Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Paranoid much? I seriously doubt that any company has any sort of copyright on what’s considered a form of traditional ethnic clothing. All I was doing is providing examples of what a cheongsam/qipao looks like. Or maybe you think anyone who wears blue jeans in real life should be paying Levi Strauss massive royalties each time they wear them?

Or have you forgotten the ‘inspired by’ aspect of MANY of the requests in the thread?
    • Like x 2
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, like the one that puts the weird spider leg looking thing on the character's back. A similar thing could be done with arms. Hmmm... after all, it wouldn't be any stranger than a set of wings.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rylyn New Player

Blacksuit Superman
    • Like x 1
  4. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

A superman chest but instead of the house of el symbol make it a big emblem slot where we can put our own emblems in if we want to. Similar to the stalwart defender chest which is one of my favorite styles but without the neck
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Alibaba New Player

is this just me or is superman always changing his looks in DCUO?
    • Like x 2
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A good idea.
    • Like x 1
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

It’s good it changes on DCUO all the time. Because in the comics Superjerk has about as many costumes as Batman.
  8. Megzilla Developer

Those are so pretty. I do know we usually try to avoid dresses/etc because we would have to cloth sim. Too bad we don't do a chinese new year event otherwise this would be a good excuse to push for it. I'll see where we might be able to fit some more diverse styles
    • Like x 1
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Actually, I was thinking about suggesting a Chinese New Year event but forgot. Wouldn’t even need to have missions/feats, could just be some seasonal flavor for regular Metropolis/Gotham with vendors...although...isn’t Faust a Chinese sorcerer? That’s the impression I have of him, anyway...probably because of the first Wonder Woman leveling mission being in Chinatown...

Note: Raven’s costume, from the waist down, is very similar to a qipao suitable for fighting in its basic design :)
    • Like x 1
  10. DanXVII Committed Player

Recently saw your Japanese Assassin's Creed concept art. I would stab an untold amount of Templars in the neck to get something like that in game for my kunoichi character. I've already dissected it into DCUO body parts with my mind lol.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Megzilla Developer

I am pretty sure character team would have me lynched LOL
    • Like x 3
  12. Volle Active Player

[IMG]
    Samuraj Batman and Joker

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. ImBigCapo New Player

It would be cool if all NPCs in the game styles were attainable
    • Like x 1
  14. BatmanBoyBR Level 30

Female and Males styles should be able to mix! More hight heels for males! More purses, more fashion stuff!!
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

[IMG][IMG]

Lyssa's costume. PLEASE.
    • Like x 3
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And make it available to both heroes and villains :)
    • Like x 1
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Maybe a cloak similar to Pariah or Mr. Oz? You know, one that hides the entire body. It may be a hooded cape but it doubles as a full-body robe for the sake of hiding the body mysteriously.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Book could be a style piece.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

He's been hanging around with Green Lantern Kyle Rayner too much. I swear that kid changes his costume every season, like clockwork! :p