Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Arkage New Player

The characters from Sandman. I need several styles from them. But number one would be Dream's or OG Death's hair style. Spiky is horrible and there's just so much materials can do to fix it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Arkage New Player

Here's an expanded wishlist. I didn't see an edit option on my last reply...

Full Styles:
    Sandman characters (Death, Dream, Lucifer, etc…)
    Miss Martian
    Watchmen Characters (Rorschach, Niteowl, Sister Night, Looking Glass, etc…)

Hairstyles:
    Fuzzy haircut like Death or Dream from Sandman.
    A haircut like Ramona Flowers but less curly. (Long bangs, long on the sides, short behind the head)
    And seriously all basic hairstyles really need a revamp.
    More hairstyles with bangs
    A decent ponytail hairstyle would be nice too.

Skins:
    Configurable second shade (some skins have a built-in color to get more out of the existing skins. It would be nice if we could set that color too. - example: Chrome has a very dark base color, the new human skins have a beige color in the texture, the demonic parts of the demonic skin are very dark and can't be made light)

Like some said before; Apply materials to skins.

Select skin features independently. (Face, body hair, texture, tattoos, scars, makeup, etc…)

Revamp the other skins too. Some look ridiculously ugly and I barely ever see people use them.

Head:
    More choices of horns. Two things I want:
    1) thin oni horns that start at the top of the forehead. (The slick ones. No spiral. Like the ones on the female kabuki head style)
    2) horn styles with one horn broken.

A female version of the male kabuki head style.

A decent Kabuto without a mask.

Face:
    More masks like League of Assassins and Kabuki.
    Oni mask

Chest:
    Sleeveless vest with a ankh choker and a tank top.

Hands:
    Arm warmers
    More one side armors
    Samurai forearm armor with fingerless gloves on the left hand, gold bracer attached to a silk or fishnet fingerless glove on the right hand

Shoulders:
    One side layered shoulder armor that covers the arm down to the elbow.

Back:
    Something to make your character more bulky. Like a hunchback or a large werewolf.

Waist:
    More angled belts like "plague doctor".

More belts with weapons attached to them like

Shim'tar. I'd like some with things like a whip, a gun, charms, stuff to hunt creatures of the night…

More styles like druid but that looks more like silk and that falls more naturally on the hip.

Legs:
    More choices of long skirts, robes, loincloths, kilts etc...

Feet:
    Shin guards (never got why the NPCs get to have them since day one but not us)
    Lace Sandals (I don't want to HAVE to use Amazon Noble legs+feet whenever I want that in my design)
    Stirrup thigh high stockings

Emblems:
    Enhanced Ankh (and all basic emblems really. But Ankh is the one I want to most. Could be a special Dr Fate one...)
    Ability to change where the emblem is displayed

Style Updates:
    Other skins
    Large wings for women. Especially glimmer/glittery/sin. It's insulting to get proportionally smaller wings. Especially since the first thing the game does is tease you by only giving you "small bird wings" then while the men do get imposing bigger wings that when folded almost touch the floor, you only get prettier wings of the same size as "small bird wings" which only reach to your knees at best.

Maybe give a wingspan option somewhere? I bet some people would love to make huge bulky male characters with tiny wings.

Auras:
    Auras with customizable colors. (And really, it would be nice if this was applied to existing ones too)

Materials:
    Neon material (like neon chroma but not restricted to one color slot)
    More materials with customizable colors. (And possibly make existing ones customizable too)
    Materials with customizable colors per color slots
    Set materials by color slots -- not by parts.

Weapons:
    Bastard melee weapons. Currently two handed weapons are like this huge club movement style and one handed has a very pirate-y feel to it. It would be nice to have an elegant in-between. Something more suited for a Jedi, a Samurai or a Gladiator. A swifter two handed style that alternates between one and two hands. Most weapon styles designed for two hand, one hand and dual would work well with this without much change.

A kanabo style (for one handed and two-handed -- and Basterd melee, if it ever makes it in the game). I don't even know why there isn't one in the game yet. A long spiked club.

Miscellaneous:
    Make seasonal event styles redeemable on other characters on the same account.

Neck styles. Necklaces, collars, chokers, scarfs, cybernetic augments, charms, etc… I've always been frustrated that the equipment part didn't come with styles. Could be accessories??

Style slots for body parts like horns, tails, paws, etc… Maybe move them to accessory and allow more than one??

