Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Any chance to finally give men access to Women hair styles? Like why cant i wear a ponytail? Why cant i wear my hear up and spiky like the women? The hair styles in game for women are very unisex and very anime like.. The men hair styles should have access to most of those hair styles
    • Like x 2
  2. Megzilla Developer

I'll inquire.
    • Like x 1
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I think DCUO has too many cargo looking jeans, with no FLARE to it.. USE these examples below as good direction to LOOK.

ALOT of players like me, like MODERN DAY ANIME inspired styles such as;
    TrenchCoats, Fleece jackets, OVERSIZE SWORDS/SHIELDS, longer hair (for men), and last but NOT LEAST OVER SIZED Robes,(MAYBE Star wars inspired ROBES ex; See darth maul or kylo ren)
    (should be noted that DC does have JAPANESE style animated movies.)

Other players like traditional HEROES designs such as;
    Tights, OVER THE SHOULDER capes, heavy armor, tech styles outfits, Dragging capes, wide capes, hoods, to be a different species(where is MARTIANS, Reptilian, etc?)

Some players also like casual wear styles such as:
    Hats, snapback fitteds cap, different jeans(ripped, baggy, skinny) Cools jackets, jerseys (with no team affiliates), Army fatigue, bulletproof vest, vests, jewelry, sneakers and business attire. Just to name a few..

Some players just want to look RICH:

BUT ONCE AGAIN! These are not representation of CHARACTERS I LIKE! more like examples of STYLES that are missing from this game!

THESE ARE THE ANIME STYLE EXAMPLES.. pay attention to hair, clothes, & body types
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

THESE ARE THE TRADITIONAL HERO DESIGNS... take a look at the over the SHOULDER CAPES, the DRAGGING CAPES, MODERN DAY tights mixed with a little tech!

https://orig00.deviantart.net/33ab/...ebirth____transparent_by_asthonx1-da4ml2v.png

Notice The accessories everyone has.. Backwards hat.. Embedded shield to the hands.. Glasses.. etc..

https://hdqwalls.com/download/dc-superheroes-fan-art-99-2048x1152.jpg

I REALLY LIKE RIDDLERS WEAPON!!! ICONIC WEAPONS would be AWESOME!!! Make them legendary or ULTRA RARE.
    I also like jokers TATTOOS...

[IMG]

[IMG]

THESE ARE CASUAL WEAR EXAMPLES;

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

ONCE AGAIN these character i am showing you are not characters i like but showing off the different styles that are NOT available to us in the game.. Thanks! GOOD LUCK!
  4. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I just want to second this request. I love the hair styles, but I wish they were all unisex - and that the beards were a separate slot.

But since that's unlikely to change any time soon, giving guys access to female hair styles would be lovely.
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

They’d have to work hard to add more female hairstyles if they do that...that would probably double the number of hairstyles male characters can pick from, and they still have a long way to go in giving us enough proper female costume designs to balance how many of the ones already in the game are just male designs adapted to fit the female bodies as it is...
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

might as well do that for women as well. make the bearded lady happen meg
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

skins still technically count right? i definitely want a skeleton skin still. my zombie pirate,Bloodbath Billy, would look a billion times better as a skeleton pirate :) & meg do u think we could get more clown styles? especially a open ringmaster type jacket with coattails
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Just the beardless versions will balance it out, IMO
  9. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

I haven't seen any mention of Superman emblems/styles yet, but hopefully your keeping that a secret until the last moment :p 80yrs of Superman and all the other Supermen/women should give us a lot, from stand alone emblems and styles with it, to various versions of the emblem and styles. Like Eradicator, Supergirl, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Overman, Kingdom Come, Superdemon, Apokolips Superman, Red Sun and is so many more emblems and gear you could pick a few or all of them would be awesome.

I'd love for you to add not only his emblem and style (together and apart), but Nuclearman from Superman 4 Quest for Peace :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'd realy like some more animal leggs/feets.Like bird feets and lion paws.A spectral skin would be awesome.More helmets ,like the Guyver helm,More monster masks like dragons faries etc.
    • Like x 1
  11. Megzilla Developer

Thanks for taking the time to write up and find references for your requests!

