Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Wastrel New Player

So we already have Emissive Eyes, but how about Smoldering Eyes? Like in the comic books or movies where a character's eyes are issuing energy or smoke in trails out from the outside edge of their eyes (but not necessarily glowing)? If we could color it too that would be neat. Examples:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also, flaming, separate body parts. Like just a flaming head, or solely a flaming hand or hands (like the energy cell aura). And ideally able to be colored too. Example:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Ully Committed Player

Hey Meg,

I have a request regarding the Ultraman cape. Is it possible for you guys to adjust the blacks in the color palette for this cape? At the moment, the color black is not being rendered accurately and in fact, the color black has a greenish tint to it. I have attached an image below, showing the color range from the color sampler in photoshop.

[IMG]
  3. Coelha Well-Known Player

AFAIK they don't update old styles, since they are focusing in new ones, and i'm not sure this is the right place to post this lol.
    ---
    Back to topic
    What about a volthoom material? Would be sick to have one with all the spectrum colors.
    [IMG]
  4. Megzilla Developer

Our gear tends to pick up green tints because of how our reflected/bounced light maps (cube maps) are set up* (I am trying to regurgitate what I've been told about it). I don't know why and I don't know how big of a deal it is for character team to go look into it :(
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I blame leakage from too many Green Lanterns.
    • Like x 2
  6. L T Devoted Player

I know people like the iconic stuff with emblems worked into it, but honestly I'd like to see emblemless versions of the superman and batman armored suits like the dark specter batsuit, the house of el warsuit, and the steel suit.

Cause Iconic is good, but customized-to-me is good too.
    • Like x 1
  7. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hi there everyone!:) I think I would like to see the Jor El style from The Brothers in Arms Alert. In my opinion it has the ultimate "glory days of Krypton" feel.:cool:Thank you.;)

8. Ully Committed Player

Its unfortunate that a rare and exclusive style like Ultraman's cape, can't be benefit from utilising the deep blacks from the color palette. In contrast, common styes, like the head style in the picture (league of assassins) can benefit from deep blacks. There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies, especially in regards to black tones and its distribution among styles and textures. :( I know its unrealistic to go through DCUO's entire catalogue and make changes, but could you use your powers of convincing and perhaps ask another dev to look at Ultraman's cape? It just sucks to have a really cool and rare style suffer from that ugly dark green tint.
  9. Megzilla Developer

I will ask.
  10. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Most definitely Nth Metal Textures or and Shaders, for Kryptonian gear and I'm pretty sure that would be a must have for everyone across The League!:DLord Kal El out.;)

11. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

That Boy is Super Kryptonian Crimson Nth Metal Rocket Boots with more propulsion visuals!:D

12. Megzilla Developer

It's a difference in shaders. Ultraman's cape is picking up the environment colors whereas the helmet you are using is probably older gear with different shaders so it doesn't pick up the environment/bounced light as much as the cape. This is just a difference in old gear vs new gear. (TLDR: Not going to edit it)
    • Like x 1
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey Meg,

I have posted a thread about a Catwoman mask as it is her 75th anniversary this week. Any chance we might see something?
    • Like x 1
  14. Megzilla Developer

No as far as I know :( But I can write down it down as a player request.
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Any chance that the auras can be fixed they have a break at the elbows to the wrists.
  16. Skandov Well-Known Player

With all due respect. I find it a little odd that you guys keep saying you note down our ideas, but none of them ever seem to see the light of day... I'm starting to think it's a thing being said, just to satisfy and keep us waiting for something we'll never get. That's why I personally after 4 years of playing stopped giving my ideas, which have been requested by many others, because we won't see them.
  17. Megzilla Developer

It takes time to make assets. We also have to figure out where to insert player-requested items on top of our regularly scheduled content.
  18. Megzilla Developer

Is this a new bug or just because of new types of auras? I don't work with auras so I'm out of the loop.
  19. Skandov Well-Known Player

Does it take 3+ years to fix pvp?
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

No it's been going on for a long time it's on all the auras but the sold ones show it the most.