Set arms, shoulders and feet styles independently on each side. If possible do the same for other styles (ie: half mask, wings of different styles, skirt on one side - armor on the other. Chest styles could be broken in 3: center, left arm, right arm)

Option to invert styles horizontally. Asymmetric styles need this the most, obviously. Some haircuts, hand styles like phantom zone reaver could be made to work with any one side shoulder. An easy fix would be to duplicate all asymmetric styles with a "mirrored" mention after them.

Make Body Builds into styles. (Allow characters to change shape and size between armories. Not gender locked - unequip incompatible styles after confirmation)

Make gender-locked styles not gender locked anymore (a lot of hair styles would look great on the other gender yet most of them are gender specific without any good reason)

Make facial hair into a different style slot. (Even if the style are just one model/texture in the game, it shouldn't be the player's problem)

Power customization. Would allow us to change the colors of the powers and possibly their style (fire effect on water powers, for example - but that might be too much work depending on how things are coded right now) to create new powers with existing ones (without developing new ones) AND allow people to make characters with power rings other than green, yellow and red. You could have green fire. Water that looks more like mud if you want to make a character like clayface, or red to look like blood. A speedster could have red lightnings like Zoom. The possibilities are endless. The important thing is to limit the range of colors available to make sure powers are visible at all times and make sure the status effects are obvious to everyone.

Style menu changes ideas:

Combine style, colors and material menus into one.

On the top of the screen, choose colors and materials.
    Then all parts have a row showing the current style, colors and materials.

Press a button to add/remove style from favorites. --option to only show favorites - or list them first.

"Apply to all" button by context
    apply style to all, if available (let's say you selected "combat protocol" on head, pressing that button would apply "combat protocol" to all that parts that have this style available)
    apply color to slot X on all parts
    apply material to all

Next, something huge and game changing:
    Allow players to pick powers from other available power sets, just like they pick iconic powers, using skill points. Some nerfing might be applied for those powers or all powers could be made to be balanced.
    Drop limitation of roles. Since you'd have access to powers that fit other roles, it would make sense to allow you to play those roles. That would potentially fix some issues concerning groups not having anyone to even cover for a missing role in instances.

Note for the devs: While money might marginally be lost on character slots and power respects, a lot more would be made on inventory space (full equipment for 4 roles), armories, artifacts, etc… It'd be less scary for most players to try a new role if they don't have to start a whole new character from the ground up.

Drop the toughness stats. It will give more appeal to try PVP if so called "PVE gear" works mostly the same (save for things specifically banned in PVP) And PVP players won't be able to complain that their gear stopped at lvl90-something.

Make old styles that were removed from the marketplace free or available from a vendor for in-game cash or yet just add them to the vault or the prometheum lockboxes. It was a slap in the face you gave to a lot of people when you used splendid wings on Dove to showcase her new mask…

Episodes:
    Batman Beyond / Justice League Beyond timeline Episode
    Sandman Episode
    Legion of Superheroes Episode
    Watchmen/Doomsday Clock Episode
    Darkseid invading earth (a glimpse of his true self would be awesome too!!)
    Star City Episode
    Young Justice Episode (There's already a lot of Teen Titans content. Let's see what the other "sidekick team" can do!)
    New Amazon episode with an Open Word Themyscira map

I can only wish but since it's coming in the comics, one can hope: Marvel Crossover!
    • Like x 1
  3. Arkage New Player

Oh another idea that's been on my mind for a while was about sidekicks. The ones we have are mostly useless and look embarassing. It'd be nice to be able to use one of my other characters as a sidekick instead. It's CR would be clamped to X CR under mine and its behavior would be influenced by its active role and loadout.

To the dev: a good reason for players to buy more character slots. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and I’ve never applied material to spiky but I’m sure that’s also a yes.
    • Like x 1
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A good idea. My only problem is the stress people like me would have coordinating outfits. I mean, my main right now is dressed as the Question while my primary alternate is dressed as Elijah Snow and my secondary alternate is dressed as Battle Beast. I mean why would Vic go to those people for help?

But putting aside my stresses about coordinating outfits, it’s a good idea and I’m behind it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ascended Well-Known Player

I really like the idea of some "slimline mask with hood" options. Just layering the character creation stuff on top of each other would be enough for me. And Azreal, he's definitely on the list of styles I wanna see, his 90's design was awesome.

However it's done, more mask-n-hood styles would be welcome, we don't have very many.

