys can make a iconic Superman style as gear like in a future episode or kind of like how you guys did in Atlantis where you guys added aquamans belt,hands,and boots you could do the same for supes like add perfect boots,belt,and a proper Superman hairstyle that would be so cool but yeah. My last request Is too add a Superman style based off of the issue 1000th Superman suit I’ll even add a link to how it looks. These are my Request I’m pretty sure I can speak for most Superman toons in the DCUO community because I know it would help them out as well.

Superman issue 1000th suit: https://images.app.goo.gl/LzdYX94JqvHae5kb9
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As was announced by the Devs when they announced the availability of them, both that Emblem and the 80th Anniversary Batman Emblem are COLOR-LOCKED by Order of DC Comics themselves. It was a contractual requirement for Daybreak Games to be able to give us those Emblems at all, so NO, they CANNOT ever change that Emblem to give us the ability to customize the coloring. That's also why all of the Emblems for the different Lantern Corps are color-locked, because DC Comics imposed the same restriction on those items, as well. DC Comics even imposed the same restriction on the updated 2019 version of the House of El Warsuit Style Set, even though the original version allowed us to apply custom colors on the emblems on both the chest and cape.

All of us that missed out on the BvS Emblem Swag Bag are therefore SOL in regards to Superman's Emblem. :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

I'm on both sides of this fence. I agree, to a very large extent, but why did they make the change? Where is the original body frame? My main 'toon' is a tall brute, and was shrunk, just as the previous complaints. Again, I play along. It's merely a game. But you did make changes without my permission.

So, to repeat (and NO, I am not expecting change), why was it done?
    Secondly, do you possibly still have the larger frame and it was unstable/unusable?
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

How long ago would you say you noticed that change? I have only one character these days that uses Tall Brute (and I have one female character that uses the Female equivalent) but as it's a character I hardly use, I didn't notice him being shrunken. But if he was, I'll be mighty ticked off, because it's my version of the Hulk, and he needs to be at least as tall as what the game allowed when I created him.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Timeframe? Oh, you have me at a total loss. My toon was based off of the animated version of Bane. He was planned for when Serums were first mentioned, back story to go along, so... back in 2014? Take a good look at the lighthouse Bane we fight. He's been shrunk. Hell, Penguin's mission with Bane has a palm-sized Bane now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brit Loyal Player

Because new body types are never going to come, and I would feel like an idiot requesting one after the developers have repeatedly said they are not going to come, I have an alternative idea that I propose to resolve one glaring omission.

I would like to see a Chest slot style that gives the appearance of a fatter style body, in a basic slimline suit, with a large emblem slot on the chest.

Existing style pieces including: Headless Horseman Jacket, Pirate Hook Hand, Pirate Pegleg, Harpoon Hand, Spring Tree-man Head, Spring Tree-man Chest, Spring Tree-man Legs, Backwards Knee Werewolf Legs, Backwards Knee Hoof Legs, Minotaur Head, Reactive Battle Hands, Reactive Battle Boots, and so many more have proven that the tech does exist to be able to create a style that doesn't just cover the existing character model with a style skin, but actually removes and replaces it entirely with something of a different shape.

The core complaint which was given back during Beta for why we couldn't get a Fat bodytype was that the body would clip during certain weapon animations. I counter with the observation that my Flirty stance on my Female avatar clips with every single cape in the game cutting through my shoulder. The answer is the same as what it has always been. If a style clips, and you don't like the clipping, then don't use it. I am not asking for weapon animations to be changed to accommodate a new style. If I can shoot a bow with my harpoon hand, or hold a pistol with my hook, then I'm not going to complain that the inside of my bicep slightly passes through my chest during a rifle shooting stance. Clipping happens and it's okay.

There is no need to reconfigure the entire body. By giving it the somewhat "potbelly" or cinched-at-waist appearance of overweight, belts and legs need not be changed at all. Hands, head, shoulders, and feet remain unaffected. Back might see minor amounts of clipping, or the emphasis on the increased mass could be on the front side of the body only; I consider either one to be acceptable.

Just a normal slimline style, wider at the waist with a "lovehandles" approach, and sticking out somewhat in the front with a "potbelly" appearance, and then a spot for a large emblem on the chest.

