Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

2. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    Styles like this. Jackets, or Jacket+shirt.
    Kinda similar to the Lobo one, but this is also two-colors and just more Harley.
    And More Harley is welcome :D
    • Like x 5
  3. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Could we get a shadow/darkness powers?? Something based off characters like the Shade and the Shadow Thief
  4. DC Urban Committed Player

Why is that if you don't mind me asking? How long can male hair get?
  5. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

I would love to see new styles and skins based on DC's new age of heroes. Mainly Skins like Curse of Brimstone and Damage.
  6. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

I think they are merely blowing smoke. It does not benefit them financially to make that change.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well that's your opinion.
    • Like x 1
  8. Megzilla Developer

It is a current tech limitation we would have to dedicate resources to figuring out if we can overcome. One thing at a time.
    • Like x 4
  9. Megzilla Developer

I quickly looked at how her hair was built it and in my super rough investigations it looks like it's attached, skinned/weighted like a back piece of gear. I don't know if that's something we would be willing to do but I may as well throw the suggestion out and see what's possible in terms of having long hair. I think as long as it doesn't go past shoulders it's easiest since there's less clipping/issues with shoulders and back pieces but I'm not 100% sure. (Also, the longer cloth/hair gets, the weirder it looks if it's not cloth-simmed.. and that gets memory intensive very quickly)
    • Like x 3
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's the problem with the gorilla, etc. when you say cloth simmed? Like it looks like a piece of plastic instead of actual fabric or fibers?
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

She’s referring to how it moves with animations and movement. Physics stuff. Looking like plastic instead of fabric is textures (which includes things like speculation maps (shininess) and bump maps (which give a flat surface a 3d texturing effect when it’s rendered by your graphics card)).
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I knew not paying attention during physics was going to come back and bite me in the butt one day. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And now I’m picturing a pit bull named Inattention eyeing your backside hungrily *chomp*
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Stop looking at my backside. o_O;)
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I’m not, the pit bull is. And I’m looking at the pit bull :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Megzilla Developer

Well I mean it's a different kind of physics lol. But consider how some skirts/pieces of gear are (think of toga skirts, gorgon legs, etc) how it's stuck to the model vs. capes are free flowing/more realistic. But I did see that we do have a long hair style but it clips through everything.. lol
    • Like x 2
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Only way to prevent clipping with long hair is essentially TressFX with collision, which uses a lot more power than (comparatively) simple cloth sim. I honestly don’t mind long hair clipping to a much greater extent than styles that shouldn’t have issues together (such as the Seraph belt with literally everything including the Seraph legs). Running ordinary cloth sim on it would be nice (for long styles that justify it) but not entirely necessary if the weighting is good enough.
    • Like x 3
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Hmm. I should maybe expand/clarify my view on hair clipping slightly. I don’t mind if hair clips, so long as the result is that it looks like the hair is going over the back piece (i.e., it’s ok for back pieces to be partly/mostly/entirely hidden by the hair, but long hair should never look like it’s stuffed into a backpack and then poking out of the bottom of said backpack).
    • Like x 3
  19. DC Urban Committed Player

Never paid much attention to clipping in mmo. It is like trolls, they are everywhere. I don't care for clipping, but I can only speak for myself. I wonder if it can be compensated by increasing the hair height (Top Portion) as opposed to the lower portion.
  20. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Definitely a must have due to all the success in styles with the materials, I suggest Colored Nth Metal Materials. I think that would be really awesome. Thank you.:cool:

[IMG]