Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Gwen Dylan New Player

this isn't about an item but bases and league halls
    I've been in different leagues over the years and no matter how active or how many players they had the league halls were always empty of players. maybe for good reasons like there is no need to go there for most and its a bit out of the way to get too in the 1st place? understandable but i think i have a way to make it easer to get to and make it more fun to be in which will bring more life to it. okay so what if you

1st add warp to league hall and not just rally, base and hq on your map screen.

2nd place league hall warps in gotham and metropolis.

3rd and most craziest part of this but what if you add an option so players could chose to have a room in the league hall rather then there own base out in the world? how would this work? change the layout of the league halls and make wings for what will look like rows of doors which will have warps to each players room that would like this option, to make it cooler have the option that the doors will show an emblem of that players choosing that they have unlocked. how would the rooms work? they should be way smaller in size like the starter base in size, but should take on the theme of whichever base theme they have and want to use. they should no longer say allow this person in or that one but simply say locked or unlocked so anyone that can entre the league could just walk into there room if they wanted too. i think this will bring so much life to the league hall and bases making it feel more like a community even if the league is small in numbers it will make it feel more like the titans or young justice or even x men, because now you will run into your league mates face to face likely daily not just in the chat as that is not really as personal. people might make friends they might have not this way and the real reason people stay playing mmo's is why? =)
    also i think each person should only have the option of living in a single room as that might get a little out of control in just how big and how many floors the leagues hall will now have to have just to be able to fit all these rooms in.
    honestly as badly as i wanted other things for this game in the past or even now those things seem like a joke next this this idea because this would just add a new level to dcuo- example im normally in my base when im not doing a quest and just the random encounters of a league mate whom just happen to wonder into your room while you are doing whatever or when you leave your room to go w/e it will warp you to the warp outside of your room into the league hall which then there you will likely run into a league mate here and there and might end up doing something you didn't plan on or making a friend or group of friends you wouldn't of things like this i think is my point of why it would be fun. this also might make people buy more base themes now.

please think about this idea I don't want money or even credit I honestly just think this is a good idea and I would love to see it happen.
    • Like x 1
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I can only imagine this has been mentioned before but I'd really like a clear glass panel (floor) that I can move into position in the alcoves of my base to serve as a display area.
  3. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

A liter box for the cato_O
    • Like x 2
  4. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

A food and water bowl too.
    • Like x 2
  5. recoil Committed Player

how about patches for the winter seasonal like the halloween ones only instead of scorched earth, grass, and bone/fog we can get: aurora borealis/space looking patches for walls, ceilings, and floors, snow and ice, and maybe some crystal formation like patches similar to the stuff from the valentine seasonal.
  6. recoil Committed Player

i don't know i find him talking about wolves dragging him off when i'm not there surprisingly soothing.....
  7. GL4ever Well-Known Player

interactive items that trigger emotes like a fridge with drinking emote. a radio that plays all the Jack Ryder, Vicki Vale, and Lois Lane briefings. generic style windows that show Gotham and/or Metropolis. interactive furniture like sitting for chair and sleeping in bed. Search bar for base teleporter
    • Like x 1
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Iconic heroes/villains base items like the mxyzptlk one, and more musical base items of the seasons perhaps.
    • Like x 3
  9. OneBadBoi Active Player

So this is not a requested item, more of a question of why. I like many others in the game enjoy designing over the top bases for our characters. Those of us that do spend the many hours doing so have always found the Base Inventory Tab as being an essential part of the process. I have gone over the forums, and I have found a few posting asking for its placement back into the game. Of course none of which had the satisfactory answers as to why it had been removed. So here is my attempt to reach out to you, our game development team. Could you please explain your reasoning for removing such a helpful tool, and would you please seriously consider returning it to us? If not why?
    • Like x 4
  10. Gwen Dylan New Player

another simple idea that might be nice is a heart tub but full of water with floating rose petals in it
    [IMG]
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I want the Ticket Booth Window from the Zoo Raid. I bet that is worth a lot of in game cash. :oops:
  12. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

I would like to have at least 2 more amenities in the bases then the current limit. . Free placement of amenities in bases and league halls.
    • Like x 1
  13. majosea Dedicated Player

The Pedestal with Ice Lounge Gem , different ones . different colors red, green, orange ect , to match players bases
  14. GL4ever Well-Known Player

Pet bats.
    [IMG] I'd love having bats fly around in my cave lair.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Popcorn machine
  16. Op argillite Active Player

id like a giant crystal and or brick statue for my base, through all life's struggles and problems and breakups you know who will always have your back? Brick/Crystal lol #brick4president 2020
  17. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Flying Ravens and a little Monkey and Dog and Lion and Tiger,
  18. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

Wallpaper.
    • Like x 2
  19. GL4ever Well-Known Player

...and bears! Oh my!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I want more base items that can actually give you cash. Isis and the St. Patrick Day base items can give you items that you can sell to the vendor or broker. I actually got an item worth 11k from Isis today. That is actually worth it.

Now if we had something that could give us 25k everyday we logged and to use it. That would be so great.