Since females carry increased amounts of body weight in a different way, with more emphasis moving to the chest, hips and thighs instead of the waist, I remain indifferent to how the female version would be handled. It could be similar to the male one, just for a top heavy female physique, or it could be solely reserved to the midsection to give a somewhat "pregnant" appearance.

I just want to be a fat guy, and I am convinced that this approach fits within all the constraints that you have given regarding the system.
    • Like x 2
  9. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i would like to see a chest piece which give the character the phisical shape of the gotham knight but also you can show the emblem in th chest
  10. ScytheMisterNate23 New Player

Saint Walker Head Style
    Lantern Dual Ring Hand Style
    Felix Faust Chest, Waist, Hands, and Leg Style
    Two-Face Burned Face Style
    General Zod and Ursa Chest Style
    Modern Batman Head and Back Style
    Black Canary Vest and Hair Style (BoP)
    Poison Ivy Hair Style (BoP)
    Hade's Waist, Hands, and Feet Style
    Jimmy's Hair and Chest Style (with Camera)
    Lois Lane Hair Style
    Braided (Male) I wanna make my Edward Elric toon look legit!
    Hecate's Hair and Chest Style
    I'd also like more animalistic/fantasy tails like you did with the Demon Tail such as a 6 or 8 tails fox
    Avatar Mask style so I can see my dreads on my Yautja toon
    Wonder Woman's Lasso
    Dual Wield back style that tilts in the same direction like the Witcher!
    More Scythe Styles. Possibly, a back style.
    • Like x 2
  11. Stanley53m New Player

I would like to see a House Of El time Capsule with different Superman emblems such as the new 52 and the Rebirth Superman/Supergirl emblems, that would be a benefit for the new players that missed the previous emblems due to the limited time they had. If you guys taking that Time Capsule idea into consideration, you guys should also add a heat vision face style that looks exactly the same as wat Superman has when you play as him in legends matches, add a kryptonian material and finally a superman inspired gear style.
  12. Stanley53m New Player

A Rebirth Superman/Supergirl emblem. Would be great for the new players that have made Superman related toons and saddly weren't there to get the old ones due to the limited time they had. We had alot of Batman-emblems and the most purchased and used batman emblem is an unlimited one that everyone can get in the broker or in the Vendor near Booster Gold in the Watchtower or In the Hall of Doom, all that makes me wonder one thing: WHY IT'S NOT THE SAME WITH SUPERMAN EMBLEMS?? We should get as much Superman emblems as Batman emblems and an unlimited Superman emblem just like Batman's.
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

These cybernetic implants. Just to be clear, I don’t mean the tubes as well. I just mean the implants. Probably as a hairstyle, since you’d need to be bald anyway for them to be visible.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Here is something simple and would look real good. Take the Astro-helmet and remove the ear appendages and center forehead light. Smooth out the texture and make it a new metal helmet. Also another idea. Allow materials to be divided up upon an article of armor like regular colors. For example shimmer material bottom half of chest, dark shimmer for top half.
  15. Stanley53m New Player

A Rebirth Superman emblem. Would be great for Superman's birthday or for the celebration of the Sydner Cut.
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    (favorite for the right armor, impressive in the movie.)

I would like to have Atlantean armor in this shiny armor/metal style, rather than a tight semi-combination frankly not great and no more Atlantean "helmet armor" type head (which is cruelly missing as in this style of picture the head visible through the helmet would be so cool to have in DCUO, the movie still came out with great ideas for Aquaman's universe.
    • Like x 2
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I want those helmets. I bet I could make everything else work if I just got the helmets.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There are technical reasons why only Non-Playable Characters have transparent helmet glass, but the game already has a number of "open face" helmets with NO glass that can be made to work for your Atlantean armor. As for armor that doesn't look metallic enough as-is, that's what all of the numerous Materials are good for! By applying a Material, whether regular or Chroma, you can take armor that doesn't look very metallic, and make it appear a lot more metallic. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I would like to be able to put a subject on my character, but to find the names and especially to have the overview before buying bah....

That's the point that I find really annoying on DCUO is the lack of previews on some stuff or material !!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I understand how you feel, many of us have felt the same way. But what I've found is that, luckily for all of us that play the game, you can usually find at least one preview video on YouTube for every Style Set or Material in the game, as well as still images that you can find with an Image Search on either Google or Bing. So, although I agree that the game should give us the ability to preview everything in the game, at least we can all turn to our Google-Fu and find previews that way. :D
    • Like x 1