Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) All they would have to do is clone the Bloodbat configuration, and then re-skin them. That is pretty much what they did with the Bird heads in the Marketplace. o_O They started off with something else and then re-skinned. When they had that glitch the heads they started off with started to show through. Remember the Werewolf Heads bald spot? Besides, I am not looking for perfect, Even if the wings pulled a Rayman with distance from the back, so long as they were the same size as the Male Wings of Sin, plenty of people would be happy. A Material is going to most likely go over them anyway, so I doubt you would be able to truly see it, and even if you could, I use Goddess and Elemental style characters, so some floating Supernatural wings would not look out of place here. :eek: Give me a set of 4 and 6 of them not connected at all, and see if I do not buy them. :confused: Even with a 5 or 10 bucks per wing price tag attached. With the ease that they pop out new content, I know it is not point and click 2 minutes, but I am willing to bet it could be done in a few hours, a day at the most. :p Dust 514 was the king of reskinning. I do not believe they EVER used a fresh build. :eek: When you loaded in the came would cycle between like 10 previous designs before it landed the final one. :D It was like a 1.5 second trip through memory lane, every time you logged in. Hahaha!

o_O They could even do double arms. :confused: All wings are just thicker arms with really long fingers. Strip the feathers, or the wings skin and attach fixed hands. Click your movement and they can extend out and down Goro style. Flapping wings already bounce like they have weight. Arms would do the same thing. Error with the skin glitching or twisting weird? Coat them with something that does not show skin movement. :eek: Cosmic material, and allow them to use other materials over that. Don't wanna go that route? Look at the Aegis of Azarath arms. You cannot tell me that they cannot slide the massive scythes back to the elbow, add a hand and stretch the blade out to resemble an extra forearm coming out of the same elbow. ;) There are many more ways to make this game do what you think it cannot.

:confused: As for them having to fit with the Flight mode. o_O The flight mode has been needing adjustment for years like I showed in the video. Even so I doubt size would affect that... By the by, I just thought of this. You know the Magic Crystal Supply Drops Crystals are nothing but Skinny stretched out base item crystals, right. So if they can do that with base items, I know that function is possible for any item made. :p Stretch and bend, stretch and bend.
  2. Exileant Well-Known Player

3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I would like a new Style Tab for Body Type! It would so cool to have multiple body types unlocked on a single character. This would allow Armory shifts mimicking characters like Billy Batson shifting into Captain Marvel, or Giganta's growth ability!

I believe these should be sold on the MP/Loyalty Vendor, for the same price as a Respec: Body Type token. So as not to devalue said tokens.
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

first things first they would have to find a new stance for female AND male players as the wings are malfunctioning on both, and this i agree needs to be looked into and corrected. however as the prior poster explained, the wings are differently sized due to the physiological density differences between male and female toon models, to have it on females without it completely clipping through, unless the female model suddenly grows about 4 inches of muscle mass it would be glitch haven trying to mold the wings to the existing model, and given the influx of *cough cough* nudity inducing styles from some of the recent thread posters i doubt anyone with female toons would pay such a price just to have larger wings.
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

• Like x 2
  6. an81angel Well-Known Player

There is a thread for aura's and materials, you could try posting there in regards to the new accessory slotted items.
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Meg mentioned why It wasn't possible already, and I previously explained why it takes more work than you believe.

If you'd like further explanation feel free to ask me privately. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

might be a little late for a suggestion for April fools gift but maybe the fake glasses with the fake mustache. Could always use a good disguise to hide from my enemy.
    • Like x 1
  10. Exileant Well-Known Player

:confused: What are you talking about? Serious stance supports the large Bloodbats just fine, as would they with the Wings of Sin. (Video.) And Doubt all you want, I know literally EVERYONE in my friend circle would. :eek: In fact some of them quit the game because they could not get decent large wings for their women, I mean while I will not go as far as saying there is some sexist reason why it has not happened yet, if you sit there and brood about it long enough on a bad day, you can begin to. :( If you take a look at the options between the two Males have had the best looking stuff and more of it from the start. :mad: I mean where is my set of head spikes for hair that can show up even with helmets attached. (That would be great to use on my bird heads.) o_O Wings of Sin being large on only males was the Straw. Not to mention I just said: o_O "I WOULD pay that price". so there goes your doubts. The Mesa Female is more like a Very large Striker, so for scaling, the "Male Mesa" is the ONLY body build they would need to leave off. :eek: The rest of the body styles would mesh just fine with the large wings. o_O All they would have scale is the wings to match the size of the character, the way they have done with the males between Sprites, and Strikers. Off of a Bloodbat Base so it will not fall under the Shrinking code that the other wings do, you will get the desired results.

:rolleyes: By the by, most of the people who want their characters to look like street trash are men. ;) Women players usually want there characters to look more so amazing... o_O Those with an imagination anyway.... :confused: You have some that well... Are lacking in that department. For women gamers, The fact that their characters have breast is enough to let everyone know this is a woman. Body mods, armor and awesome energy fields to crush our enemies is now the focus. :eek: Which is why I need FAIRNESS!!!! With the amount of folks screaming "Dang you look hot in a game because they have nothing better to do, you honestly think I would buy any of those dresses for my characters? Hahaha!
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    female
    [IMG]
    male.

even using the blood bat argument falls flat. bu just in case you doubt i will show you blood bat on EQUAL body builds [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Exileant Well-Known Player

:mad: That is an OLD Photo where the Wings would not retract in the View Character screen.... o_O They now fold just like they do on the female, and fit just fine. :eek: WATCH THE VIDEO!!!