I don't think we would be able to make beards a separate slot since I think it would mean a lot of back tracking. I do think it'd be easier to make hairstyles unisex, but I am not sure.

They're coming!

All's fair in love, war, and style choices.

Once I concepted a turkey suit for fall seasonal that I doubt will ever see the light of day. It had bird feet. Lol. Thanks for the suggestions.. I know you have some cool costumes in the works if we are able to get any of these through the pipeline. ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Hi,

I'd like to see a monkey skin in the game - a tailed humanoid (like the big cat skins, but without the ears on top of the head), Bonus points if the face can be coloured separately from the body (kind of like the war paint on the barbarian skin, but just on the face).

https://eyesofodysseus.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/japanese-maquac.jpg

Currently I'm kinda faking this with a regular human skin and the demon tail, or by using a big cat skin and a hat that covers the ears, but what I'd really like is a more big cat-like tail with the ability to leave the head uncovered. Pleeeeease!
  13. Volle Active Player

Singel Item Style

Full arm robotic style with maby a leather jacket with one sleav thorn off ore shirt + vest style with robotic arm

culd make it a skin style so we can use gloves and upcoming lobo vest to this

[IMG]

Somthing more

GCPD Styl items

Like Detective Gun holster shirts and maby dual pistol Holster pants like lobos pants that you guys made

[IMG]

GCPD Suit

[IMG]

And the GCPD Emblem

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Meg!!!! can we please please have that style in-game? the Jacket with the shirt. And the shorts with fishnets aswell?
    (Eh, If I spelled it right\said the right thing.)
    • Like x 3
  15. Megzilla Developer

Might be able to recreate this look with some upcoming styles. I'll write down fishnets with shorts, Id hope it'd be a quick sculpt if we just make a new version of the black canary-ish leg style.
    • Like x 2
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Would it be possible to make a jacket as a back piece, so it could be worn over other chest styles? :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I have a very simple request, Meg: Simply see what you can do to keep the ball rolling with styles being given a textural "facelift" for 2018, and then put in the Marketplace, as was done with the Speed Force Spectrum Style Set recently.

The ones that I'd specifically love to see given a facelift are:

Hijacked Servitor
    [IMG]

Besides improved, high resolution textures, I also NEED it to be able to display an Emblem right in the middle of the glowing disc in the center of the chest. It's crucial for the character design I need this style for. ;)

Metallo's Maw
    [IMG]

As 2 of the older styles in the game, their age is really showing with the low-res textures, anyway. Also, the heavy-handed "metal material" you see on the red color slot of the Metallo's Maw set changes colors too much, making them too dark. That's a common problem on older style sets, which can be fixed by a change to better metallic textures. So please, make it so! ;)
  18. RoundLittleArms New Player

Cat faces and/or heads, the current cat bodies have very human faces. Masks or headpieces (or face) would be neat.

And digitigrade legs to go with that, where the character walk on the toes like cats do. We have satyr legs and various beastiamorph styles, not counting the characters/trinkets. We also have the lion tooth juju, but that's a big, male lion kind of thing, and a whole transform on a timer, as with the trinkets.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There are technical limitations from the game's engine that prevent some of these things, such as the huge Batman and Spawn capes. The fabric simulation in this game just isn't sophisticated enough to handle something like that, which would result in a TON of clipping!

But that Flash costume, or rather, something reasonably similar to it, is more possible now than ever before, and I CHALLENGE YOU to do your homework and figure out how to get as close to that as is currently possible. I'll even give you a free hint to get you on your way...

You need the Exobyte Origin Head Style that was available this past January during the annual Anniversary Event.

[IMG]

If you grabbed it in January, you're good to go. If you didn't, you'll have to wait until January 2019.

Another possibility would be to combine the existing Speedster Cowl with the Goggles that are available during Character Creation. Either method could work, but I think the Exobyte Origin Head Style will be more satisfactory for that look. :cool:
  20. Megzilla Developer

Interesting, I'll ask.

I'll write it down in case they ask for ideas on what to update. Not sure how they choose which suits to redo. But yes here is a huge gap between current quality gear and OG styles.
    • Like x 1