Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

So... basically the largest Brute size this game originally started with? That is, until they changed quite a bit of the graphics.
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

I wish the art team were more creative, come with new ways of customization, release variants of the same style much like they used to do with some PVP styles.

Specially they should keep track of what we have plenty and what we lack. Examples:
    We have plenty of: hoods, tactical belts with pouches, capes.
    We lack: hoods with hair, hoods down (Shazam!), belts with loincloths, jewered belts, asian and ninja stuff, katanas as back style...

Just an example of what I mean. They released the Shazam! TC. But instead getting Shazam! hood down like the iconic model we get ANOTHER HOOD. We have many. And no hair AGAIN.

So instead of getting this:
    [IMG]
    We got his. Again. Another basic hood... and of course with no hair.
    [IMG]

Come on. At this point after 8 years we should be getting specific styles we dont have yet, not more same old stuff. We have Raven hood, magical hood, hood, hood with runes... please do your research.
    • Like x 6
  3. Marrow Active Player

We desperately need more modern hairstyles. Everything looks like it was plucked right out of a 1940's discarded hair pamphelet and it hurts. Bring in stuff like TT Jinx's hair, or some more 90's-2000's feathered hair would be alright. And definitely update the unlocking of styles for older characters to make it more up to date with the content we currently have, we're missing like 10 episodes worth of gold.

Maybe officially bring in the Adeleine Moone sketch design for the hair and new skin type now that a DCUO player's character has been remade by an official DC comics artist while we're at it?
    [IMG]
  4. Anri Myst Active Player

How about some crop tops [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Vantabat New Player

My main is Batgirl 2 inspired, so would like a glossier outfit to better match Damion Scott's run. I recently got the Aeronaut feet and the shinguard color is what I'm looking to try.
  6. R Reaper New Player

Mordru Shoulder Style?
    • Like x 2
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

Has anyone suggested Naomi's costume? She's from the new mini by Bendis; the back issues are going for a lot on the secondary market and there seems to be a lot of positive hype around the book. The sales are even increasing as the issues go on, which is unheard of.

More to the point, she's got a really great design that this game could totally work with.

Also, because I always try to request these----

Mr. Terrific's mask, or better yet a whole style built on him (a T-Sphere accessory would be sweet too, though this isn't the thread for it).

Jonah Hex's scarred face.

Trigon's four eyes.

Emblems for Cyborg, Darkseid, Deathstroke, Nightwing, and Robin.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

Hey look, my old post from 2015. :D

Come on, DCUO team. Future Wonder Woman! I still want that single thigh guard like you wouldn't believe.

[IMG]

The boots, the single upper arm guard, the sword, the shield, the waist... the everything! I know the boots here are pretty much just the Hera's Strength boots, but those are rather bulky and they could use a touch up. My, if you could slim down the boots, the way they're pictured here, now that would be perfect. I'd lose it for this style or for a combination of this armor with the new feature film design WW.
    • Like x 6
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

One thing I have obsessed with is creating a true robot. My program just isn't satisfied inside the body of an android, no matter how realistic these new skin styles are.
    However, even though I've been grinding so much about a head style that shouts "robot" and not "head with metal plating" or "helmet head", I found myself today wanting to know if we could have a robotic leg.
    I know we have reactive robot legs, which are cool and I wish we could get an entire outfit with that theme, but I am thinking more like the robotic arm only a leg.
    It could be at the knee, with a boot on the other foot, that is designed to resemble a robotic prosthesis.
    Or a pant style where the entire leg is robotic. Like a pant leg on the right/left leg and torn on the robotic leg.
    A big part of me wants the robotic leg on the right-side, to match the robotic arm, for a Tharok feel.
    An equally big part of me wants the robotic leg to be on the left side. That way it is not just right-down-the-middle.

My defense for why we need this? We have a bionic head piece, Servant of the grandmaster face plate, Robotic arm. What's left for the cybernetic-organism-theme other than a leg?

I mean, what does this cyborg need? Well...a face so they look less "serial-killer-ie", but what is the second thing they need? a cybernetic leg or foot.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Having the mammoth facial style would be really awesome or just some new hair style/beard in general would be great and for costumes the batman who laughs would be epic!
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Your wish has just been granted (after a fashion) with the new CHROMA MATERIALS in the Brand-New BOO$TER BUNDLE that's available NOW for a limited time! :D
  12. Inspo Active Player

What about plain hats in character creation? I know that sounds like a very small thing, but we have t shirts, jeans.. Why not sunglasses, different styles of hats, etc? I know we can get things like that throughout the game, but why not make them accessible from the start? They are such basic styles that they should be accessible right away
  13. Anri Myst Active Player

How about a long ponytail like Artemis has, and a braid version thats about half as wide as the warrior braid.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I don't know if it was at the result of my requests (i asked for a couple of mon-elesque cape buttons slid in as a shoulder style as a means of covering up some of the bleed issues that occur when pairing certain cape and chest styles) but the eternal champions shoulder style is on point.

pre

[IMG]

[IMG]

really helps pull together her look.

thanks!

an idea i've been toying around with is something i've been referring to as "appliques". pretty self explanatory appliques are little patches you add onto existing material as a design element. in game terms appliques would be additional emblems and symbols placed elsewhere on the body. I know this would be tricky to pull off. Not all styles are cut from the same figure. there are variations even in slimline styles hence "slimline appliques". for example you could have a slimline applique/flash emblem left shoulder, bat tattoo lower back or star burst left leg. The point to these like emblems they can be used over materials. it would give us a means of further customizing how we use our all over materials. Additionally they could be used on styles without materials and it would be nice if we wanted to we could apply a material to them as well. In this case you could use a phoenix applique over a void material chest piece.

more ambitious would be "cape appliques". same idea as above only formatted to work on capes. these could offer up some border detail or provide emblems and symbols for the back center of a cape.

finally we have our "style appliques". specific items created that dont really fit in anywhere else. this would be things like amulets or necklaces, earrings, some hairpieces, collars, shoe details...

i know its not as easy as snapping your fingers but if something like this could work in game i think it would be a hit.

outside of that i agree with everything on this page: artemis ponytail, more crop tops, a little out of the box thinking for our next batch of emblems. i want a dragon mage/ iron fist dragon tattoo/emblem, some new lightning bolts, star patterns, spangles, a big comet streaking across the chest, a dramatic golden age flash lightning bolt...
    • Like x 1
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

...and with all the requests for more female styles perhaps suggesting a "DC Super Hero Girls" inspired tc could be a great way to slide in lots of requested style pieces via Bumblebee, Katana, Jessica Cruz and the usual Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn and Batgirl...
  16. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I want a Gun style like this and that each gun can have a different color:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

My usual drowned earth wonder woman request
    [IMG]
    Wonder Woman's new tiara from in game
    [IMG]
    The mew ingame tiara with witchmarked design
    [IMG]
    Devastator skin and spines aswell as doomsday spines and tusks and skin
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Trigon antlers four eyes and demonic skin
    [IMG]
    Superboy conner kent rebirth
    [IMG]
    Wonder girl rebirth
    [IMG]
    Jon kent teenager
    [IMG]
    Batman who laughs
    [IMG]
    Batman the merciless
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i would be very much interested in seeing a merciless style, especially if they isolate the loincloth and chains to the waist style. oddly enough i can't think of any styles in game with chains attached outside of the hell beast head we got a few halloweens ago and the main man hand style on one side. but i could definitely use the dangling chains and loin cloth waist combo and the prison version of trigon's horns.
  20. Eve YouTuber

[IMG][IMG]

Grail's costume please.
    • Like x 5