Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ascended Well-Known Player

Has there been any word in the Dark Matter/New Age of Heroes stuff DC is launching next year?

For those who don't know what that is, early 2018 DC is launching a new imprint of titles called New Age of Heroes or something, with all new characters created by DC's top talent. The imprint is pushing a "creator friendly" indie vibe (as much as DC can anyway), with a diverse roster of new characters.

DCUO has been tying into big DC events.......and these new characters have been designed by the best DC artists available.....if its not being discussed.....maybe it should be?
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'd like to see the following items, all long overdue:

1. A "Partial Slimline" Head Style with a "widow's peak" and some exposed forehead.

2. Some futuristic metal bracers as a hand style, but with the hands themselves left BARE.

3. A more futuristic Waist Style with a skull belt buckle.

4. And some cavalry/horse riding boots.

'Cuz REASONS.

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

I think you could recreate that fairly easily with current gear.. Minus the belt lol. Starro the Conqueror set has the bracers you want. The widows peak head would probably be the most difficult to match....

EDIT: I do want more bracers. I'm not big into gloves myself :p
    • Like x 3
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I also wouldn't mind a female shoulder style based on Boodikka's shoulder armor that she originally wore in the comics:

[IMG]

But of course, if you wanted to do an entire Style Set based on her, that'd also give us some new bracers! ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

@Megzilla: any chance of adding a bunch of one-off requests to the vault? my most wanted item is a Casket back style. i have a evil doctor type character, would be a nice touch to have a casket w/ 1 of his patients on his back. :) another funny back style to add would be an Imp. imagine how many players will wear a piggybacking imp style.
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

I was wondering about Tattoos? would there be a way for us to be able to change the colors of them or maybe more Tattoos or different colored ones?
    • Like x 1
  7. Megzilla Developer

I don't think we would add these styles to the vault. But I am hoping we can put them on marketplace for direct purchase.
    • Like x 2
  8. Megzilla Developer

I'll ask about customizing color!
    • Like x 2
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Ah the Phantom,my favorite hero of all time :)
    • Like x 1
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

Great! Thank you :)
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If it’s currently set up the way I suspect it is, it’ll probably take about as much work as splitting facial hair from male hairstyles, as far as getting the systems in place in the UI, and possibly also include some work on the character models and maybe even work on the rendering engine, depending on the technique used. (Some method of texture layering in the rendering engine, IMO, would be the most versatile option. Going that route would even allow for our characters to dynamically show things like bruises, etc, as our health drops!)
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And not just any Phantom, it's the Phantom of the year 2040, whose animated series was a bright-spot of animated entertainment in the mid-'90s. It's absolutely CRIMINAL that it's so hard to find the entire series on DVD. :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I loved the Defender's of the earth version of phantom.
    • Like x 2
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I took a look at the Starro the Conquerer Hand Style, and it's all wrong for this character. I know there may be a hand style or 2 where I can color the hands to his skin tone to get the look of bracers, so I'll have to try that. Maybe one of the Amazonian styles can work for that or something.
  15. Icon Active Player

That would be great if they could incorporate such detail. I would love to see damage inflicted to our toon’s and enemies armor and body at progressively worse levels as their health declines.
  16. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I would like to be able to get Etrigan's leg style, just leveled a new alt and saw it for the first time in a while and that would be cool to be able to use.
    • Like x 1
  17. Draguil New Player

Is it possible to have a scaly skin with a short stubby reptile tail and a more reptilian face. The canid and felid skins seem to have some noticeably inhuman features while the reptile skin looks like a regular human with scales.
    • Like x 2
  18. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Also, I love the demon tail but only one of my characters has it. I just made a new alt I want it for and I know how rare drops go for me so....any chance we could get a similar tail we can actually obtain? Not through TC's or any other nonsense but one we can use...or even you know....STYLE UNLOCKING....But hey it's only been two years on that....lol. Back to what I was saying though more tails with more variety would be super awesome.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wastrel New Player

Gotham By Gaslight!

Also: 80s 'heavy metal' homage a la Night Begins to Shine
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'd STILL like an official explanation as to why it is that players have now been given MULTIPLE ways to get the Avatar Bombardier Style Set, including an option to get it from a Vendor, but when it comes to the Demon's Tail Waist Style, they refuse to put it in the same Vendor that offers the Avatar Bombardier. :mad: