Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I had a random thought while I was updating my Garden Base. I've pushed for Legionnaire Embl...I mean, robot heads that work similar to the skull or vampire, just clearly a robot head. An expansion on Servant of the Grandmaster face.

However, I don't think I've ever asked. Could we just get robot hands and robot feet?
    I love the robotic arm, the reactive gauntlets. I also love the reactive legs as well. However, what if my robot wants to channel the spirit a certain group of adolescent radioactive reptiles and wear a trench coat. Wouldn't it be great if there were robot hands sticking out of the sleeves and robot feet out of the pant legs?

If anyone at all has an opinion, positive or negative, feel free to comment on wether you agree or think it's stupid and I should just give up now. :)
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree with Shriek so hard that I un-liked just to click like again. I know it didn't increase the vote, that just moved the vote down then back up. But still, I had to vote twice.
    • Like x 2
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I completely agree. I would love LoS v Fatal Five. The Legionnaires are fans of reckless time travel, so why don't they come to the past to visit only to discover the Fatal Five followed them?

And for B, while I would I love to explore whether we have saved the future and are getting our multiverses version of Terry. Why not introduce Hypertime? That way we can explore any potential bowl?
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Completely agree. I get the point of Booster Bundles are one-shot opportunities but when a new Booster Bundle comes out, why not put previous Booster Bundle prizes in the marketplace or the second chance vendor? Preferably the Second Chance Vendor.
  6. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

While I think Megzilla is really talented and most of the styles she does are really good I have several questions:

Meg, do u have any issue with our character models chest size? It surely looks like there is a trend going on with your styles and our female characters look like they are bandaging their chest and/or compressing it.
    I have been noticing for years now and I would like to know why.
    Exobyte Origin causes me nightmares, in example.

Also, I see why some styles dont have heels or are bulkier than others, not very fitted, non femenine or generic... but it would be refreshing if from time to time (once a year maybe?) we get a design specifically for women with heels, fitted and slim.

The previous DLC had a massive missed oportunity with Zatanna's boots, actually very cool and beautifully developed and it could have perfectly included.
    Also it felt like a missed oportunity not to release Fate's helm as it is absolutely iconic and the one existing is a nightmare and ugly.

In regards of some style reworks and missed opportunities:

Aqualad skin was one of the most beautifully done skin ever in this game. It would be awesome if we can achieve it eventually, somehow, somewhere. It is extremely cool.
    The same goes for both Constantine and Zatanna, their skins are fresh, cool and awesome and most of us would love to have them.
    Wonder Woman really needed an update but seeing how well done is Zatanna it feels Diana was unlucky and she got way too manly features, this might be because she is suposed to be inspired in Gal Gadot, right?, yet it would have been better if she had a more delicate features, she can be an amazon without having Batman's chin/jaw...

There are plenty of relevant and modern women hairstyles to still get released in this game:
    A long ponytail
    Whisper D'air or Batwoman hairstyle
    Two long braids (one at each side)
    Medium/Long hair pulled back with an hair ribbon or tiara

And regarding new styles:

Enchantress (Rebirth) is waiting patiently
    Circe (Wonder Woman like style)
    Hecate powered Wonder Woman
    Starfire and her multiple styles yet to appear in-game
    Bronze Tiger
    Andromeda/Mon-El costumes
    Superboy (Conner, Current YJ series)
    New Doctor Fate style, similar to Shazam's rework, maybe his JSA costume?
    Arsenal (Roy Harper)
    Robin (Damian)

This is my contribution :)
    • Like x 3
  7. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

So with the new Batman shirts and the example pictures given on the DCUO website... it's a glaring difference in quality in textures/models between the new shirts and the pants/skirt used. Could we get redone models for the old Jeans, Cargo Pants, and "Wall Street" skirt to go with all the newer more detailed looking items, please?
    • Like x 1
  8. X13-KING Well-Known Player

I greatly appreciate the effort and your enthusiasm! :D
    When I was coming up with this list I first thought of Mr.Freeze and Blight, but they both had some issues.