:( If I misunderstood you then please for give my temper. It is just really frustrating, to see somethings be possible and then to be told not to believe my own eyes. o_O Like An American Tale infuriating.

Your message was longer than I first saw, so even in your pictures Large wings are supported just fine. No Scaling needed. Just use them as the base cookie-cutter to make more.
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i see no difference, the wings are just the same as before. plus as previously stated the wigns of sin/glitter and blood bat styles both have different anchor points, movements etc. this is nowhere near an apt comparison.
  14. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) AT 2:10 I run into the invisible barrier. While Facing that barrier the character is stopped and the wings Flap symmetrical, neither wing dips (At its lowest point passed the characters back-swept arms. :( However when I move away from it, the wings Twist similar to how they do when you use "Flight" thanks to the out-stretched arm. This forces one of the wings to sink lower that the other, while the other is much higher and the left wing will then start passing through the entire left arm of the character using acrobatics, as a movement mode. I go back to show that while against the barrier and not going forward, the wings never start to lean. :eek: The Insectoid wings used to lean that way as well, until they locked them into the stationary flight pattern. While I believe it can be seen clear as day (thanks to the brightness of the Material and the fact I am using Cosmic Upper body and arms), I will make another video in Metropolis, to make sure this can be seen. :eek: It looks far worse on characters that use large gloves or Handblasters, but considering her ENTIRE arm starts to pass through her wing with NOTHING on, means it is pretty bad....
    • Like x 1
  15. Exileant Well-Known Player

:confused: Even if they did not have the same points of connection which they do, again, all they have to do is CLONE the Wings of their choosing Just as they did with the Wings of glitter) o_O And either change the anchoring point to that of the that new clone to read "attached as if Bloodbat" Or as I have said before, start a new design with the Bloodbats as the starting point. :eek: This will bypass the need to write new code altering the other wings. If they make our wings from bloodbats, they will not be affected by the messed up size code that was written in. You all are thinking that they have to write this stuff in, like making a new power. ;) Building clothes and going through the Gates of Tartarus to develop new animations like powers are two completely different things. Everything is done in layers, which makes it that much easier to add wearable items. Even so, it is even possible to be lazy when it comes to making new powers by a minor extent. :p Notice how a lot of the powers have that same double handed push animation, or the single handed arm raise.

:confused: As far as how wings move; nearly all of the wings that CAN move, move the same exact way, Even the metal ones move like they are made of rubber, so no they do not have to make up new animations for their movement....

:( Sorry, I meant to add this to the first post but had to step away, and exceeded the edit time limit...
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

like i said different movements for the wings of sin/glitter, hawkwings, and blood bat ones. the blood bat ones "bend" at a point off the back, the birds "flap" at the attachment point ON the back. i don't think you're quite getting that, the blood bat wings and bird/avian wings are nothing alike, the blood bat wings even bend at different points causing diagonal semi vertical flapping while bird like wings flap horizontally. i'm not going to say they "won't" or "can't" ever make the wings larger as a lot of technical issues have been hurdled over the past few months which devs said they "couldn't" do, but at the time what you're proposing wouldn't work. the toons/toon's stances themselves would have to change to allow this.
  17. Heaven DIO New Player

18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

A gal godot/ rebirth wonder woman style
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    And witchmarked wonder woman from witching hour event
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Doomed Superman
    [IMG]
    Wonder Circe would be my main villains style especially if combined with rebirth wonder woman style
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Exileant Well-Known Player

:)Again, the stances have nothing to do with it. Serious Stance is for all characters and allows the characters back to be straight that ensures 0 pass through. o_O As for programming movement it is almost as simple as copy and paste, once you have the part you want. That is how you do enemies. "This" enemy, in spite of looking different, will act "this" way. :confused: The Glitter and Sin wings do flap in a weirder way than Bloodbats, but only because they made them do so by selecting THAT movement style for them. You can deselect that movement and apply the Bloodbats. The place where they bend would look about the same. :D I believe you are just over thinking what has to be done. A lot of the movements you see in the game are basically preset movements at this point. :eek: I would say the first unique moves they made in a loooooong while were, Munitions Shoulder Rocket Launcher animation, and Water's Waving moves. :) Everything else is still old movements with new lights. :p And now, guess what, they can apply those moves to any enemy or power in the game. Select and deselect style. Making those large wings work on a female is child's play for them.
  20. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Would it be possible to get a feet style based on the boots worn by the Hive Stingers? I know we already have head, shoulder, and hand styles of their gear, but I'd like'd to have the boots too.

[IMG]

I need them to complete this dream outfit for my Green Lateran character. The outfit needs the Hive hands&feet and the Cat Burglar chest&legs, but the chest and the feet of those style sets are not available. The rest of it will use the Spindrift shoulders, Daring Vigilante waist, one of the three Green Lateran emblems(GL Corps, Allen Scott or Dawnbreaker) and maybe the Scion Of Ion back. Ideally, I'd love to have the Batman-Inspired Mask head style, but that will probably never happen. So, as an alternative I'm thinking about using the Gotham Knight head style with ether the Bug Goggles or the Emissive Eyes face styles.