Anyone read Naomi? That was a really cool design aesthetic I wouldn't mind seeing in this game.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

How about jackets and coats as back styles?
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

I would love to see Black Lantern Iconic styles. Wonder Woman, Superman, Donna Troy, etc. Like Wonder Woman's Tiara with the Black Lantern Emblem, the suits with the emblem's pointer, etc. It looks so epic and feels like we missed something back then with Blackest Night story.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brit Loyal Player

Okay, I'm going to get crazy here for a second, and try to make something work that we have been asking for for almost a decade and were told was impossible.

We know that gear can remove or replace the default rigging model of the character. For example, Headless jacket, Hook hand, Harpoon hand, Reactive gloves/boots, Pegleg feet, Spirit of Nature thinger (including a massive hole right through our chest), Reverse Knee Wolf feet, Reverse Knee Hoof feet, etc.

It is fully possible for a style piece to not just cover the default body, but also to replace it.

What if we made a chest piece... that was fat. Just a potbelly style appearance, wearing some default Slimline spendex style, with a space for a large emblem.

Yes, it would probably clip with other styles on the body at times. So what. Flirty Female personalities have every single cape in the entire game clip through one of their shoulders. There are hundreds of combinations of styles that clip with each other. We can use a hook hand to draw arrows from a quiver and fire a flurry shot on a bow. Every single pair of wings in the entire game is mounted so that when we fly, they are 15 degrees crooked. If a style clipping bothers a player, they don't use it, same as anything else.

It doesn't have to be extra wide, in order to be full-blown obese like Titanic Trenton or Mayor Gordon. I am talking about just an on-the-front potbelly style appearance. One that makes the character look slightly more like the athletic version of fat, or possibly works for a female character to be pregnant. No need for fatter arms and legs and rear ends. Just a belly. One style, on one slot, that could be selected if the player wants it.

Given a generic Slimline covering with a large emblem slot, so that it can be mixmatched with various pants, boots, gloves, and capes to provide many possible versatile looks for an overweight hero.
    • Like x 1
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i like the idea, but to make it look convincing you need to go wider in terms of chest shape or it would look, like your male character is pregnant.
    They could hide the belt so that this is at least not clipping (like the Kryptonian Medico chest does).

But if they can make it work i'd appreciate it.:)
    • Like x 1
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

I need the new Huntres NPC model hood with hair available for our characters.
    Its fine if it just comes with that hairstyle, I know making a hood compatible with current hairstyles would be too much work.
    Been asking for it for years now!
    • Like x 1
  12. Robot Savage Level 30

A cloak that covers all across your body , like the one batman sometimes wears[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Not so much a costume but anyway...

Floating idle styles for flight users. There's currently just the power pose type idle, but it'd be fun to have others to play around with.
    • Like x 1
  14. DinahLance Level 30

This style!!! Her costume,her hair and a new face style with make-up on!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  15. Arkage New Player

Yes! I never use the hoods because they make my characters look bald!

That would be great. In fact having a style menu for poses would be nice.

You could choose base pose, flying pose, and which version of the emotes you want.

It would be great for the armories because changing form would also allow you to change how your character acts. Changing from flirty to aggressive depending on if in your normal form or your full combat form.

Just that last part would be pretty simple to implement. Just add personality (and body type PLEASE) to the style tab.

I love the idea! I was pondering about that myself! In fact it would be nice to have a "facial details" style tab with makeup, scars, eyes size, facial hair, and various other things that can only currently be changed by changing skin.
    • Like x 3
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

i realize i have brought this up many times in the past, but i was wondering if female characters can start getting large wings that nearly touch the ground. nearly all winged backstyles have been super smaller when compared to the male styles feel like they are 40% smaller between genders. i'm not trying to look cute. i'm trying to look intimidating and powerful for the next raid boss.
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I’m no expert, so I don’t remember exactly how Megzilla described it, but the wings automatically scale. It was more complicated than that and of course there was more to it, but I don’t remember the rest of it.
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

there are back styles on female that are extremely huge. i begged for larger wings of sin after cracking open endless time capsules for the rare collections to get it. the response i was given was that they felt smaller wings on females and that they don't go back to old styles (although i made the request a week after the time capsule was released). i figured i'd make a plead for reconsideration all these years later.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh I agree that it would be nice if some extra-large wings went out for female-characters only. Just same style as a previous one, but extra-large.
    • Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

or have the option to get them as an enhanced item... tagged as large or as a brand-new style. marketplace style... vendor exclusive dlc item.. anything. take my money.