Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

2. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I personally would like to see rebirth styles in the marketplace for purchase so we can get what we want also some villain inspired styles
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Achilles warkiller style
    [IMG]
    And doomsday skin and style
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    These are just personal requests I wanted to put out there
    • Like x 3
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I'd like to see a more organic looking version of Prideful. (the Rebirth look of Raven's soul-self, where Prideful is the New 52 version)
    • Like x 1
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Valentines day hair

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. biroid New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Luthor31 Level 30

Crisis on Two Earths' Lex's Black & Gold Armor.
    Orange Energy Armor, Green, Red, Violet, etc. Based on Lex's main Battlesuit.
    More WWII Uniforms; the few in game are exclusive to one or two episodes, but a few independent of those episodes would be nice, and you can, in the process add a few more to those episodes for balance & period diversity.
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I really like this one. Maybe a Valentines version with the ribbon heart for the seasonal event and a non seasonal version without the ribbons in the hairstyles vendor or on marketplace?
    • Like x 2
  8. Saturn Girl Committed Player

I personally hadn't like the ribbons.
    But as long as we haven't had any new wavy hair style, this hair style without the ribbons is a very beautiful new wavy hair style in the game.
  9. maddragonmaster New Player

can we get something a bit more draconic? i know there isn't much dragons in dc universe but can we see some stuff that is exclusive to the dc universe online universe? it feels like this game using nostalgia as life support a bit too much.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ascended Well-Known Player

Just like the comics!

>Ba dum bum ching!<

I agree actually. Back in the day we had styles that weren't directly inspired by any particular character, and it made mixing and matching a lot easier. I like the Iconic costumes of course, but a few originals wouldn't be out of order either.

Fortunately, we are getting that new gear with the Anniversary. Inspired by an original character from one of the early DCUO shorts, so its not really an Iconic costume at all. What's that dude's name?

So....I had a thought. We've got characters like Lex Luthor, who have missile launchers on their backs, and Cheetah with her prehensile tail.....(wait, does Cheetah have a tail in DCUO? She does sometimes.....)

What if we had a style that attacked our targets automatically? Like what if those back cannons launched short range missiles at whatever we're targeting, on their own, without needing to put them in our loadout? We have trinkets that have a % chance to trigger an effect during an attack and artifacts that trigger an effect when a certain condition is met. So why not gear? Obviously this gear wouldn't be able to do a lot of damage or it'd be too OP, but I'm sure it could be balanced out (lower stats maybe? I dunno Im not a dev). Heck, I'd even accept gear that makes a show of it but doesn't actually do damage or have an effect. I'd believe that the PS3 was too limited to handle something like this, but with that platform about to be discontinued maybe its possible?
  11. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Fracture! :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. sweetbabysabes Active Player

I wouldn't mind any of these suggestions. However I like the idea of the aura's being used more like the normal colors. Even if it's like one material per piece, ex. chest-phoenix then other normal colors and feet-time torn then normal color. However it probably won't happen, so I would love to see more styles give me the ability to use my emblems. Wouldn't mind being able to use materials on those things either. Things like the elite capes and stuff would be nice to set other colors than what you want it to be. The speed force aura would be a lot nicer if I could make that other colors than red.
    Another thing I'd like to see is some sorta style that allows say the trenchcoat with my choice of shirt or chest piece.
    Lastly, I'd love to see the elite gear I can create, perhaps design. Using the stuff we have, but being able to apply it to other things. say the nuclear elite head piece. Crafting a piece that would allow me to put the flames from that on say the Elite Cape you get from the Blackest Night run. The I wouldn't mind taking some of the designs you have and being able to apply certain things to other gear. Mystic pants and shirts, being able to put those designs on some other gear. Head pieces, capes, boots etc. Thanks and if this has been said, plz disregard!!
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Figured I better post this before the topic gets flooded with posts asking for it. This coming Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, comic shops across the United States will see a new Batman comic hit shelves: Batman and the Signal # 1 (of 3):

[IMG]

It would appear that the Signal is Batbrain's new sidekick... at least for this 3-issue mini-series, anyway. ;)

And just like every other member of the Bat Family, you know that everybody and their uncle's brother's cousin's former roommate will be wanting to recreate this costume in DCUO! ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I was dreaming about playing the game the other night. (odd when you consider how much time i spend playing it in my free time awake)
    anyway, during my "dream session" I ran across a player who was wearing an interesting variant of the Golden Age Flash Helmet. actually, It wasn't the Jay Garrick Helm I've seen on so many players already (I know that one comes from completeing a briefing in the Flash Museum duo. I do not yet have the CR that enables me to take part in that instance)
    Instead the helmet was more classically designed in nature .
    By that I mean it looked like it was actually the Helmet of Hermes himself rather than just a 20th century man's redesigned WWI Helmet
    [IMG]th-1 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    but it had more pronounced Wings as seen on the Kingdom Come Flash
    [IMG]10181328424_85c182b7be_z by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    (the the character was wearing the Greek Hero look (I'm not sure? i think it's Gorgon slayer?) and he had stone skin so he looked like a statue come to life)
  15. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hi there everyone:) As you know I suggested the Nth metal shaders or mats as we call them in DCUO. And I got the idea from Injustice 2 which now has 2 new Nth metal shaders. They've also added a "Crimson Kryptonian"..., shader recently as of yet. Also possibly entire "Futuristic" suits of Nth metal would be nice. That's one of the things which initially attracted me to Injustice 2, the shiny metallic armor of the Justice League uniforms, which to me is comparable to our own Nth metal. Also there's a bit of a buzz in regards to "The Legion of Superheroes" and they have a belt with the LSH symbol that is like our Justice League emblem, and I like it. Happy New Year to all!:cool:
  16. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

More chest styles where the emblem shows up on the shoulder rather than the chest or back.
    And speaking of emblem placement, is it possible to get them to show up on other equipment like gloves, boots, and belts?
    And along that line of thought, how about a style set that has repeating emblem pattern all over it like Riddler in Batman Forever?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Style sets/pieces that display the emblem in alternative locations:

One side of the chest like Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner
    The belt buckle, like the Bombshell Harley style has the Batman emblem
    The shoulder like military patches
    The hip or thigh of leg pieces
    Back pieces/capes
    Etc

Maybe with options like whether or not to show it on a given piece (would require a minor adjustment to style UI to toggle showing the emblem on that piece)

Some existing styles could then be modified to have an emblem spot, like the jeans pants style and so on
  18. Free Parking New Player

I want to look like creatures! You gave us satyre legs but we can't change between hooves or clawed chicken feet! lol. But I think the options could almost be endless! If we could just choose from more options, then i think allot of players would like to use less clothing, and more fur, feathers or maybe even some scales? lol. What if my satyre legs where combined with ape arms, or a sleek snake like body! OMG, let me do both! Put a fish head on top of all that and my best boots and everyone will know I'm having a good time online :D

Just a thought! thanks for your time and sorry if this post is redundent.

P.S. For event's, or what ever, maybe give us a new skin like "Teddy Bear Armor" for V day, or a "Bunny Armor" for Easter?
  19. IcyStone Well-Known Player

i would like to see more bracers and cuffs instead of gloves
    • Like x 2
  20. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Headband, for those that want to make an 80's Supergirl or martial arts character
    • Like x 3