Don't get me wrong, Mr.Freeze is one of my most beloved Batman villains and the suit he wears in Batman Beyond is easily one of the best he's ever had. That being said, like Bruce Timm, I did not want to fall for that "easy trap" of Beyond versions of Wayne's villains. A trap that I'm kinda sad to see the comics have fallen for. Making Beyond versions of Catwoman, Scarecrow, and even Hush. So in the spirit of the show I chose not to suggest Mr.Freeze.

As for Blight, well...He never wore any kind of costume. The only time I've seen Blight wear something other then his usual business suit was some kind of hazmat suit that was not a good look for him. In short not really enough there for the Devs team to make a full armor set. Now a skin style, an aura, and maybe some kind of accessory based on Blight would be epic.
    • Like x 3
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree with those decisions.
    Also, the Beyond version of Scarecrow I liked. Not wild about Matt being Robin, and felt kinda ripped off that we never got to see what Creeper looks like after 35 years. But neither of those effect I think the new Scarecrow was good.
    But I do agree they should balance creating and using new villains with bringing back old ones.
    • Like x 3
  10. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

If that were the case, then many people would just wait for them to be rereleased in a non-random fashion and not gamble $10 each try.
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

I hope for this upcoming Anniversary event they release Hexagon costume, same way they released the Fracture style.
    It would be nice for a change that we get a female, ninja inspired costume with dual katanas as back style. Long overdue!
    We havent got ninja / asian styles in ages! Also we still lacking the dual katanas, even if we got 2 Deathstroke inspired costumes...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Its funny those styles and characters from beta, more than 8 years old look so nice and sharp and use more than 3 color slots. They look like they were released this year!
    I been asking for Hexagon costume since launch, I guess its never going to happen ...

I would also like to have a long straight hair with bangs, long ponytails (Artemis), Batwoman /Circe new hair (its the same). I want a new hairstyle pack!
    • Like x 4
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A lot yes. But not all. It would still be profitable from people who want it now and those people who realize even without the bonus item it’s a good deal.
  13. an81angel Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    ^^^ Shirt and Gloves ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Harley's hair and suit ^^^ Ivy's Gloves and Suit ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Harley's Dress ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Ivy's Hair ^^^ Catwoman's Boots ^^^ Harley's Boots ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Killer Frost's Boots, Gloves, Hair ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Amethyst ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Amethyst's Shorts, Shirt, Belt ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Amethysts Boots, Skirt, Bracers, Top ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Belt, Top, Skirt ^^^

[IMG]
    ^^^ Belt with mini Cape ^^^

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. an81angel Well-Known Player

Next Halloween can we please get a cat costume (not a cat skin)?

Head style - Cat Ears
    Back Style - Cat Tail
    Hand Style - Fur Trimmed Cat Claw Gloves
    Feet Style - Fur Trimmed High Heel Boots
    Leg Style - Shorts with Fishnets
    Chest Style - V-neck with Neck bow

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. an81angel Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    I know fishnets are not easy because of how the body moves - it can look stretched out in places - but I think when paired with everything else it would be a really cute set. Thanks.
    • Like x 3
  16. speedster1981 Committed Player

It would be really cool if they would make Trench Coat , Leather jacket, Leather vest, Jean vest, Duster , in fact all jackets into accessories so that we have more of a variety for our styles and that way we are not stuck using the shirt that comes with it and instead can use the chest style we choose.
  17. Hero Alpha Well-Known Player

I would love to get chest and legs as player styles of Legends New 52 Bat suit, just without the bat symbol. They are already in game so should be pretty cheap/easy to add, I imagine. Actually a few of the NPC and Legends suits would be sweet looking with the iconic chest emblems taken off. Any new "tights" classic type style chest and legs are always welcome. Just put some lines in them like title one Im asking about.
    • Like x 1
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

sicne we're doing dark knights metal anyways, any chance we get barbatos' hood and cloak wings combination?
    [IMG]
    possible elite version
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Glowing Pupils that Kryptonians have and we can color
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

Works for Starfire too, as long as it takes the eye color from the palette.